Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 12:59 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
I would have liked to see Gareth stay a bit longer, he was good, they took him out too soon.
I am glad he is done. So many people were dreading the "fact" that they thought this whole season would be about Gareth and Terminus, and just be a rehash of the Governor and Woodbury. They even used some crafty editing to make some of us think Gareth and Rick would be cooperating against some other foe with the previews. Having him die now was a bit of an unforeseen shock and clears the way for a different storyline altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 01:14 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
So, some speculation about the preview from next week involving Beth:

She wakes up in a hospital room, with an IV, and both wrists bandaged. The actress on Talking Dead said she thought the scene was a flashback. We do know from season 2 that Beth had a history of suicidality. But in the preview, she looks out the hospital window at a city scene that shows a lot of deterioration, like the post-zombie world. I vaguely remember them talking in season two (at the farm) about her history of a suicide attempt when they were trying to stop her from attempting again, but I don't recall if it was after the zombies started, or back before, maybe after her mom died?

The city scene they showed in the preview, outside the hospital window, looks very similar (if not identical) to the city scene outside Michonne's apartment window in her dreams/flashbacks last season. So I'm wondering if the hospital scene won't end up being some sort of dream of Beth's.

When they played the preview scene, they had a voice-over of Daryl and Rick: Daryl saying he was with Beth for a while (after the fall of the prison), Rick asking if she is dead, and Daryl saying, "no she's just...gone." That was the conversation from when Rick and Daryl got reunited and Daryl saved Rick, Carl, and Michonne.

I think another poster misinterpreted this as Daryl saying that Beth is mentally "gone" but I think the poster forgot they were replaying that conversation between Daryl and Rick.

Speaking of Talking Dead, was Slash even there? They could have had a stuffed Slash mannequin sitting there for all he had to offer.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:41 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
I could be wrong about Daryl's look.. But I certainly didn't read it as the look I would expect from him if either Carol or Beth were dead.

Next weeks' epsiode I have no doubt is a flashback.. But not a long term flashback.. It's like the 'runalong' episodes in S3 with Woodbury. Two things happening at the same time and they separate them into two episodes.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:06 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,491,104 times
I suspect next week will be an all-Beth episode

Old 10-27-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Speaking of Talking Dead, was Slash even there? They could have had a stuffed Slash mannequin sitting there for all he had to offer.
But at least he didn't try to talk too much. Whenever there is a surprise guest star on the show, particularly one who's character just died - that person gets the lionshare of the comments and the other one or two guests get over shadowed.

I like the idea of Beth being back in the city again. This will give us something different to look at rather then dirt or paved one lane country roads and shacks.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:17 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
I suspect next week will be an all-Beth episode
Ugh... let's hope not.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:40 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
So, some speculation about the preview from next week involving Beth:
The kidnappers killed Beth after she sang "Yes, Jesus Loves Me" for the hundredth time while staring longingly out the car window.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
The kidnappers killed Beth after she sang "Yes, Jesus Loves Me" for the hundredth time while staring longingly out the car window.
An unbitten child-bearing capable female? Unlikely.

Maybe Beth can win over some of her harshest critics with her own episode. How many has it been since we have even seen her? And people hate her this much still?

As stupid as it is to split them up, looking back at the last episode with them all together - they almost have to to give the characters something to do or say. A lot of them only had one or two lines. Having all of them shuffling through the woods with the baby is a bit ludicrous. A group that big should only try to travel with vehicles - not kicking through the leaves and occasionally letting off with automatics.

I'm looking forward to a more closer focused episode that features just a few characters. In this case, hopefully Beth, Darryl, Carol and Morgan. The rest of them can just hang out for a day or two fortifying the church or looking for shuttle buses.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:48 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Interesting to see that Donna has essentially taken over the role that Andrea's chrarcter had in the original comic series.

Not sure if spoilers are allowed in this thread but since they are more closely following the comic series.....

So warning, spoiler about eugene the scientist.

Spoiler
For a second, I thought Eugene was going to reveal he's been lying all along when the groups were arguing in the church. I think that's going to be the season cliff-hanger.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:59 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Who is Donna?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV