Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 09:27 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times

Advertisements

There are so many story knows going on its getting confusing. They need to pull everything together!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 01:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
There are so many story knows going on its getting confusing. They need to pull everything together!
It is a bit like the Degrassi model (which I think CW does for most shows) as there is three storylines, an A and B (both mostly major to the actual episode while C is important for an arching storyline throughout the season. If you watch it realizing that, its much easier to follow.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:53 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is a bit like the Degrassi model (which I think CW does for most shows) as there is three storylines, an A and B (both mostly major to the actual episode while C is important for an arching storyline throughout the season. If you watch it realizing that, its much easier to follow.
X-Files was good for that. There was a continuing C series-long storyline, a season-long B story line, and an episode A story line.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:10 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I can see that but in most cases she and Barry get the information. How did Barry do it without Patty last season? Not saying Party isn't aI valued member of team Flash by osmosis, but Barry already did that job. I think Patty is more or less a love interest for Barry that isn't Iris as she is rather distracted this season and likely getting over her fiance's death.

Well what about Eobard Thawne running around in the Harrison Wells suit being a member of Team Flash and then turning on them with the whole Cisco situation that only Cisco and Barry know about? Why tell someone you trust but don't know well enough a secret like that, when it can out a ton of people's lives in danger and not just the hero?
I just watched the latest episode, which shows why they should have told Patty about Barry from the beginning--and Snow was even surprised that West hadn't told Patty yet.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I just watched the latest episode, which shows why they should have told Patty about Barry from the beginning--and Snow was even surprised that West hadn't told Patty yet.
Because like any good person who knew the secret identity of a superhero, it's not their secret to tell. If Barry didn't tell her, why should someone else? All it would do is just make it seem like they are hiding something from the other if it came from someone else, in this case Joe West.

Anyway I AM LOVING THIS EPISODE. I love watching basically a live action Mark Hammil Joker within The Flash's universe. That and Jesse Martin is a damn good actor. I love his dramatic timing and tone on the show. Just watch for the reveal of rather integral part of the show from here on in and his reaction.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:17 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I'll be watching. I have really loved "Arrow".
we started watching Flash on Netflix, and had no clue it was the spin off of a Green Arrow series. Now we are watching the Arrow show to catch up. In what order should all these shows be watched in?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:54 AM

735 posts, read 1,171,163 times
Arrow came first. The Flash was spun off from Arrow during the show's third season. Regardless, both are phenomenal shows with the Flash being CW's highest rated show.

After you catch up on Netflix, be advised that you can switch to both shows' current seasons on the CW The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 PM and Arrow Wednesdays at 8 PM.

Not to overwhelm you, but there is going to be a third spin off which starts in late January DC's Legends of Tomorrow which will feature characters and villains from both series- Thursdays at 8 PM.

AND

There is also Supergirl which airs Mondays at 8 PM on CBS. The series really belongs on the CW though because it is also by the same show runners who are producing the above series. There is even talk of a Supergirl/Flash/Arrow crossover at some point.

I would love to see that. I would just feel sorry for any villain that would be stupid enough to cross those three.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:55 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
we started watching Flash on Netflix, and had no clue it was the spin off of a Green Arrow series. Now we are watching the Arrow show to catch up. In what order should all these shows be watched in?
FLASH actually premiered on ARROW, but you don't have to watch ARROW to understand FLASH.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:02 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
Arrow came first. The Flash was spun off from Arrow during the show's third season. Regardless, both are phenomenal shows with the Flash being CW's highest rated show.

After you catch up on Netflix, be advised that you can switch to both shows' current seasons on the CW The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 PM and Arrow Wednesdays at 8 PM.

Not to overwhelm you, but there is going to be a third spin off which starts in late January DC's Legends of Tomorrow which will feature characters and villains from both series- Thursdays at 8 PM.

AND

There is also Supergirl which airs Mondays at 8 PM on CBS. The series really belongs on the CW though because it is also by the same show runners who are producing the above series. There is even talk of a Supergirl/Flash/Arrow crossover at some point.

I would love to see that. I would just feel sorry for any villain that would be stupid enough to cross those three.
Ok Cool, you know what I like about these shows so far? The fact that Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne are NO where to be found. Its about time DC and Warner Bros started featuring their other characters. I hope they keep Kent and Wayne OUT of this universe, im burned out on those two.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:44 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post

AND

I binge-watched the 3 seasons of Arrow this fall, and then watched Season 1 of Flash, ending that a week or so back. Good shows overall.

However, for both Comcast On Demand and on the CW site, you're limited to only certain episodes of the current season that are free. If you want to watch all of the current seasons and were starting now (or soon), you'd need to pay for some of the episodes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV