Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 09:24 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times

Advertisements

Good episode, though, personally I'm so over all the killing and mayhem, guess I'm alone in wanting the group to catch a break at this point. As plus all Rick's people survived. I really liked how the brought the time sequences together. At first I was confused, but, when the truck crashed and the horn went off everything was totally cohesive for me it was perfection in that moment. I didn't have any problem with when time line of Rick arriving on scene They had talked about him taking care of some things while Morgan and others investigate the horn issue, wasn't he Sasha and Darryl were headed away from bass so of course there would be a considerable difference in arrival times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 09:27 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
All I could think of is how nice that kitchen was during the bloody raid.
I know - granite countertops, tile backsplash, spacious island with a sink, trendy cabinet design.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:30 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
So where does TWD go from here? Each season seems to rehash similar storylines. Rick's group seems safe. An existential threat comes along. This threat is eliminated (often taking the life of a regular cast member though that didn't happen last night). I'm not sure how many more times they can recycle the Governor, Hunters, Wolves, storyline. It needs to move beyond simply fighting bad guys.

The character arcs for the regular cast seem to have completely stalled out, that is, if there was any attempt to develop an arc for the character in the first place. Rosita is a completely reactionary character; no arc whatsoever. Not even sure why she's there honestly (other than being eye candy). We don't know much about Michonne or see anything from her POV even though she's been a major character since Season 3. The extent of her character arc has been from scowling ninja woman to nice, ninja woman who smiles occasionally. You would think she'd have a little more complexity seeing how long she's been on the show now.

Carol's arc is not really believable but I'm generally OK with that. I think her American Ninja Warrior/G.I. Jane/"I'm doing it for all of the Former Housewives" thing is getting old though. Yeah, we know she's bad ass, maybe a little too badass, but are we going to see any growth in her character this season? Same question for Maggie. And Sasha for that matter. Going from happy to frightened to depressed to unstable is not my idea of character growth.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:37 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,621,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I know Maggie is the show's offical girl and a lot of the fans have a crush on Jesse these days, but I think Christian Serratos is easily the most beautiful woman I have ever seen on telelvision. Rosita is a terrific character when they give her something to do.
Lauren was the requisite hottie in Season 2, but ever since Christian showed up, she took over as the show's official babe. The show can't have enough of her and more characters need to die off so she can get more screen time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I think Enid is helping the Wolves. She even started explaining to Carl about them and how "we", and then Carl cuts her off...ugh.
It's telling because the episode was titled "JSS" which I assume are the initials of her real name. "Enid" is probably her Trojan-horse codename. Her repeated solo field trips could have been to deliver intel. The prologue before the credits depicted events that no doubt took place over weeks if not months. I estimated a huge grey area time-wise between the shot of her eating the tortoise and appearing at Alexandria's gate.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:40 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times
Ron will likely become a Wolf.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:48 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It's telling because the episode was titled "JSS" which I assume are the initials of her real name. "Enid" is probably her Trojan-horse codename. Her repeated solo field trips could have been to deliver intel. The prologue before the credits depicted events that no doubt took place over weeks if not months. I estimated a huge grey area time-wise between the shot of her eating the tortoise and appearing at Alexandria's gate.
But why would it take the Wolves so long to act on this intel? Enid arrived "months" before Rick did. She had presumably been climbing out of the compound long before Rick and Carl arrived. Her report back to the Wolves (which means they were close enough to Alexandria for her to meet them on foot) would have sounded something like this:

Wolves: Hey. What's it look like?

Enid: A bunch of chumps. They have some weak points we can exploit. Should be no problem.

So from there, we're supposed to believe the Wolves waited "months" before attacking Alexandria? That doesn't make any sense.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:49 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
JSS stands for Just Survive Somehow. It is on the note she left for Carl.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:57 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
No idea why for the repost.

PS......I'm typing on a tablet, I hate this thing changes a lot of my spellings and phrasings for the worse as if I needed help stewing up. My old PC crashed and died it's a walker now just ceunts.

Last edited by TRosa; 10-19-2015 at 10:16 AM..

Old 10-19-2015, 09:57 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But why would it take the Wolves so long to act on this intel? Enid arrived "months" before Rick did. She had presumably been climbing out of the compound long before Rick and Carl arrived. Her report back to the Wolves (which means they were close enough to Alexandria for her to meet them on foot) would have sounded something like this:

Wolves: Hey. What's it look like?

Enid: A bunch of chumps. They have some weak points we can exploit. Should be no problem.

So from there, we're supposed to believe the Wolves waited "months" before attacking Alexandria? That doesn't make any sense.
I agree -they don't exactly seem like the most patient of people, and not ones for a lot of long term planning.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:00 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I agree -they don't exactly seem like the most patient of people, and not ones for a lot of long term planning.
Not quite. They did have that elaborate trap at the truck dock. And they did teach that walker to drive a semi. Nah, I'm kidding, but that dude seemed to turn quick from what I was assuming from being shot by Deanna's son. It at least let us know how strong the walls are in order to repel that truck.

Maybe the Wolves are just a bunch of Teamsters, ex truck drivers. Seems that semis have been set pieces a lot lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV