Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 12:15 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,666 times

Advertisements

I also think its a foster home, I also second that Ben is kinda creepy as well and I do hope that Adam IS still alive since they never really showed what happened to him after he got sick. That Daughter has mental issues. I hope the story gives us good closure in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 02:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'm wondering if the house Ben sneaks off to may be a foster home, it appeared there were pictures of a lot of different kids on that table where Ben picked up and dropped the photo.

Hank found Doug's business card in the draw he was trying to fix, I gathered Hanks mom had Doug around for past repairs and is likely where Doug fixated on Adam. Hank having no knowledge of the matter.

As far as Hank sickness, he is the rare breed that has learned the harm acting out can do to others and himself which he's more concerned with I don't know, but, he's nothing like Doug for now.
I got the impression that Hank is taking medication in the form of injections, probably estrogen, to kill his libido. Remember when the doctor in the prison asked if he knew what this injection would do to him he replied better this than being a monster? His trying to avoid Jack was his own way of avoiding temptation but after that it was the hormones.

This show is the best on TV right now in my opinion. It has so many twists and turns no one can predict what will happen. All the while we thought sweet little Jane was so innocent until she wasn't. It looked as if Doug had been hiding that he was planning to take a boy but as it turned out the only thing he was trying hide from her was that he was going to take another boy again. Jane knew he had the boys all along.

This show has some really creepy people.

Last edited by Minervah; 04-20-2016 at 02:38 PM..

Old 04-20-2016, 03:34 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,889,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I got the impression that Hank is taking medication in the form of injections, probably estrogen, to kill his libido. Remember when the doctor in the prison asked if he knew what this injection would do to him he replied better this than being a monster? His trying to avoid Jack was his own way of avoiding temptation but after that it was the hormones.

This show is the best on TV right now in my opinion. It has so many twists and turns no one can predict what will happen. All the while we thought sweet little Jane was so innocent until she wasn't. It looked as if Doug had been hiding that he was planning to take a boy but as it turned out the only thing he was trying hide from her was that he was going to take another boy again. Jane knew he had the boys all along.

This show has some really creepy people.
I don't know if it's my best show, but it's one of only two I can't wait to watch when I don't see it live. I hope they let it end this season, though. That's all the story this story has. I don't want it to be stretched into silliness like Revenge, which became unwatchable in the middle of season two because ABC strayed from the original premise.

Does anyone know where in the NYC area the street is where the Warrens and the Ashers live. It looks as if it's right on Long Island Sound, but who knows? I've googled to no avail.

Old 04-20-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I don't know if it's my best show, but it's one of only two I can't wait to watch when I don't see it live. I hope they let it end this season, though. That's all the story this story has. I don't want it to be stretched into silliness like Revenge, which became unwatchable in the middle of season two because ABC strayed from the original premise.

Does anyone know where in the NYC area the street is where the Warrens and the Ashers live. It looks as if it's right on Long Island Sound, but who knows? I've googled to no avail.
That's how I feel. I can't wait for another episode. It's my pick for best I enjoy of the shows I watch. That's because I can't predict what's going to happen and most shows don't surprise me these days because they are all pretty predictable for me.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:39 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,254 times
Quote:
Yes, I know, he started taking the meds after the fact who knows what would have become of him had he never been incarcerated or what path he may close later. He seems to be a good person who is choosing to do the right thing. It's a slippery slope, I do feel bad for him. But, you can't blame people for being cautious whom they want their children left alone with once they have only a certain amount of information about an affender. Anyway, there's more story to unfold, we shall see what's to come, but, like Jay, I hope they don't stretch out for too long either, one season of this kind of sickness is all I think I can manage. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it might go on into another season whether some of us want it to or not. They've opened a !lot of other doors which the writers probably intend to explore, unless they'll pull an "American Crime" fast wrap up

Old 04-21-2016, 08:03 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Ok now it's really starting to get good!!

Old 04-22-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Yes, I know, he started taking the meds after the fact who knows what would have become of him had he never been incarcerated or what path he may close later. He seems to be a good person who is choosing to do the right thing. It's a slippery slope, I do feel bad for him. But, you can't blame people for being cautious whom they want their children left alone with once they have only a certain amount of information about an offender. Anyway, there's more story to unfold, we shall see what's to come, but, like Jay, I hope they don't stretch out for too long either, one season of this kind of sickness is all I think I can manage. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it might go on into another season whether some of us want it to or not. They've opened a !lot of other doors which the writers probably intend to explore, unless they'll pull an "American Crime" fast wrap up
That's why I feel even more sorry for him now that they snatched away the puppy he wanted which had nothing to do with his being an offender. Poor guy. It's probably the only chance he felt he would ever have had for something to love and have love returned.

It's also what's so great about the show, we keep learning more and more about what motivates the characters in the present as they go into the past. I hope in the end he gets to move away from the nasty people and get himself an nice dog or cat.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:51 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
I didn't get to see the show "live" it I have seen enough videos to piece together about Jane, I think.

So Jane knows of Doug's predilections for young boys and she is covering for him? He doesn't know she knows? HD will when he gets home!

Aww, who took Hank's puppy away from him? That is what I gleaned from Min's post. Poor guy. I almost like him the best!

Old 04-22-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I didn't get to see the show "live" it I have seen enough videos to piece together about Jane, I think.

So Jane knows of Doug's predilections for young boys and she is covering for him? He doesn't know she knows? HD will when he gets home!

Aww, who took Hank's puppy away from him? That is what I gleaned from Min's post. Poor guy. I almost like him the best!
Doug knows Jane knows. She asked him why he was doing it again and said she had thought he was done with it so she must have known.

Regarding the puppy, earlier on, Hank went to a house were a lady had puppies to sell. She told Hank he could go into a little pen where some adorable puppies began crawling all over him. She told him to take his time and let the puppy pick him. He was in heaven.

Finally, they showed him holding a puppy ready to do the final transaction to buy it so happy and smiling when on the TV in the next room Claire us shown announcing that she was going to make it a part of her campaign that child predators would be more severely sought out and punished in her state and she uses Hank as an example showing a picture of him. The puppy seller's little girl came running into the room telling her mother it was Hank on the TV and not to sell him the dog.

Next thing we see of poor Hank he is sitting home again all alone. I wanted to slap that mother and her kid.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:59 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Doug knows Jane knows. She asked him why he was doing it again and said she had thought he was done with it so she must have known.

Regarding the puppy, earlier on, Hank went to a house were a lady had puppies to sell. She told Hank he could go into a little pen where some adorable puppies began crawling all over him. She told him to take his time and let the puppy pick him. He was in heaven.

Finally, they showed him holding a puppy ready to do the final transaction to buy it so happy and smiling when on the TV in the next room Claire us shown announcing that she was going to make it a part of her campaign that child predators would be more severely sought out and punished in her state and she uses Hank as an example showing a picture of him. The puppy seller's little girl came running into the room telling her mother it was Hank on the TV and not to sell him the dog.

Next thing we see of poor Hank he is sitting home again all alone. I wanted to slap that mother and her kid.
Thank you very much, Min! I hope, when all is said and done, Doug is found to be the perp, Hank sues Claire and the Webbers for every single penny they have. That Claire needs to be sued for defamation of character now. Hank was released. Was he freed on a technicality or was he found innocent? I don't remember. I know I would sell that house and move if I were Hank! Of course there would be no show then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV