Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2015, 12:29 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,601,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Well, the girls' alliance picking off the men would be pretty funny....I'm always up for a good takeover by the women. Except....I don't love these women. I like Jeremy, I like Spencer, and I'd like to see them with Tasha in the F3. (BTW, I hate F3's....part of the fun of a F2 is seeing the angst of the final immunity winner in choosing who to take with them to F2...and whether they choose correctly.) I still don't think Keith has any game other than being strong in challenges...otherwise, he just rolls along with everyone else's ideas and doesn't rock the boat. I really can't see Tasha buying into the girls' alliance when she's so tight with Jeremy.

Agree with this completely!

But, who cares about the college grad thing. Lots of idiots are college grads. Lots of brilliant people aren't. And vice versa. Can we give this a rest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 11:28 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
Yeah, just look at our various presidents. =p

I also dislike the final 3. It needs to go back to final 2. 3 just allows a hanger on to sit there and waste time and space. A floater gets to the end with 3 and that's not good.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:29 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
On the last episode they played up the final 3 pact of Jeremy, Spencer and Tasha. I do think it may well end up that way. There was a boot list on another forum way back at the beginning of the season that had this pegged and seems to be going that way. I have no way of knowing of course if it will come to actually be this...but edits are usually a pretty good idea. The edit of Kelly Wentworth wasnt as a good last episode.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:51 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,054 times
No one else thought Joe and his father were a bit odd together? I don't know what it was, but their whole relationship just weirded me out.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:31 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
No one else thought Joe and his father were a bit odd together? I don't know what it was, but their whole relationship just weirded me out.
No, you're not, the only one.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:09 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
Quote:
Wife, who had a great relationship with her father, thought it was weird and made appalling comments. Usually she's the one having to shame me for saying outrageous things to TV shows. I, whose relationship with my father can be summed up by the time I felt it necessary to threaten him with very protracted bad outcomes should he continue in the path of domestic violence, thought it was fantastic that they were so affectionate. Watching it, with the experience marred somewhat by my wife's momentary crudity, I never would have thought I'd come on here and find a number of people who found it as odd as she did.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:35 PM

537 posts, read 768,910 times
Was it the mouth kisses? A lot of people kiss their parents on the mouth. I actually thought it was fine myself, as someone who kisses her parents on the mouth. I also thought the affection was cute.

Notice I said "on" not "in". There's a difference. LOL

Old 12-06-2015, 04:37 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
No, you're not, the only one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Wife, who had a great relationship with her father, thought it was weird and made appalling comments. Usually she's the one having to shame me for saying outrageous things to TV shows. I, whose relationship with my father can be summed up by the time I felt it necessary to threaten him with very protracted bad outcomes should he continue in the path of domestic violence, thought it was fantastic that they were so affectionate. Watching it, with the experience marred somewhat by my wife's momentary crudity, I never would have thought I'd come on here and find a number of people who found it as odd as she did.

too many lip locks for my taste. Odd!!!

Old 12-06-2015, 06:00 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,994 times
Definitely not the norm. Kirk Douglas does that with his kids. I was a little shocked to see him kiss Michael Douglas on the lips at some awards show on TV.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:16 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
I remember how surprised I was when I first saw this picture many years ago of Lyndon Johnson kissing his father:

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...AeIQMwgbKAAwAA

I guess it's cultural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV