Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:37 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times

Advertisements

I wish they would at least make a TV movie to wrap it up with a plot that they had in mind from the beginning. I want to see where it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 12:00 PM

10,069 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Ugh, bummed it's cancelled.

One of the few shows I really have gotten into the past year or so. Great story and good acting.

Hope another network picks it up.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:07 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
If that was the series finale it was the worst in the history of television.
cough cough LOST cough cough Castle

Old 07-27-2018, 03:35 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
At least with "Castle" you knew why it ended the way it did

Old 07-27-2018, 03:39 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
I agree Lost had the worst ending EVER!! I have yet to watch the (Colony) series finales, I'll probably catch it over the weekend.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:56 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,550 times
Sorry to see this end. Some of my thoughts:

Snyder has really grown on me. I kind of despised him in S1, but he has really shown some depth. He is very adept at seeing (and playing) all angles, making the most of the hand he is dealt, and manipulating people into going along with him, even when they know they are being manipulated. A lot of layers and depth to his character and personality. He has probably become my favorite character (favorite to watch...he's pretty despicable as a person).

Broussard is probably my second favorite. He started as a one trick pony, but every now and then we get to see another side of him slip through a crack in the tough stoic exterior.

Amy is kind of the opposite. Frequently portrayed as weak and unsure, but continually surprising with displays of strength and insight when least expected. She has (or I guess "had" now) much potential.

Bram has actually been allowed to develop significantly in this season. His arc in the last half of S3 has been much more satisfying than the labor camp story line from S2

I think Will and Kate are probably the least interesting characters to me now. Kate continues to walk around with an attitude of entitlement that everyone should cater to her when she has shown over and over that she doesn't know what she is doing, and I'm really tired of her "If you don't do things the way I want you don't care about me or our family" she keeps pulling with Will. And Will has been bouncing back and forth between resolution/certainty and waffling over what to do almost to the point of paralysis.

I'd really like to find out more about the new aliens. Guess that won't ever happen.

Last edited by Joey2k; 07-29-2018 at 08:46 PM..

Old 07-30-2018, 07:18 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Sorry to see this end. Some of my thoughts:
<snip>
I'd really like to find out more about the new aliens. Guess that won't ever happen.
Great comments. I agree with pretty much all of your observations.

It is a shame that viewership seemed to drop to the point USA couldn't renew it. I know a fair number of people who watch it, and they all enjoyed it. S3 was the strongest season, and as you say, S4 had the potential to be really interesting.

I disliked the Kate character almost from the beginning. The way she was played (and I assume written) just made her an unlikable person--whiny, entitled (good word), she always had that "my family is first, so nothing else matters" POV.

I'll miss this one.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:01 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Am I crazy, or does this movie look like it has the exact same premise as COLONY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=i68xCzI406A

Old 12-12-2018, 05:50 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Agreed.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:53 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times
I hope Netflix picks it up, but without Carleton Cruse writing it wouldn’t be the same. It has been said that CC rarely finishes a plot line and endings are disappointing. So maybe it would be better without him.

The role of Kate was not very well created. She vacillated whenever they needed angst for angst sake without any connection to the plot. I really liked season 3, even better than 1or 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV