Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 06:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Advertisements

This was interesting episode, seem short on challenges but maybe that the way it always been when 11 teams compete. Why every year it seems TAR is more 'great vacation experiences. I bet virgin island tourism will be up particularly riding a sea plane. @\
25 years ugh, I been watching every season that long. I wished they would use some of the good mental challenges like when the show began. This show is predictable in its type casting.

I did what I said and held watching the show just a bit ago. It was nice fast forwarding the commercials and no FB delay. My dvr still has TAR programed 2 hours to compensate the delays.

Compass challenge if it was me I know Im not accurate but if it gives me ball park I probably shove the shovel spike hard in a circumference from what the compass stated.

I agree with some others I do hope this season continues to be ruthless, its a million dollars, get out of my way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 07:13 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,333 times
That compass was like the kind on the dashboard of Grampa's Buick. Old School. Next season, rotary dial telephones. LOL.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:54 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
25 years ugh, I been watching every season that long. I wished they would use some of the good mental challenges like when the show began. This show is predictable in its type casting.
You mean 25 seasons, the first season of TAR was Sept 2001, 13 years ago.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
ok thanks wit nit, I feel young again, It slip my mind of the double season. I do hope alot mental challenges vs endurance.
I also think the cocky ones will be there downfall because ego over thinks. Look forward to this season,

Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
There are a lot of interesting personalities this year. I'm rooting for the Boston firefighters, but unless they get a break, they don't seem all that bright. As for the dentists, yowsers. I liked Phil's remark to the girl at the final pit stop, "Have you ever seen teeth quite like that before?" or something, and that Orbitz ding and sparkle. They don't need to be Newscaster Brilliant White...that's not normal. I wonder if they're veneers or caps or crowns rather than just over-whitened? I kind of like the scientist girls. Smart and funny. Otherwise, no one else has really jumped out at me...

Old 09-29-2014, 08:07 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
Those blondes got what they deserved! I was hoping they could stick around though and get yielded by the firefighters!

I like in no particular order:

The Firefighters from Boston
The Flight Attendants from Detroit
The Surfers
The NYC Bicyclists
The Wrestlers
The Scientists

Let's see how they all pan out.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:50 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
You mean 25 seasons, the first season of TAR was Sept 2001, 13 years ago.
I think Phil aged very well during those years, if at all.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:58 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Count me in on being happy TAR is on Friday nights now. By moving TAR to Friday I now have something different to watch from the usual Dateline/20-20 murder mysteries. Plus it won't be delayed programming due to football going overtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
Yawn. Same old bland model/actor, 20-somethings.

I miss the days when TAR had real diversity- old and young, fat and thin. Normal people who were out of shape but loved a challenge. Those were the folks I loved watching. Seeing them overcome fears and doubts made TAR that much more interesting to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
That compass was like the kind on the dashboard of Grampa's Buick. Old School. Next season, rotary dial telephones. LOL.
LoL that'll throw them off completely.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:26 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,238 times
All I kept saying was damn their teeth are super bright- remids me of that Friends episode with Ross white teeth. LOL - Surprised they made it first for a moment there I thought it was going to be the surfer girl and her bf- BTW did i see some type of flirting from one of NYC girls towards the surfer guy? that was funny. I dont know who i'm rooting for totally quite yet.. I'm from NYC so I always try to root for my hometown first - but i'm still feeling everyone out

Old 09-29-2014, 11:10 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
I tend to spend the first epi from the bottom up. Right at intro I'm thinking who's going out first? I had the Blonde Bimbos, Fire men and Team dentist as most likely to implode.

Two I had right, the other I couldn't have been more wrong on. No scenario had the Teeth showing up first, alas it did happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV