Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 09:19 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Nothing. I quit Netflix last night because I wanted to change my payment due date, and they can't, or won't, just do that. You have to quit and then sign up again on the desired new date.

But as a result of quitting, I feel a sense of freedom. I watch a lot of what's on Netflix only because I feel obligated to do so because I'm paying for it. But I probably only enjoy 10% of what I watch. I signed up again in December to watch You, which I did like, and then kept my subscription for awhile to watch the Darren Criss as Andrew Cunanan series, which I realized I hated after the third episode (I'm a person who can't watch Criminal Minds). Long story short: no Netflix, no regrets.
I can’t watch Criminal Minds either (or anything in that genre). Also thinking of cancelling Netflix because the auto preview makes browsing intolerable! Besides, then I could resubscribe to Britbox .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 11:40 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Also thinking of cancelling Netflix because the auto preview makes browsing intolerable!
You know you can turn off the sound, don't you? Just click the speaker icon, IIRC, and get an "X." You won't hear the sound again until you click it back on. You can't do anything about the video portion, but at least the obnoxious sound goes away.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:42 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,148,203 times
I just finished watching the first season of Ozark last night. Great series!

Old 01-30-2019, 09:12 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
You know you can turn off the sound, don't you? Just click the speaker icon, IIRC, and get an "X." You won't hear the sound again until you click it back on. You can't do anything about the video portion, but at least the obnoxious sound goes away.
It's not the sound. It's the fact it freezes because it's loading the preview instead of advancing to the next icon I've clicked on. Thanks tho.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:56 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
Just finished the Ted Bundy Tapes. Very well done special. I remember first learning about the story in HS Psych class and revisiting this years later it's kind of interesting now knowing more about mental illness topics and what the current political climate was in that era (growth of feminism and women being more independent etc). It's also fascinating how far we've come with technology and controls with our justice system and how much we lacked of this when Bundy was able to trek across the country and put on that circus in court.

Also finished Fyre. Enjoyed it and love how everyone's joked about it on twitter.
I just watched the same two shows. I thought I knew most of the pertinent facts about Ted Bundy because I have read books about him, but this show really delved deep. I made the mistake of Googling some of the victims as I was watching and it got to be a bit too much for me. I regretted it after looking up the 12 year old victim, especially. What an exceptionally sadistic person he was. You're so right about the technology, too. I'd like to think he would have been apprehended much, much sooner today.

I just watched Fyre yesterday. I kept thinking, "This has to be a parody, right?!" What a convoluted mess. Andy King talking about what he would do to get that Evian water just made me bark-laugh. Take one for the team, Buddy!

Old 01-30-2019, 11:33 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Nothing. I quit Netflix last night because I wanted to change my payment due date, and they can't, or won't, just do that. You have to quit and then sign up again on the desired new date.

But as a result of quitting, I feel a sense of freedom. I watch a lot of what's on Netflix only because I feel obligated to do so because I'm paying for it. But I probably only enjoy 10% of what I watch. I signed up again in December to watch You, which I did like, and then kept my subscription for awhile to watch the Darren Criss as Andrew Cunanan series, which I realized I hated after the third episode (I'm a person who can't watch Criminal Minds). Long story short: no Netflix, no regrets.
I understand perfectly about turning off netflix because you feel a need to watch shows just because you're paying for it even though there's really not much that appeals especially after you've watched all you really wanted to. This is why I now just wait till many of my regular series return and then I will turn my service back on, I'm thinking I'll turn it back on either this Feb or March after I've exhausted all my viewing pleasurable shows off I'll turn it and continue watching my Amazon series. Call me cheap, but, I don't see the point in paying when I'm not making use of it for months on end. I'm sure at some point they'll put an end to me being able to do this, but for now, it's my thing to do at least once a year.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:27 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm watching the limited mini series You, based upon the book, which I just read, but enough differences to keep it entertaining.
Is it a limited mini series??? I'm loving that show!

Old 01-30-2019, 03:31 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Is it a limited mini series??? I'm loving that show!
Well, I assumed because I am almost to the last episode and it is the same point towards where the book ended.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-30-2019, 03:34 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, I assumed because I am almost to the last episode and it is the same point towards where the book ended.
I just looked and it is coming back. Joe evidently is moving to LA for a fresh start and someone new to stalk.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:47 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,301 times
Bodyguard was very good...hope there’s a season 2. We just finished season 2 of The Punisher and liked that, now looking for something else. I was just reading that Happy Valley is an under rated Netflix show so we’ll probably give that a try tonight.

Not Netflix but my favorite show right now is Killing Eve. It got renewed for a second season before the first season was even over. It’s about a cute, happy, perky psychopath and the woman hunting her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV