Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 07:58 PM

148 posts, read 263,109 times

Advertisements

Last night was the first night since Jimmy Fallon took over the Tonight Show that he was beaten in ratings by Jimmy Kimmel on Jimmy Kimmel Live. The Fallon episode was a repeat featuring Michelle Obama. I have to say as soon as we heard her name....could not reach for the remote fast enough.

I'm not trying to have a political convo (I'm really not). Frankly I never cared for Michelle O but it's not for political reasons - she just seems like a fake and mean person. Anyway, do you think that these ratings were just a coincidence or are people finally sick of seeing Michelle Obama's face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 08:11 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
1. It was a repeat.

2. Jimmy Kimmel's entire episode was about the show Scandal. It had a 'miniseries' running throughout the show, "Scandalabra" and they had some head honcho from the show that they talked to all through the episode.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:04 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Jimmy Kimmel is funny and Jimmy Fallon is a lightweight. He rests on cute.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:18 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendOfWaffles View Post
Last night was the first night since Jimmy Fallon took over the Tonight Show that he was beaten in ratings by Jimmy Kimmel on Jimmy Kimmel Live. The Fallon episode was a repeat featuring Michelle Obama. I have to say as soon as we heard her name....could not reach for the remote fast enough.

I'm not trying to have a political convo (I'm really not). Frankly I never cared for Michelle O but it's not for political reasons - she just seems like a fake and mean person. Anyway, do you think that these ratings were just a coincidence or are people finally sick of seeing Michelle Obama's face?
I watch Fallon almost every night but I never watch repeats.

There is a good reason Fallon is beating the others on late night.

But it is a big sandbox and plenty of rooms for others to play, been that way for a long time.

No reason for anybody to be upset about ratings. Your favorite will be around for a long time.

BTW yes your post is political.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:51 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
I just heard Michelle is going to guest star on Nashville.

Jeez!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:55 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,099 times
We must be watching the same program, Dale Cooper. I just heard that on Good Morning, America.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:58 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Jeez!
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
We must be watching the same program, Dale Cooper. I just heard that on Good Morning, America.
Oh dear, I so dislike the Obama's.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:36 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Jeez!
Thanks for posting. I'm usually not a fan of Nashville or night time soaps (except for Dallas), but I will definitely watch Nashville to see Michelle. Incidentally, while checking for Nashville epi, I discovered Michelle will be appearing in the season finale of Parks & Recreation which I do very much enjoy. Thanks again.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendOfWaffles View Post

1. It was a repeat.
2. It was a repeat
3. It was a repeat.
4. Certainly your post is political

Old 04-20-2014, 09:56 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
A first run beat out a rerun? I'm stunned!! Shocked, even!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV