Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 10:00 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,953 times

Advertisements

I loved watching the marathon and I am sad that it is over. I have become invested in the characters. I know it is unrealistic but I do not want any of the main characters to die. I've been trying to figure out which episode was my favorite. I thought it was season 4 episode 1 but I am not sure. The whole series has been so good to date. Rick is a wonderfully complex character. I never realized how much a role Lori played in supporting him and at times guiding his decisions. The last episode scared me the most. Even in a zombie apocalypse, man is still the most dangerous predator. That bite freaked everyone out but it was necessary. I am really intrigued with what will happen between Rick and Carl. I think the best is yet to come. I did not bother to watch talking dead. I will wait until October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 12:58 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,382,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Did anyone watch Talking Dead last night? I was mad at the teaser. I thought we would see some stuff from Terminus.
The teaser sucked, very over hyped disappointment.

I also disagreed with the best kill the Talking Dead picked for the last season. It should have been Rick biting the guy's throat out, not the women killing the Governor.

I enjoyed watching the final episode of season 4, especially since I noticed for the first time the blanket covered in what looked like human bones, especially the intact ribcages, when the group ran through Terminus while being herded into the cattle car area. Those Terminites must be cannibals.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:08 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,460,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The teaser sucked, very over hyped disappointment.

I also disagreed with the best kill the Talking Dead picked for the last season. It should have been Rick biting the guy's throat out, not the women killing the Governor.

I enjoyed watching the final episode of season 4, especially since I noticed for the first time the blanket covered in what looked like human bones, especially the intact ribcages, when the group ran through Terminus while being herded into the cattle car area. Those Terminites must be cannibals.
Agree about the teaser let down as well, but, having said that, I was thrilled to have been able to reexperience the series all over again from start to finish, so much love for this show. I still cried here and there, especially on the Andrea part, even if she was a pain in the arse and some scenes I just didn't watch again, too heart breaking. But it was a great run.

Now reading for the Sunday BB marathons to hold me over till TWD returns.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:36 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I wasn't too happy with TD, some good came out of it, but mostly they were just talking over each other making wild guesses about what's to come, something I can do on my own time. I thought they were going to give us a little look into terminus, without spoiler anything major of course. Mostly just reiterated what we already knew to expect that many questions would be answered about certain people.
It would have been better if they had another showrunner or cast member on, instead of Super Fan Aisha Tyler. I like her, but it seemed pointless to have someone on who didn't have any insight about the show.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:09 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
It would have been better if they had another showrunner or cast member on, instead of Super Fan Aisha Tyler. I like her, but it seemed pointless to have someone on who didn't have any insight about the show.
Exactly my thoughts too, they'd have been better having one of us on instead of always having people on who pretend to be big followers

Old 07-07-2014, 03:40 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,460,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
So true.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Well thank God the marathons over with, now I can do laundry , my family needs clean underwear
haha! I was a total SLUG all week-end watching the marathon. I did manage to get to the grocery store and whip up a meal but that's about it.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:30 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,770 times
I actually am done with marathons. It's just become like a 'tradition' by AMC once we have MAJOR holidays = TWD marathon..

I used to watch it when they have it for 3 seasons. Coz for me the first 2 seasons are epic as is most of the series that got record famous.

When Shane died, I just got disinterested with the marathons and if they ever do marathons I just want to rewatch the Sophie is a zombie reveal episode and the Dale and Shane death episodes. The rest, eh, I don't see any worth rewatching.

In fact, my husband is starting to be disinterested with it. He did not even watch talking dead last night.

All I can say with the teaser trailer is -

I will bet $100 once the walkers walk past them, guess who goes crying like clockwork....? LOOOOOOL

Old 07-07-2014, 05:53 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,255 times
I think the Breaking Bad Marathon starts next month, I'd better start a laundry marathon going right now

Old 07-07-2014, 06:04 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,524 times
I think the part where they talked about negan was interesting. I wonder if we will be introduced to him by seasons end? heck, negans attitude alone would get the FCC to fine and stuff amc if hes allowed to talk and do what he does.

I just..ugh. I know im going to be disappointed in the negan cast. I just know they will somehow alter him enough that hes not as evil ( as in, change him more than they did to the governor) and ill be let down.

Bill on the show made me want to put a bullet in his head, but in the comics he makes me want to toss him into a pit filled of zombies. now imagine that feeling 10x because negan makes the governor look like a whiney kid compared to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV