Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 05:04 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,224,162 times

Advertisements

George Hamilton was long reknown for his deep tan and playboy looks and lifestyle. I think he's 77 now and hasn't been seen of or heard of for years to my knowledge.

Then suddenly I'm watching this KFC commercial talking about all crispy etc. and I'm like....is that George Hamilton?

Hilarious!!! The whole double entendre thing with his deep tan days/crispy skin is so tongue in cheek and out of the box for a commercial I can't believe it.

Unfortunately I think its probably totallylost on most of the population who has no idea who George Hamilton is and the rest of them probably don't really remember him.

Anyway, I think its great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 07:42 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,017,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
George Hamilton was long reknown for his deep tan and playboy looks and lifestyle. I think he's 77 now and hasn't been seen of or heard of for years to my knowledge.

Then suddenly I'm watching this KFC commercial talking about all crispy etc. and I'm like....is that George Hamilton?

Hilarious!!! The whole double entendre thing with his deep tan days/crispy skin is so tongue in cheek and out of the box for a commercial I can't believe it.

Unfortunately I think its probably totally lost on most of the population who has no idea who George Hamilton is and the rest of them probably don't really remember him.

I would think you're right. Took me seeing the first one a time or two to figure out who it was.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post

Unfortunately I think its probably totallylost on most of the population who has no idea who George Hamilton is and the rest of them probably don't really remember him.

The minute I saw that commercial I was "is THAT George Hamilton??" Then listening to the "extra crispy" schpiel, I figured it HAD to be him. LOL. Only things I have seen him on is Celebrity Family Feud and some show about swapping spouses.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:19 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
he's on a reality show now with his ex wife, her kids by Rod Stewart and her son,Ashley from her marriage to George. It isn't on right now; don't know if there will be a second season.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
he's on a reality show now with his ex wife, her kids by Rod Stewart and her son,Ashley from her marriage to George. It isn't on right now; don't know if there will be a second season.
Alana Hamilton? I remember when she was married to Rod Stewart. Ashley, for a guy? Really. Yeah, I know, but still think it's a little too uni-sex.

Thanks, Pip! Howdy!!

Old 09-03-2016, 02:16 PM

9,889 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Alana Hamilton? I remember when she was married to Rod Stewart. Ashley, for a guy? Really. Yeah, I know, but still think it's a little too uni-sex.

Thanks, Pip! Howdy!!
Ashley is a very common name for men in England as well as women. Kind of like Jamie here.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:40 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,240,291 times
The other KFC commercials are stupid, but this one is genus. Whoever thought of it deserves a bonus.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:30 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
For those who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNSHVXEPE0

I had to look twice to recognize him. So funny. Kudos to the writers and to Hamilton both.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:22 PM

I like how "the illusion" of a grand staircase is crumbling down. Kinda like George's "illusion" of age and his tan. Gotta hand it to him to mock himself. Brilliant commercial.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:08 PM

156 posts, read 244,996 times
I'm surprised to read so much positive reaction to extra-creepy Colonel in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV