Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 04:50 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

These are some of the sitcoms from the 70's that has never been in syndication and has yet to be on Digital TV.

Chico and the Man

The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Eight is Enough

Here's Lucy

Love American Style

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

Nanny and the Professor

The New Dick Van Dyke Show

The Tony Randall Show

Did you enjoy watching any of these shows from the 1970-79 era? I saw pieces of Chico and The Man a few years ago but never saw any of the other shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 04:56 PM

5,477 posts, read 6,300,839 times
The only ones in that list that I remember are "Eight Is Enough", which was pretty bad, and Love American Style", which was really, really funny. I absolutely love the original "Dick Van Dyke" show, it was hilarious, and Laura Petrie was SO pretty, but I don't remember the "New Dick Van Dyke Show" at all.

Here's my favorite skit from "Love American Style", with Ann B. Davis and John McGiver. Imagine, Alice smoking pot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8sRKe8TuA

Old 05-03-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
The only ones in that list that I remember are "Eight Is Enough", which was pretty bad, and Love American Style", which was really, really funny. I absolutely love the original "Dick Van Dyke" show, it was hilarious, and Laura Petrie was SO pretty, but I don't remember the "New Dick Van Dyke Show" at all.

Here's my favorite skit from "Love American Style", with Ann B. Davis and John McGiver. Imagine, Alice smoking pot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8sRKe8TuA

Ok I see Me-TV did have Love American Style on their schedule at some point in the past. Had no idea Ann B. Davis starred on another 70's sitcom besides the Brady Bunch.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:20 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Ok I see Me-TV did have Love American Style on their schedule at some point in the past. Had no idea Ann B. Davis starred on another 70's sitcom besides the Brady Bunch.
Ann B. Davis was probably just one of that week's "guest star". I don't remember her in anything after Brady Bunch.

I liked Nanny and the Professor, Love American Style, Courtship of Eddie's Father and Eight is Enough. I was young.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Ann B. Davis was probably just one of that week's "guest star". I don't remember her in anything after Brady Bunch.

I liked Nanny and the Professor, Love American Style, Courtship of Eddie's Father and Eight is Enough. I was young.
Most of the things she starred in after the Brady Bunch was all Brady Bunch related all the way up to 1995.

Brady Bunch Variety Hour
Brady Brides
The Bradys
Brady Bunch Movie

Old 05-03-2015, 05:55 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,700,672 times
Here's Lucy is currently on Antenna TV.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Here's Lucy is currently on Antenna TV.

Does it come on during the week or on the weekends?

Old 05-03-2015, 06:38 PM

7,080 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Love American Style (theme music by The Cowsills) and Chico and the Man were fairly funny, the best forgotten sitcoms of the 70s were Hot L Baltimore, Soap, Carter Country and All That Glitters.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Love American Style (theme music by The Cowsills) and Chico and the Man were fairly funny, the best forgotten sitcoms of the 70s were Hot L Baltimore, Soap, Carter Country and All That Glitters.
I remember reading the woman who played Mrs Garrett in Facts of Life was part of the show Hot L Baltimore.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:13 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,762 times
Haven't seen the Love Boat or remember Family with Willie Aames and Season Hubley? I was just thinking about some shows the other day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV