Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 02:17 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,053,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Then when they did let him in the doors, why didn't they then shut the doors really quickly? No, they left them wide open so all the walkers could just pour in. That made no sense.
Because the walkers started pouring in with Gabriel. There really wasn't time to shut and seal the door back up. Even if they did, the walkers would have knocked the door down, just as they did when the walkers were trying to get back out of the church. Closing the door would have bought them a few more seconds, but then they would have had to hold the door closed, so not sure how much good that would have done. They would not have been able to continue staying at the the church, and would still have needed to make a quick escape. Better to just run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 02:24 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,451,668 times
Quote:
The one thing that annoyed me about last night's episode (which I otherwise loved) was how that idiot Gabriel sneaked out of the heavily-fortified church, then came running back with a mob of walkers trailing after him, and then Michonne and Carl actually chopped open the bar on the doors to let him in. I'd be saying "get back in the way you got out, or you're not getting in." They were perfectly safe in the church with the windows boarded up, the door barred and the outside fortifications. Walkers never even would have noticed they were in there. But in minutes, Gabriel screwed that up, but Michonne and Carl let him. He'd be more valuable as walker food.

Then when they did let him in the doors, why didn't they then shut the doors really quickly? No, they left them wide open so all the walkers could just pour in. That made no sense.

It's when the writers do stuff like this that the viewers get ticked off. We know these characters, and we know how they are likely to handle various situations. Leaving those doors wide open just didn't make any sense, and it didn't fit with the characters as we know them. Sometimes I feel like they hire a brand new writer for an episode who never watched the show, but maybe read a Wikipedia summary of the series. (Kind of like having Maggie not say a single thing about Beth being missing and leaving with Abe's group before learning of Beth's fate).
LOL. You say what I feel word for word about that priest, leaving the church, only to go back with hordes of zombies back with him. Me and my husband was like... What... the.... FFFfffffFFF! Ugh.

Well, of course I love watching hordes of zombies ALWAYS because my sexy zombies ARE the VERY reason I watched this series from day 1, but not with retarded circumstances like this, I mean really??

I mean for me the all time horde of zombie scene that really scared the bejezus out of me was, the Hershel farm attack. And the trailer camp attack where Andrea's sis was bit and died. And these scenes were from Season 1 and 2. So yeah that's saying something.

Last edited by meaning; 12-01-2014 at 02:37 PM..

Old 12-01-2014, 02:26 PM

5,539 posts, read 7,132,274 times
So now it's going to be the quest to find Michonne, Carl and baby Judith so they can waste half the next season looking for them...

Old 12-01-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
So now it's going to be the quest to find Michonne, Carl and baby Judith so they can waste half the next season looking for them...
LOL! Were you even paying attention AT ALL last night? They were there. They are ALL reunited. Glen's group's firetruck saved them from being horde of zombie meat. remember?. Actually the only one I remember seeing at the 'police' hospital is Michonne with the group, but they are ALL there.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:36 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,932,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I don't think they are missing. Did I miss something?

Old 12-01-2014, 02:38 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,809,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Because the walkers started pouring in with Gabriel. There really wasn't time to shut and seal the door back up. Even if they did, the walkers would have knocked the door down, just as they did when the walkers were trying to get back out of the church. Closing the door would have bought them a few more seconds, but then they would have had to hold the door closed, so not sure how much good that would have done. They would not have been able to continue staying at the the church, and would still have needed to make a quick escape. Better to just run.

Yeah, Gabriel held the door while Michonne and Carl (and Judith) got out under the floor. Then he lets go and starts running and the walkers piled in behind him. Then he got lucky when the first walker about to get him fell head first on the machete he had left behind.

I think the show is trying to tell us that there is a God and he is looking after Gabriel. At the end when Morgan leaves his offering at the altar he prays, but then laughs too as if he is still struggling at the absurdity of praying in a world gone to Hell.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah, Gabriel held the door while Michonne and Carl (and Judith) got out under the floor. Then he lets go and starts running and the walkers piled in behind him. Then he got lucky when the first walker about to get him fell head first on the machete he had left behind.

I think the show is trying to tell us that there is a God and he is looking after Gabriel. At the end when Morgan leaves his offering at the altar he prays, but then laughs too as if he is still struggling at the absurdity of praying in a world gone to Hell.
Actually he has the machete with him when he crawled out with Michone and Carl. Which actually made me wonder how he was able to do that with all those zombies surrounding him and the machete and knowing how 'brave' he is.

I actually don't get that scene. Why leave those things at the altar, and then laugh. My husband was like, 'oh he is still very much nuts.' LOL.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:46 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,932,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

No that was with the internal door inside the church. I was talking about the front doors to the church, when they just let them pour in, without even trying o block them or slow them down.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:56 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,809,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Actually he has the machete with him when he crawled out with Michone and Carl. Which actually made me wonder how he was able to do that with all those zombies surrounding him and the machete and knowing how 'brave' he is.

I actually don't get that scene. Why leave those things at the altar, and then laugh. My husband was like, 'oh he is still very much nuts.' LOL.
Yes you are right. But what I meant was he had left it behind the first time when he climbed out of the floor to go on his little walkabout. But yea, it is silly to think he would have even been in a position to have been able to retrieve it much less have the gumption or fortitude to do so.

Quote:
No that was with the internal door inside the church. I was talking about the front doors to the church, when they just let them pour in, without even trying o block them or slow them down.
I'll watch it again, but I think it boils down to the fact that as soon as Michonne and Carl compromise all the boards by pulling them down, they had no way to board them back up with all the pressure the Zeds put on them after letting Gabriel in. Then, once they were outside - yeah they were able to board it back up - just not as well as it had originally been done, because the Zeds had their backs turned and were further away from the front.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:57 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,167,992 times
Next episode: who will be the one to stab Beth in the head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV