Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 07:09 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times

Advertisements

I always wondered how these young kids knew how to cook dishes I have never even heard of before!! I wondered that about the adults sometimes too though. They say they never cooked such and such before but they now how exactly what, and how much, to mix together.

I do not like Christina. At all.
I miss Joe and Graham. The three of them were a good panel of characters.

I caught the Kitchen Nightmares UK version a while back and it is much better than the US version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 04:35 PM

1,625 posts, read 1,356,455 times
Tomorrow night is the finale. Here's the TV blurb:

"Leaving It All On The Line"
New, 2/02/2017, Reality, Cooking
The top two contestants are surprised by Chef Ramsay with a relaxing trip to the Ken Paves Salon to undergo makeovers and treatments before going to a musical premiere; at the theater the finalists are surprised by their final challenge.

I usta like the final challenge where the finalists come up with their own menu and restaurant decor, and then their team helps them to implement it in a dinner service.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:22 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,466 times
Ryan will win. Heather is not ready to work in a 5 star restaurant.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:02 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times
Neither one of them are.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:10 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
If most of the contestants were truly ready to work even in a one-star restaurant, the show probably would be pretty dull. Which it now and then is. However, contestants who were that ready would also call bull**** on the manipulation of appliances, which I am convinced is used to generate freakouts as needed.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:03 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Ryan will win. Heather is not ready to work in a 5 star restaurant.
Good call. Ryan did win (thankfully).

Old 02-03-2017, 07:10 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Good call. Ryan did win (thankfully).
Yes indeed, she's totally deserving. Heather was like Paulie, both good at working on their own making nice dishes but badly lacking the people and organizational skills necessary for a top Head Chef job. Heather and Paulie would not get respect even at much lower levels. They were also both very lucky getting as far as they did, seemed like Chef Ramsey had a clueless weakness for them.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:05 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Yes indeed, she's totally deserving. Heather was like Paulie, both good at working on their own making nice dishes but badly lacking the people and organizational skills necessary for a top Head Chef job. Heather and Paulie would not get respect even at much lower levels. They were also both very lucky getting as far as they did, seemed like Chef Ramsey had a clueless weakness for them.
One senses that their antics and DRs created drama. Heather's b-words and Paulie's narcissism were about all this season had to work with at times.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:59 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Yay!!!!!!!!! (This is where the party and firecracker emoticons on my phone would come in handy!)

Take that ...... b**ches!!!!!!! Looks like good ol' Heather-Poo went out like a little b**ch after all!!!

I was truly hoping Ryan would throw Paulie outta her kitchen. I thought he was going to sabotage her with the way he was talking - the "What's in it for me" stuff. When she chose Paulie I was all "Oh no!!!", but it turns out it was probably better than picking Kim.

I wonder what Heather and Andrew are doing. Each other, probably ... they were awfully cozy last night. I wonder if he's still engaged, or if he ever got married, or if his girlfriend dumped his fat ass. Huh, looks like I'll probably have to do a Google search - not that I don't have a million other important things I could (and should!) be doing. But I'm just nosy like that ... it's "how I roll".

Heather's mom looked really p*ssed off. Looked like she was about to put a hit out on Ryan or something.

So, I wonder when the next season starts, and will we get Hotel Hell back soon, since I'm going to have donkey-like withdrawal symptoms pretty soon.

I'm just happy that GR made the right call!!!

Old 02-03-2017, 11:14 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,356,455 times
Yah, I wasn't surprised when Heather chose Andrew first Obviously they were/are still a thing. I wish there was a barfing icon

Poorly's attitude was awful. I wish Ryan had thrown him out of the kitchen.

I almost thought Chef was going to pick Heather after the montage of her accomplishments, etc, and that she tends to be more outspoken and loud in in the kitchen compared to Ryan. But Chef knew the score, especially after reading through all the comment cards

A well-deserved win for Ryan. I wish her the best of luck at her new job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV