Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 04:47 PM

4,737 posts, read 4,440,634 times

Advertisements

Pretty girl, but I really can't stomach when they already know how to pose and do faces for the papparazzi. Certainly not like us. (like me?).Sorry but it just seems so warped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 05:44 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,670,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Pretty girl, but I really can't stomach when they already know how to pose and do faces for the papparazzi. Certainly not like us. (like me?).Sorry but it just seems so warped.
Yes a little too sophisticated a pose for my taste from a 15 year old...but wow she is a beauty!!!

Old 07-13-2016, 06:50 PM

4,491 posts, read 4,995,640 times
She looks 35 not 15.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:18 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,244,220 times
Has everyone read Jules's blog? Here's a copy:

Since coming into this group, I've often asked myself, "Why is there always yelling and screaming? Why is someone always storming out of the room in tears? Why is someone always being mocked, insulted, judged or left out? WHAT PLANET ARE WE ON?!" And then it hit me like a meteor: We are on planet Bethenny. Unlike on planet Earth where friendships are formed and shaped through mutual support and encouragement, on planet Bethenny (which is circled 24/7 by a moon named Carole) it is acceptable for friends to disparage one another behind their backs, to judge, berate and abandon one another on an almost constant basis. Unfamiliar with the customs and rituals on planet Bethenny, I lost my temper "out of nowhere" during a recent visit. Back on planet Earth, my outburst might have been precipitated by months of dismissive, snide, insensitive comments and scrutiny of everything from a flick of my hair to the the food on my plate and the homes in which I live (how quickly we forget the just plain nasty Hamptons "visit"! On planet Bethenny, that never happened, I suppose) and months of watching women around me get verbally assaulted. Another thing I quickly discovered during my recent trip to Bethenny was that there is no empathy on this planet, and the popular phrase "zero f---s" literally means "to have zero self-awareness."

Dinner at Joanne's was so painful for me; the complete lack of empathy from Bethenny and Carole really struck a nerve. If someone bore their soul to me like I did, I would have leapt across the table and given them a big hug. Recovery from any illness is hard, and it's rarely a linear path. I thought I was ok. I wasn't ok and I admitted it, was dealing with it and moving forward again -- that's what people do. What people don't do is sit around judging and shaming a person in recovery and projecting their own issues onto them. After admitting my recent setbacks, the all-knowing and morally-superior Carole responds with a sneer of disgust ("Oh Jesus!") and accuses me of being in denial. Bethenny once again makes the entire issue about herself and her own childhood. On planet Earth, gravity is defined as "a natural phenomenon by which all things with energy are brought toward one another." Not so on planet Bethenny, where all things always revolve around and are drawn back to one person. Heaven forbid anyone attempts to pull the attention away from Bethenny.

On the bus to Mohegan Sun, I learned that the laws of sound and speed on planet Earth also do not exist on planet Bethenny, and people sometimes cannot hear conversations from one foot away in an enclosed space. Imagine my confusion/delusion. I also learned that on planet Bethenny, anything can be reversed at any given moment - pure hatred and animosity like what Bethenny displayed towards Sonja just a few weeks prior can be turned into feelings of affection and admiration on a dime. Nothing actually changed between the time that Bethenny unleashed her fury on Sonja and the Mohegan Sun bus ride — Sonja didn't change her course of action or behaviors — yet for some reason Bethenny went from, "I don't accept your apology and I never want to see your face again" to "I really miss you" in an instant. Could it be to make sure I was as uncomfortable and alienated on that bus and trip as possible? Common sense or paranoia? I guess that depends on what planet you live on.

Getting self-absorbed sometimes is human — we are all guilty of it from time to time. Going through life with such extreme selfishness and self-centeredness that you cannot distinguish other people's problems from your own, empathize with anyone, be proud or happy for anyone, that's just plain narcissism. I'm no rocket scientist (duh) but in my opinion, whatever signs of life exist on planet Bethenny today are doomed to self-destruct.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-hous...lanet-bethenny

Go Jules! The reunion was filmed today. Hopefully Jules didn't get choked up and stuck up for herself!

Old 07-13-2016, 10:09 PM

Twitter is on fire tonight and the comments are great!

Someone tweeted "I hope next season these ladies all sleep with a man named Dick so we can have the full trio of Tom, Dick, and Harry."

LOL!

Old 07-13-2016, 10:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,816,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Twitter is on fire tonight and the comments are great!

Someone tweeted "I hope next season these ladies all sleep with a man named Dick so we can have the full trio of Tom, Dick, and Harry."

LOL!

I've never even seen twitter

Old 07-14-2016, 04:44 AM

4,737 posts, read 4,440,634 times
[/i]Getting self-absorbed sometimes is human — we are all guilty of it from time to time. Going through life with such extreme selfishness and self-centeredness that you cannot distinguish other people's problems from your own, empathize with anyone, be proud or happy for anyone, that's just plain narcissism. I'm no rocket scientist (duh) but in my opinion, whatever signs of life exist on planet Bethenny today are doomed to self-destruct.

Julianne Wainstein: We Are on Planet Bethenny | The Real Housewives of New York City Blog

Go Jules! The reunion was filmed today. Hopefully Jules didn't get choked up and stuck up for herself! [/quote]

Not sure if I butchered my quoting (it was so long...) but I cannot rep escapeNC anymore but what a great find. And I am so impressed with Jules. Wow she sure articulated some powerful thoughts there. Good for her for standing up for herself. I really do feel for her. I used to find betheny amusing and sharp but she really has become just sharp as in like a razor- always it seems to me at someone else's expense .

Old 07-14-2016, 08:17 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,780,406 times
The Countless seemed to overreact about this entire Tom situation! I think she is embarrassed and trying to play it off as a secure woman. It isn't working.

Who would ever think that Ramona would be the voice of reason? Not even Ramona!!

Glad Jules called Bethany out. When Jules is angry she can actually speak! And wow can she write, her blog was fantastic at articulating her thoughts! I do however understand Carole's reaction of saying "Oh Jesus". She was shocked because Jules is so outspoken how she no longer has an eating disorder when she clearly does.

Sonja just drives me crazy with the way she pretends to be something she isn't. Her entire fake facade is annoying.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:58 PM

Luann is also calling Bethenny out on her behavior. From Lu's Blog:

"Why does Bethenny take out her issues with her mother’s eating disorder on Jules? Would she not want to be around Jules if her mother had had diabetes and Jules had it as well? What about cancer? Does Bethenny not want to be around people with illnesses that make her uncomfortable? I can tell you she doesn’t care about the discomfort she causes by discussing her vagina at every meal. We see here Bethenny’s significant lack of empathy towards others. It’s not always about her, but try telling her that. Jules was very brave to share her struggles with us, and we need to use this information not to belittle her but to help her."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-hous...jules-was-very

Kudos to both Luann and Jules for sticking up for themselves!

Old 07-14-2016, 08:19 PM

4,491 posts, read 4,995,640 times
Oye Vey, jules writes better than she speaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV