Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 11:37 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,548,269 times

Advertisements

Yes i'm sorry =( I just watched last weeks eppie on Saturday lol- Will be back to post after I have watched this weeks eppie. woo hoo!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 01:11 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,715,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
I figure the old man can sever heads so easy because he has probably done it hundreds of times, I figure something like killing vampires is just something you don't unlearn. When you want to kill them as bad as that old man... you will find the strength. If there is a will there is a way, and that old mans got will. The sword he has is probably super sharp so he doesn't have to really put strength into it, he probably just as to swing it the right way.
Looks like Abe gets some energy from the heart of his dead wife...

Old 09-30-2014, 06:11 PM

37,818 posts, read 41,126,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Looks like Abe gets some energy from the heart of his dead wife...
Did anyone watch the head of the CDC (Tom Frieden) at the news conference on the Ebola issue in Texas? The guy looks a lot like Eph, I almost fell off my chair. Don't go by his 2009 photos when he first got the job. Play the video on this page to see him facing forward:

As Ebola confirmed in U.S., CDC vows: ‘We’re stopping it in its tracks’ - The Washington Post

Old 09-30-2014, 08:48 PM

1,791 posts, read 2,391,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Ep. 12 is setting up for a final show down, I think the vampire death squad in all black is actually fighting for the guy that was just given immortal life by the master. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Sure, the show isn't the best thing in the world, but it's alright to watch for 45 mins on a Sunday.
I've read volume one of The Strain graphic novel adaptation of the book. I have a hypothesis about the vampire death squad. It could be a possible spoiler so it's hidden below.

Spoiler
There are seven master vampires in the world called "The Ancients" and they include The Master, whose name is Sardu. He is considered a rogue because he wants to come out in the open, the other six want to stay hidden from humans. Three of the Ancients stayed in Europe but the other three came to the New World. I can't recall if there were three in the vampire squad.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:02 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,763,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I've read volume one of The Strain graphic novel adaptation of the book. I have a hypothesis about the vampire death squad. It could be a possible spoiler so it's hidden below.
Thanks for sharing, that would give a cool spin on the show, although I doubt the show would turn in that direction seeing as it would space it out, and frankly, I don't see this one going for more than 2 seasons tops.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:47 PM

256 posts, read 343,752 times
Can't wait to see what happens in the season finale!

Old 10-05-2014, 11:31 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,763,929 times
Apparently the master is a daywalker. Strain...to be continued.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:11 AM

256 posts, read 343,752 times
Its interesting how the master looks so much different then the other ancients, makes me wonder what the old man also got wrong about the master (besides the daywalking)....

Old 10-06-2014, 07:51 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,391,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
Its interesting how the master looks so much different then the other ancients, makes me wonder what the old man also got wrong about the master (besides the daywalking)....
There's a reason the master is so much taller than the other ancients. I'll hide it under a spoiler cover if anyone wants to know.

Spoiler
The master used to be a 19th century Armenian nobleman when he was human and his name was Sardu. He was beloved by the children of his village because he gave them presents, but he had a medical condition (gigantism) that made him nine feet tall and this caused his father to be ashamed of him. He was changed into a vampire one night while out hunting with other men, who were all slaughtered.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:11 AM

5,652 posts, read 7,007,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Apparently the master is a daywalker. Strain...to be continued.
Maybe he uses sunblock.

Obviously he doesn't like sunlight - he's in agony while in it. It just doesn't kill him, so "daywalker" is being a bit generous.

Anyway, Abe talks too much before he's going to lop off a head. That gave The Master an opportunity to escape. I'd suggest Abe follow Tuco's advice from the The Good, The Bad and The Ugly... "When you're going to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV