Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 08:06 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,834,581 times

Advertisements

And another one bites the dust. I hope that guy is okay. He could have really hurt himself badly in that fall.

Ten days, three medi-vacs and still no shelter, little water and not much to eat except the odd coconut and the few limpets that they are scraping off of the rocks. Without the rescues, there would be three dead or badly injured. I'd suggest that this might be the case for modern man against nature in an environment like the island with little to no assistance.

If it's scripted and I'm not discounting that it is, it sure is one brutal script with most of the guys having to hold up their shorts from losing weight. Being a person that has dieted extensively and practically starved for two years to remain unnaturally thin, those guys' food fixations and fantasies are right on. Some of them may acquire a weight problem subsequently once food is available again in unlimited quantities.

For now it is an interesting view into group dynamics and the mindset of the "fittest".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 08:46 PM

So I must be the only person watching this. The story that the Iraq veteran just told was heart breaking about his infant daughter born with dire problems and after about a month in the NICU, died. Though people knew and they had a funeral, no one came. Very sad.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:39 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
That was very sad. While I personally see leaving as quitting, he left for a pretty good reason.

The last 10 minutes had me cracking up. I can't imagine how embarrassed that guy is!!

Old 06-22-2015, 10:49 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
I'm watching, too. Interesting to see how they all are coping!

When the pig showed up I felt pretty sure that it had been planted in the right place at the rigt time by production. If not, that sure was good luck!

AK, why on earth did you starve yourself for a few years???

The "Doc" is sure coming in handy for cutting things up, in addition to helping with medical problems. Plus, he's excellent eye candy!

Old 06-23-2015, 07:45 AM

Yep there are a few lookers on this show. I like the sensitive blue eyed camera man. Very much my type. Is that why I watch? Hummmm....

Starvation: I wanted to be slender which in my family is the Holy Grail. I fought hard against body type (square peasant stock) and managed to weigh 116 at 5'6". I remember days at a time eating nothing but an apple, a couple of crackers, plain lettuce with vinegars or lemon juice, celery and diet soda or coffee or a bag of popcorn, or a frozen burrito with low cal veggies instead of the apple and crackers. My caloric load was consistently below 600 calories a day with a few days at roughly 1200 for social occasions. Some days I ate nothing at all. I also ran 12 miles a week or biked 20. I gave up of course and accepted my genetic legacy but I do have a really good idea of what starvation is like. It's a wonder that I didn't do permanent harm. I lived like that for about 2 years to fit into the early 80s version of a size 6 which today is a size 0. I was probably anorexic to a small degree. Stupid really. Ironically during this time I'd obsess over and dream about food just like the guys on this show.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:40 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Did anyone watch the finale last night? All in all pretty boring show. Amazing what they did. However 100% think the pig was planted!

Old 07-07-2015, 08:45 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Did anyone watch the finale last night? All in all pretty boring show. Amazing what they did. However 100% think the pig was planted!

I can never recover the wasted time from watching each episode!!!

Old 07-07-2015, 10:08 PM

922 posts, read 1,149,281 times
Watched the first episode and last part of the finale...... glad I didn't waste my time with this horrible show.

Bear needs to grow a pair and do a survival show where he actually survives outdoors not in 5 star hotel rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV