Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:53 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times

Advertisements

Just read today that the two in the running are going to be Arie from Emily's season and Chris from Andi's season ....

If it's Arie, I'll watch (so cute!)
Arie Luyendyk Jr., Farmer Chris Soules Being Considered for ABC's Next 'Bachelor:' Details | Story | Wonderwall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 12:27 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Yup, here it is from Reality Steve:

In case you hadn’t seen, Arie wrote a guest blog for Sean Lowe’s blog, which was basically a self promotion to be the next “Bachelor.” He wants it BAD. He’s always wanted it, despite what he’s said in the past. I mean, if you believe this load of crap I’ve got some land to sell you. You think Arie would’ve used Sean if he wasn’t up for the next “Bachelor?” Of course not. This is strictly him going to “friends” and asking if they’ll help out. But I’m supposed to believe that because he met some Cracker Barrel waitress and a Baptist minister he’s a changed man? Please. That column is never written if he wasn’t up for the “Bachelor” gig. We all know that. It’s damage control trying to repair his image and I don’t buy a word of it. Imagine if he gets passed over AGAIN for the lead role? Put it this way, if you have to tell people you’re a changed man because you talked to some waitress, you’re not a changed man. This whole column is about as insincere as you can get and was completely done as a means to an end. Laughable.

As for the next “Bachelor” announcement, from the very beginning I’ve said I don’t think we’re going to get it until the “Bachelor in Paradise” finale, and it’s looking more and more like that. I’m sure it be spoiled before then, but I’m talking about the “official” ABC announcement on who it is. There are no other candidates besides Chris and Arie. No matter what Mike Fleiss tweets, or anything else you hear on social media, they are decided between those two. Marquel was never in the running, and neither was/is Nick. It was always Chris, they added Arie for God knows what reason, and that’s who it’s between. Don’t expect an official announcement this month. But do expect it to be spoiled.
Read more at Bachelor In Paradise – Episode 1 Recap, Ratings | Reality Steve

Old 08-06-2014, 08:28 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times
What did Arie do that has Reality Steve so down on him? I always thought he was really cute.

I'd date him

Old 08-06-2014, 03:20 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
What did Arie do that has Reality Steve so down on him? I always thought he was really cute.

I'd date him
Arie has dated a lot of girls from other Bachelor seasons, so he just comes across as a womanizer. He dated Courtney shortly after she broke off her engagement to Ben, or maybe while they were still engaged. I don't remember.

I think he'd be a better Bachelor then farmer Chris. He definitely has a lot more personality, although I don't really find him all that attractive (but then neither is Chris). I don't really care that he's not really the type to settle down and get married anytime soon, its not like very many relationships actually last from the franchise. So why not have someone who could make the show fun and entertaining?

Old 08-27-2014, 02:51 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
It's Chris.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:43 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
So, this will be interesting. Or not.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:34 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even care that he's not cute, he was just so BORING! Maybe he will surprise us as a bachelor, and we'll love him.

Last edited by Jess5; 08-27-2014 at 09:49 PM..

Old 08-28-2014, 12:57 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
I can't wait to see how they cast these women. 25 TV fame wh***s who don't give a darn about him but just want their 15 minutes of camera time so they can go on to the next Bachelor in Paradise, or 25 truly down-to-earth girls who would love to live on a farm in Iowa for the rest of their lives. I hope Chris is making a ton of money off this experience, because I find it hard to believe he'll really find a wife....yes, call me cynical.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:59 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Watch all 25 girls be from Iowa. Chris will say,"Well, this sure is a coincidence." and Chris H. saying "Well Chris, these are the only girls who applied." I'm just kidding. Chris was a nice guy, but I'm curious as to which type girls they will cast also. Maybe half and half.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:28 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even care that he's not cute, he was just so BORING! Maybe he will surprise us as a bachelor, and we'll love him.
Yup.... What were they thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV