Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 09:37 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,634,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
I figure the old man can sever heads so easy because he has probably done it hundreds of times, I figure something like killing vampires is just something you don't unlearn. When you want to kill them as bad as that old man... you will find the strength. If there is a will there is a way, and that old mans got will. The sword he has is probably super sharp so he doesn't have to really put strength into it, he probably just as to swing it the right way.
Is it possible that the vampire's physiology has changed radically since they were human? Silver is a very soft metal, and would no doubt be bent with a single blow.

I actually don't think it is possible to lop off a persons head from a standing position. My understanding is that even with the person poised in an execution style position (face down on a block) the executioner would often have trouble taking the head completely off with just a sword. As a further punishment executioners were instructed to use a sword instead of an axe as it would take several strokes.

A guillotine blade was nearly 90 pounds, and it dropped 14 feet reaching a speed of 14 mph. That is considerably more force than any human being of any age could exert with a sword.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 09:44 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,849,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
There's a reason the master is so much taller than the other ancients. I'll hide it under a spoiler cover if anyone wants to know.
That may explain why he's so tall, but how did he get that monster face?
He doesn't look like any of the other Vampires.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:52 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,387,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
That may explain why he's so tall, but how did he get that monster face?
He doesn't look like any of the other Vampires.
I thought they looked similar in the face. They seem to all have that nosferatu look.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:22 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,214,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Maybe he uses sunblock.
Some SPF 45 and a better Hooded sweatshirt and he would be invincible. The giant was right in front of that flashy ball thing when it went off a couple episodes ago, it killed all the vambies, but didn't hurt the giant, so you would think that would have been a clue to Dr. Dimwit and Posse. Why didn't they just get some more battery powered UV lights? UV lights for the win! doh! Sure just throw the Secretary of Human Services off the Balcony that's the ticket, she is obviously the only person that sees there an epidemic, no one else in an agency of thousands could know the details of what has been going on. And that 2nd in charge guy, i guess there is just no chance he just told them what they wanted to hear so that they didn't kill, there is no way he could turn around an call for an emergency now. It isn't like they would have security cameras in a government buiilding, and there would be an investigation.

Last edited by Robert5; 10-06-2014 at 07:33 PM..

Old 10-07-2014, 11:06 AM

4,717 posts, read 5,974,779 times
yes, it does seem pretty strange - the guy just walks into the director of Health & Human Services' office and throws her off the balcony. Really? Two civilians and nobody stopped them on their way in? No video cameras in effect? Nobody with a smartphone in a nearby building watching him toss her over the edge and filming it?

And, yes, after the UV lights had such a great effect in the previous episode, why not stop somewhere and get more before you go charging into The Master's new lair? Small UV flashlights are at Wal-Mart, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sears, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. If nobody knows much about the vampires, there probably hasn't been a run on UV light products. (just saw a UV flashlight at the Wal Mart website for $12.69 that supposedly lasts for 7 hours. That's practically the entire length of the night... maybe it won't work on The Master, but it certainly did the job on everybody else.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:14 PM

17,645 posts, read 22,683,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
yes, it does seem pretty strange - the guy just walks into the director of Health & Human Services' office and throws her off the balcony. Really? Two civilians and nobody stopped them on their way in? No video cameras in effect? Nobody with a smartphone in a nearby building watching him toss her over the edge and filming it?

And, yes, after the UV lights had such a great effect in the previous episode, why not stop somewhere and get more before you go charging into The Master's new lair? Small UV flashlights are at Wal-Mart, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sears, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. If nobody knows much about the vampires, there probably hasn't been a run on UV light products. (just saw a UV flashlight at the Wal Mart website for $12.69 that supposedly lasts for 7 hours. That's practically the entire length of the night... maybe it won't work on The Master, but it certainly did the job on everybody else.
Some people just don't have any Manners.....heehee...

Old 10-25-2014, 10:54 PM

828 posts, read 910,395 times
I am halfway through Season 1.

What I know for sure is I dislike the Holocaust angle. It just feels like exploitation.

The other part about is, how come the vampire master didn't take over the entire camp? Maybe they will answer this question in later episodes, but if they don't, that is some serious ball-dropping and takes credibility from the story.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:56 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,546,923 times
Was this renewed? I enjoyed this season.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:30 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,045,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
Was this renewed? I enjoyed this season.
Yes, coming back in 2015.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:38 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,546,923 times
Woo Hoo!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV