Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:39 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,970,557 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else miss this show? Lol, I would SO live in Stars Hollow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
I am a man, and I say this with an unblemished record of male heterosexuality: I love Gilmore Girls. One of the best TV shows in the past 20 years.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:56 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,936 times
I am a guy and I dont really care for the show, But I can definately stare at Lauran Graham. She is hot. It's funny that the mom looked better than the daughter in a modern day show. She's definately my type of women. Style and looks.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
I am a guy and I dont really care for the show, But I can definately stare at Lauran Graham. She is hot. It's funny that the mom looked better than the daughter in a modern day show. She's definately my type of women. Style and looks.
U R RIGHT BRO SHE IS REALLY HOT I WATCHED THE SHOW JUST FOR HER

Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,601,130 times
I have the series on DVD. That's how much I liked it. I think the show went downhill after season 4. Didn't much care for Luke's daughter in the storyline.

I loved how fast they spoke. Finally someone who talks as fast as I do.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:35 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,597 times
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gilmore Girls!!!! I have all the seasons on dvd and rewatch them occassionally. One of the best shows ever on tv. The last two season were a bit disappointing but still watchable. I didn't mind Luke's daughter April's storyline but I was thrown with Chris and Lorelei's quicky marriage in Paris. That was completely out of character for her. I was also sad when Rory and Logan split up. I loved those two together.

The family dynamics were great between Lorelei, Rory, Richard and Emily. The friday night dinners were a hoot and Stars Hollow looks like the coolest place ever to live (minus Taylor).

Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Yeah but Taylor just adds to the quirkyness--a small town like that has got to have a Taylor to keep people on their toes. It was fun laughing at some of his ridiculous rules/regulations.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,970,557 times
I was ticked about how it ended. I miss it and watch the reruns on tv every once in awhile, but still think they should have ended it better!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:58 AM

Yeah, the writers (or maybe it was the producers) couldn't agree to go another season so there wasn't much warning when it came time to wrap it up. Had the last episode been planned, perhaps a more decent storyline could've evolved.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:39 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,291,008 times
I never watched Gilmore Girls until it was in reruns on ABC Family, but I find it to be one of the better hours I spend watching TV these days.

For those of you who watched this show from the beginning I have a question.

Lorilei was 16 when Rory was born. I'm under the impression she took baby Rory and ran away, before Rory was even a year old. So here is my question: did the older Gilmore parents not know where Lorilei was during the time she was underage with a baby. I know Lorilei fled to Stars Hollow, which I think is 30-40 miles outside of Hartford. I know she showed up on the doorstep of Nina while it was snowing. I just can't figure out if the parents actually knew where she was before the Friday night dinners began due to the Chilton money situation.

Also, I read somewhere that the network really wanted to continue the series another season, but it was actually Lauren Graham who wanted out. In the last season, Lauren was the producer of many of the episodes. Supposedly, this was given to get her to stay for season seven.

I also read that when Alexis Bledel has finished ER there was some talk of a two hour movie to sort of wrap up the loose ends left when the show closed. Has anyone else heard talk of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV