Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 09:25 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,606,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
That was scene from year or more in the past---not the current time...
before Meg jointed the Guilty Remnant--when she was trying to find peace after her mother died...Evie was just doing her thing in town...meg and her finacee were in Jardan to see the guy who read palms....and he was the real deal even then but told her something she didn't want to hear...probably started this whole debacle she has set up...

Interesting side note...
the scene at the ranch at night where people are waiting in the open air barn with all the lights in the high rafters was done very likely at the old Fentress skating rink--open air --
Did you note all the old rolling skate boots in the room where the guy was being held???
My husband used to skate there when he was a boy...50 yrs ago...
he grew up in Luling which is not that far from Lockhart where lot of the outdoor show is filmed....
I guess the river they are using is the San Marcos...

Nice to see Betty Buckley even for just a short scene...

and I knew that was what Tommy was going to find in the barn...
Meg is crazy! 'Stone him'. Why? I mean I know criminals kill witnesses sometimes but he doesn't need to be tortured.

What did the palm reader tell her that she didn't like?

All I remember is that her mother was going to say something about the walnuts.

I hated this epi. If we were going to spend an hour on Meg, we should at least come away knowing why she is the way she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
OK--my theory about the girls--
Meg and Evie kept up correspondence after meeting in the park
Evie is not the happy girl her mom and dad think she is--obviously she had the chance to try to escape with Tom and chose to stay...although why the door was locked if they were there voluntarily might be more about protecting their being seen from outsiders than keeping them there in jail set up...

Meg plans to resurrect the girls on the anniversary day to show that SHE has the powers and put her in position to become some sort of prophet ruling over people who likely will fall into her sway...
Remember her mother said that Meg was the most ruthless person she knew because when Meg wanted something she didn't stop til she got it...

Meg (as another poster pointed out) is incapable of being happy--she was doing coke when her mom died which shows she was desparately looking for something to fill the hole in her life/soul so was UNHAPPY even before her mother's death/disappearance. She can't forgive herself and had done all this leading up to the anniversary spectacle as means to punish herself by seeing how unhappy she can make others...destroying their belief system would be a great way to make all of them as unhappy as she is...
Matt is the one who realizes that Meg's mother's death is a wound totally separate from the Disappearance--that Meg couldn't care less about that and other people's grief because it overshadows her own pain...

RE the school bus--they didn't "abduct" the bus...they stopped it, removed the driver, threw in a dud hand grenade, and locked the kids in the bus...
targeting kids is just another way to make other people feel pain...to rachet up the emotions of those trying to adjust to the Disappearance...
which she really doesn't care about....
Maybe she did that in Kevin's old town---but think Meg moves around lot more than other members of the GR...
they know about her but they don't want to really punish her because if they did it would diminish their own reputation...

John is someone who will not be intimidated by Meg or her cult--
I am predicting a blood bath when John finds out what Meg (and Evie) have done...
And Kevin. She is making formidable enemies.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
she won't kill Tommy--she wants his babies
but she is the MOST psycho person on his show--
Patty was a lamb compared to Meg...
Laurie is going to have to protect her boy...
But she said she wanted HIM to get pregnant - that's weird.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I said that too and I think Kevin will regret that action
Of course we havent seen Kevin so maybe it didn 't work, either...
Well, he was told his action will change him.........tie will tell as to the how.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I said that too and I think Kevin will regret that action
Of course we havent seen Kevin so maybe it didn 't work, either...
Well, he was told his action will change him.........time will tell as to the how.

I think what he did worked. I mean, he killed her twice. ! He will just have to endure consequences....I'm very curious to see what those are.

Too bad there is only one epi!

Old 12-01-2015, 07:00 PM

21,493 posts, read 10,609,387 times
Quote:
That was scene from year or more in the past---not the current time...
before Meg jointed the Guilty Remnant--when she was trying to find peace after her mother died...Evie was just doing her thing in town...meg and her finacee were in Jardan to see the guy who read palms....and he was the real deal even then but told her something she didn't want to hear...probably started this whole debacle she has set up...

Interesting side note...
the scene at the ranch at night where people are waiting in the open air barn with all the lights in the high rafters was done very likely at the old Fentress skating rink--open air --
Did you note all the old rolling skate boots in the room where the guy was being held???
My husband used to skate there when he was a boy...50 yrs ago...
he grew up in Luling which is not that far from Lockhart where lot of the outdoor show is filmed....
I guess the river they are using is the San Marcos...

Nice to see Betty Buckley even for just a short scene...

and I knew that was what Tommy was going to find in the barn...
I thought the river looked liked the Perdenalas. I guess a lot of rivers in the area look like that.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:06 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,364,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
But she said she wanted HIM to get pregnant - that's weird.
lol I thought I was the only one that was uncomfortable by that statement. Very weird.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:28 PM

37,313 posts, read 59,971,020 times
think of it phrased like this---
She wanted him to get PREGNANT---she wanted Tom only to get herself pregnant...
I don't remember the exact wording but when my daughter's friends are pregnant they always say "WE are pregnant"...
Personally when I was pregnant 40 yrs ago I was the only one pregnant...my husband was there and supportive but he definitely wasn't the one carrying the baby...

Re the river--
lot of rivers in Hill Country look similar because most of them are fairly narrow (compared to something like MS River) and have places where they run shallow with rocks showing...depends on season, elevation, specific location--

I just think that open-air barn was the Fentress skating rink---and I know they film the town in Lockart--that is the county seat/court house...and the San Marcos and Guadalupe rivers are closer to Lockart than the Perdenales...
could have been out at Lost Maples or up around Kerrville or Guadalupe River state park north of San Antonio...
BUT--I Googled for locations and found this article-
http://www.austinchronicle.com/scree...ife-in-austin/

and I stand corrected...

Last edited by loves2read; 12-01-2015 at 07:40 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
think of it phrased like this---
She wanted him to get PREGNANT---she wanted Tom only to get herself pregnant...
I don't remember the exact wording but when my daughter's friends are pregnant they always say "WE are pregnant"...
Personally when I was pregnant 40 yrs ago I was the only one pregnant...my husband was there and supportive but he definitely wasn't the one carrying the baby...

Re the river--
lot of rivers in Hill Country look similar because most of them are fairly narrow (compared to something like MS River) and have places where they run shallow with rocks showing...depends on season, elevation, specific location--

I just think that open-air barn was the Fentress skating rink---and I know they film the town in Lockart--that is the county seat/court house...and the San Marcos and Guadalupe rivers are closer to Lockart than the Perdenales...
could have been out at Lost Maples or up around Kerrville or Guadalupe River state park north of San Antonio...
BUT--I Googled for locations and found this article-
HBO's The Leftovers Finds New Life in Austin: The second coming - Screens - The Austin Chronicle

and I stand corrected...
Huh, I forget it's spelled Pedernales. I've always heard it pronounced Perdenales. I thought it looked like the Pedernales. The Guadalupe and San Marcos seem much greener to me...lots of trees and algae. The Pedernales looks more rocky and desert-like. The last time I saw it there was no water in places because of the extreme drought conditions.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:36 PM

About the episode...wow! I literally screamed at the tv. I did not see that coming, but now that I think about it it makes sense. The girls were laughing and joking at the river when the scientist was there to measure the water, but then they showed them being weirdly quiet on the way home, and then laughing and saying goodbye when Evie was dropped off at home. Then the running through the woods naked. I have no idea what that was about, but I think AfriqueNY said she thought something was up with those girls and it wasn't a departure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV