Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 07:41 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I was really hoping that TWD writers would up the ante this episode by killing off a major character. It's not that I think a major character should die to create drama every episode, but I thought this would have been a good episode for it, particularly considering the Wolves build up over the latter part of Season 5. I feel like the Wolves coming in to butcher some extras was cheap. They could have at least killed Jessie but they weren't even willing to do that. There was no emotional price for viewers to pay in this episode the way there's been with past conflicts (i.e., losing Lori and T-Dawg in the same episode, losing Hershel, losing Andrea, etc.). It was cheap imo.

After Carol fought off that woman inside of the house, I was hoping for a bullet to pass straight through her noggin, similar to Leo DiCaprio's final scene in The Departed. That would have generated fan outrage, which I think would have been a good thing. The fact she gets to be an American Ninja Warrior and save the day once again seems ridiculous to me.
With Carol dressed up as a Wolf, I figured it was time for someone to mistake her identity and put a bullet through Carol. Luckily it didn't happen.

Time for a commercial break..... If you like Morgans Twisted Oak walking stick you can buy one here. I have one just like it and may need to take a few lessons in stick control. They offer with a sharp pointed metal point that would be great for killing Wolves or Walkers.

Brazos Twisted Hickory Backpacker Wood Walking Stick Hiking Trekking Pole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 08:03 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,390,264 times
Quote:
One of these characters needs to go:

Rick (we know that's not going to happen so moving on)
Carl
Carol
Daryl
Glen
Maggie
Judith

Killing Sasha, imo, wouldn't be that big of a deal. Same goes with Tara, Eugene, Rosita and Abraham. TWD needs a Red Wedding moment where you're ready to smash your TV or laptop into a thousand pieces.

Darryl is getting less screen time. It does not look good for him. I think he will be killed by "wolves".

Old 10-19-2015, 08:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Hey guys, did all of you catch the snippet of Flight whatever from FTWD on last nights episode? Check this out. Saw this news headline this morning where a guy flipped out on a flight, tried to bite people and then died. No I'm not kidding.

Report: Man dies aboard Aer Lingus flight after biting passenger

Edit to add, if they keep editing the show this way, I'm going to have to commit patricide. My dad can't follow the storyline and is driving me nuts.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:12 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,753,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Darryl is getting less screen time. It does not look good for him. I think he will be killed by "wolves".
Never. There might be a scene of him being surrounded by 50 Wolves, giving the appearance his life is "in danger," then the camera cuts away to Maggie and Glenn or whoever. Then the next shot shows Daryl riding his motorbike. They know better than to touch a hair on Daryl Dixon's precious head.

Don't get me wrong. I like Daryl. But I liked Robb Stark on GOT too and George R.R. Martin had no problems killing him off. The show will go on.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:19 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
Quote:
I get that the two episodes are concurrent. But Morgan was with Rick in the last episode. Rick kills Carter and then sends Morgan back to the ASZ. Shortly after, the horn sounds. From last night's episode, you would have thought Morgan had a 30 minute head start on Rick. The temporal dimension of these episodes doesn't seem right.
Well, yeah, it does seem unlikely that he'd get back so quickly - but he did it. Rick must have his hands full somewhere else. I guess we'll find out next episode.

Enid turning out to be a wolf seems almost too easy, but she did seem unusually calm right before the attack and did come to tell her boyfriend by before leaving. But she's also a bit more calm and put together in contrast to the bloodthirsty, cult like, almost feral wolves.

I thought for sure Carol was going to get shot by mistake too, but she knew she was the only true warrior left and that the remaining Alexandrians would mostly be unarmed or couldn't hit the broad size of a barn, especially that joke of a sniper in the tower.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:47 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,753,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Well, yeah, it does seem unlikely that he'd get back so quickly - but he did it. Rick must have his hands full somewhere else. I guess we'll find out next episode.

Enid turning out to be a wolf seems almost too easy, but she did seem unusually calm right before the attack and did come to tell her boyfriend by before leaving. But she's also a bit more calm and put together in contrast to the bloodthirsty, cult like, almost feral wolves.

I thought for sure Carol was going to get shot by mistake too, but she knew she was the only true warrior left and that the remaining Alexandrians would mostly be unarmed or couldn't hit the broad size of a barn, especially that joke of a sniper in the tower.
I'm not so surprised that Morgan made it back so quickly. I'm surprised that Rick is nowhere in sight. Morgan didn't get that large a head start on Rick. Last week's episode showed Rick rushing back to Alexandria. The only logical reason for not making it there is that they encountered walkers or some of the Wolves.

I really hope Enid isn't a scout for the Wolves because that would be really stupid. They could have destroyed Alexandria months ago. Enid could have made it inside the gates, saw that Alexandria was full of wusses, and told the Wolves to raid it all in the "months" time span before Rick made it there. I doubt the Wolves are so sophisticated that they plan out their attacks months in advance by using teenage girls as plants in ZA survivor subdivisions. Plus, it seems that the Wolves learned about Alexandria from the photos in Aaron's bag, not intelligence fed to them by Enid.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:57 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
Excellent episode last night. I really thought it was going to be a backstory let's show the "B" group of cast member, oh having a cigarette and BAM! Really enjoyed the Enid opening too, very well done.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:59 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,909,654 times
LOVED Carol in this episode. I don't see her as a "cold blooded killer" as some have posted. I see her as a pragmatic survivor who will viciously protect those she cares about.

I thought it might be significant when she and Morgan walked by each other at the end. they were not walking in opposite directions, toward each other and passing. They were walking perpendicular to each other (from how it looked to me). To me, this signified that they are not "opposites" or even on the same continuum of good/bad. They are on completely different continuums (continua?) perpendicular to each other. I was thinking back to geometry class, how you could graph Morgan's and Carol's paths and plot where they overlap and where they diverge. Or maybe just had too much wine...

But it's great how she can multitask. Take care of saving the town and killing a bunch of wolves while baking a casserole in the oven. Finishing up the killing just in time for the timer to go off.

I was stuck on that part when Enid said that Alexandria "can't be defended because there are too many blind spots...that's how we...." and then Carl cut her off.

Could she have been about to say she was with the Wolves and that's how "we" figured out how to attack the town?
Or could it just be a red herring, and she was only going to talk about how "we" would sneak out over the wall, talking about when Carl followed her and they hung out and hid in the tree trunk?

When I first saw Zoe from Nurse Jackie as the young psychiatrist I was like "oh they're trying to have an actress look like a rip-off of Zoe." Then I realized is WAS Zoe! I'm not used to seeing her so serious.

I was so disgusted by Deanna and her son. What the heck has to happen to get them to decide to fight for their lives???? No, you guys go fight, we're much more valuable to everyone out here...hiding...in this truck. Let us know when it's over.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:20 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Rick must have his hands full somewhere else. I guess we'll find out next episode.
I think it's that simple. All hell broke loose when the horn went off, and Rick, being the leader of the "herd team," is probably busy trying to direct everybody and get the walkers back on the road.

Maybe Morgan went off back to Alexandria to see about the horn. Wouldn't be surprised if next week's episode gives us a 10 second scene showing Morgan leaving to run back to town just to explain why Morgan was there but not Rick

Old 10-19-2015, 09:22 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I thought it might be significant when she and Morgan walked by each other at the end. they were not walking in opposite directions, toward each other and passing. They were walking perpendicular to each other (from how it looked to me). To me, this signified that they are not "opposites" or even on the same continuum of good/bad. They are on completely different continuums (continua?) perpendicular to each other. I was thinking back to geometry class, how you could graph Morgan's and Carol's paths and plot where they overlap and where they diverge. Or maybe just had too much wine...
That was some great imagery

Quote:
I was stuck on that part when Enid said that Alexandria "can't be defended because there are too many blind spots...that's how we...." and then Carl cut her off.

Could she have been about to say she was with the Wolves and that's how "we" figured out how to attack the town?
Or could it just be a red herring, and she was only going to talk about how "we" would sneak out over the wall, talking about when Carl followed her and they hung out and hid in the tree trunk?
I thought that too, but I really think she was referring to her and Carl sneaking in and out. Plus, I guess she must have been a hardcore survivalist before she was separated from her parents and they were killed, because even though they should her journey to Alexandria (leaving out any contact with Wolves if it did happen) there just wasn't enough there to convince me she would want to leave a safe place. Eat a turtle yeah, but just want to grab a backpack and trek out into the unknown seemed a bit unlikely for me. Need to know more about her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV