Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 08:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times

Advertisements

Boooooooooooooooo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 08:30 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,725,025 times
Alex's freestyle was so freaking awesome!!

Old 11-23-2015, 09:03 PM

551 posts, read 583,272 times
I thought for sure
Spoiler
Nick
was going out tonight. But
Spoiler
Carlos
was a good sport about it.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:24 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,736,186 times
First of all, I loved Bindi's free style. (And I hate giving Derek props.) I always complain about the large over-the-top performances. I'm not sure when the whole 'group dance=freestyle' movement started, but when I think back to my favorite freestyles, Cheryl comes to mind- Drew (Ride a Horse, Save a Cowboy), William Levy (a tango), Gilles (80s pop- Flashdance song maybe?). All of them done without other dancers. Having other dancers was a big thing reserved for special styles/dances/nights once upon a time. I wish they'd go back to that. Rant over.

Anyway, Bindi. I loved everything about this dance. I loved the white curtains and the wardrobe choices. I loved the dance. I was crying mid-way before it even became really emotional. Ugh. Perfect, in my opinion. I think that dance won her the mirror ball.

I've wanted Nick to win, mainly because I didn't want Derek to win. I know Bindi annoys people, but as a former teacher, I wish kids would look to her as a role model instead of pop stars like Miley Cyrus, Arianna Grande, Rhianna, etc... If I had more 'Bindis" instead of "Mileys", I'd still be teaching.....

Old 11-23-2015, 09:28 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
I thought for sure
Spoiler
Nick
was going out tonight...

I did too. And I still think we may be in for a surprise tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:20 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Tonight's elimination was a surprise.

Spoiler
Sorry to see Carlos go. I thought he could win it all.

And let me add that I cant remember the last time the final freestyle dances didnt all get perfect scores. It's pretty much a given that, unless a star falls flat on his/her face, he/she will get a 30.
OK, yes I was wrong above when I conjectured that Bindi might be given a bit lower scores tonight to keep it interesting. Yeah, I guess you're right, they do give perfect scores but I thought that would be for tomorrow night's dance.

Alek did not tonight and never has deserved 10's. I respect him for what he's done, and he's done an adequate job with his dancing, but he leveled off and never really got any better. There was no way that freestyle was top-notch dancing -- it was marching, climbing and some lifts. Definitely the wrong person went home tonight. I was about to give (that person) all my votes tonight.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:36 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times
I really thought Alek would go home tonight too. I've always posted that I dont believe the judges' scores and votes mean anything -- that the producers decide, from the get-go, who will win.

Obviously the producers think having Alek on is good publicity but I doubt he'll win. I thought Carlos might go all the way and was sorry to see him leave. I still wonder if we might be surprised tomorrow night but I just dont see Nick winning.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:59 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,480 times
Quote:
I really thought Alek would go home tonight too. I've always posted that I dont believe the judges' scores and votes mean anything -- that the producers decide, from the get-go, who will win.

Obviously the producers think having Alek on is good publicity but I doubt he'll win. I thought Carlos might go all the way and was sorry to see him leave. I still wonder if we might be surprised tomorrow night but I just dont see Nick winning.
I agree that Alek should've went home tonight. I enjoyed his freestyle, but its pretty clear that he's at least a couple of levels below everyone else in dancing ability. And I really don't think the show is rigged where the winner has been chosen from the get go. Until there is clear proof of that I will continue to believe that the show is legit because it would really suck if it was indeed rigged.

And as for Carlos going all the way to win it, as much as he's improved throughout the show, I don't know if I ever thought he could win it all with him having to compete with Bindi. After the first couple of weeks where we saw that she could dance so well, I think since then its always been Bindi's to lose. But time and again she's shown us that as good as she was early on, that she could get even better and as I said above, Derek is the perfect pro for her because of his ability to create great dances for her. Every challenging routine Derek has given her, she's risen to the occasion and pulled them off so amazingly well both technically and emotionally.

So again unless something shocking happens, I can't imagine anyone but Bindi winning. Alek sure as hell isn't going to win and Nick even at his best is still at least a level or two below Bindi in my eyes. So unless viewer voting is massively in Nick's favor which I doubt, Bindi is your new DWTS champion as anti-climatic as that might be.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:54 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:

I agree with you, I think the winner is decided before the show even starts.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:20 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
I thought it would be between Bindi and Carlos for the mirror ball, Alek shouldn't even have made it to the finals, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV