Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2024, 04:31 PM

1,033 posts, read 1,335,137 times

Advertisements

That's the Jeopardy Masters tournament in prime time. It's not the regular game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2024, 04:30 PM

1,289 posts, read 669,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I have not watched Jeopardy in a while (in the middle of moving from NY to SC). When I
turned it on today, I was surprised to see a lot of the old players: one show had James, Matt and
a new girl who was fabulous. The very next show had Amy, Mattea and someone who I remember
losing and belligerently complaining to the news outlets that Jeopardy was "prejudiced" against Indians
and that he had really won.

What has happened to James? He was unbeatable before. Why was someone who had lost on
a regular show invited back to a tournament?

Anyway, it was nice to see some of the old players. Are these repeats? Will James have to only play
the new lady? She really is fantastic. I know some people like the "regular" Jeopardy shows better,
but I was glad to see some of those old players whom I have grown to care about. and I will start
watching again.
I agree that Victoria Groce is fabulous! May even be smarter than James (and I thought no one so far was smarter than him). She was originally on Jeopardy in 2005 in which she defeated David Madden.

She was on the Jeopardy Invitational Tournament (JIT) and joined "The Chase" in 2022 along with James and others being nicknamed "The Queen".

As of now Victoria is in 1st place, Yogesh Raut in 2nd, and James in 3rd. Tonight is another tournament.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:57 AM

9,958 posts, read 7,333,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
I agree that Victoria Groce is fabulous! May even be smarter than James (and I thought no one so far was smarter than him). She was originally on Jeopardy in 2005 in which she defeated David Madden.

She was on the Jeopardy Invitational Tournament (JIT) and joined "The Chase" in 2022 along with James and others being nicknamed "The Queen".

As of now Victoria is in 1st place, Yogesh Raut in 2nd, and James in 3rd. Tonight is another tournament.
Watching last night's episode where she played against Amy and Matea was wild. She has great buzzer control and was clicking in before either of the other two on most questions. There were even some parts where Amy and Matea were furiously hitting the buzzer and Victoria was calm and cool.

Old 05-16-2024, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Watching last night's episode where she played against Amy and Matea was wild. She has great buzzer control and was clicking in before either of the other two on most questions. There were even some parts where Amy and Matea were furiously hitting the buzzer and Victoria was calm and cool.
Yes, it was a good episode. Victoria is really smart and appears very calm. I noticed Amy trying to click her buzzer and getting frustrated.

Next episode is tomorrow night I believe for the semi-finals.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:07 AM

8,826 posts, read 21,340,256 times

What happened with this one? We had a tornado watch and the entire show
was canceled. And we don't even HAVE tornadoes here.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-17-2024, 12:29 PM

23,036 posts, read 34,473,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

What happened with this one? We had a tornado watch and the entire show
was canceled. And we don't even HAVE tornadoes here.
It's tonight

Old 05-17-2024, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It's tonight
Yes, I should have wrote Friday night.

Old 05-20-2024, 01:44 PM

25,604 posts, read 56,650,476 times
From what I've read, Victoria takes trivia seriously- been making a career of it for a long time. She's a likable woman. I give the Masters win to her - or Yogesh only if he gets lucky on the DDs. Don't like him, but it is what it is. James will be third. He taught everyone how to play the game, but I don't think he's put in enough behind-the-scenes effort to win this. Amy is not a match for any of them.

Old 05-21-2024, 06:10 AM

23,036 posts, read 34,473,780 times
Why is the current champion sitting in a chair?

Old 05-21-2024, 07:41 AM

645 posts, read 415,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Why is the current champion sitting in a chair?
Apparently he has back pain and can't stand in one position very long. In his job as grocery clerk he is able to walk around so it's not a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV