Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 05:44 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times

Advertisements

I agree that two hours is a very long show, no matter how they handle it. Still, I enjoy seeing the huge changes in the contestants -- both physical and emotional. And this season, I don't really have a real favorite. I kind of like them all. I guess maybe Colby or Stephen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 08:02 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,217,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree that two hours is a very long show, no matter how they handle it. Still, I enjoy seeing the huge the changes in contestants -- both physical and emotional. And this season, I don't really have a real favorite. I kind of like them all. I guess maybe Colby or Stephen.
This is what has kept me hooked over the years. Some of the bigger guys have lost enough to equal a whole person.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:23 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
"Erin" is the name of the contestant from The Voice.

I watched last week for the first time this season, but I doubt I'll tune in, again. It really didn't hold my interest, even with two weigh-ins. I think the hour format works better. I don't care for Bob as a host.

The show has probably run its course.
Yeah, it's definitely jumped the shark. I really hate how they weave commercials into the show, "hey Bob, what are you making us? Is that tacos made with Jennie O turkey?"

Old 02-16-2016, 12:10 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,990,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Yeah, it's definitely jumped the shark. I really hate how they weave commercials into the show, "hey Bob, what are you making us? Is that tacos made with Jennie O turkey?"
I agree, those commercials are so awful. Especially since they are not at all transparent about what the contestants eat anyway. I've always hated that about The Biggest Loser. Diet is more important than exercise when it comes to losing weight, but they won't show what the contestants eat at all. I honestly think the show is misleading in that regard.

I used to love The Biggest Loser, I'm sad that I can't say I even like it anymore.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
I agree, those commercials are so awful. Especially since they are not at all transparent about what the contestants eat anyway. I've always hated that about The Biggest Loser. Diet is more important than exercise when it comes to losing weight, but they won't show what the contestants eat at all. I honestly think the show is misleading in that regard.

I used to love The Biggest Loser, I'm sad that I can't say I even like it anymore.

With the new format I really did not like it this year. But with not much else on this week I did watch. It was nice to see the final five on there last night so relaxed. 3 of them had lost over 100 pounds during the show. 2 went home. Next week we will see who the Biggest Loser is.
I would take the commercials they weave into the conversation over the ones they stick in during the weigh ins.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:48 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I would take the commercials they weave into the conversation over the ones they stick in during the weigh ins.
Right. Big build up, shocked facial expressions, and then a commercial. Followed by a repeat of the big build up.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:44 AM

Another season has ended!! There certainly were a lot of changes in the format. Part of me wants to think this was the final season Then with all the maddening commercials they must be making a LOT of money so maybe not. I was glad to see the results of the finale. BUT it was just too maddenly drug out. The winner lost like 160 pounds and his twin brother won the at home prize. They both deserved it.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:51 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,990,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Another season has ended!! There certainly were a lot of changes in the format. Part of me wants to think this was the final season Then with all the maddening commercials they must be making a LOT of money so maybe not. I was glad to see the results of the finale. BUT it was just too maddenly drug out. The winner lost like 160 pounds and his twin brother won the at home prize. They both deserved it.
Frankly, the finale was so boring that I turned it off. They really need to speed things up already. There was way too much rehashing of content that wasn't interesting the first time.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Frankly, the finale was so boring that I turned it off. They really need to speed things up already. There was way too much rehashing of content that wasn't interesting the first time.
I dozed off and missed it when the twin brother (my favorite) won the weigh in for the at home prize.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:02 AM

Did anyone see the news piece on CBS about all the weight the contestants have put on after the show?? They are saying their metabolism causes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV