Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 04:31 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,747,652 times

Advertisements

I don't expect them to re-imagine all of the original's various plot points and characters within the first two or three years, even if they don't last as long as the original did. I doubt they were even expecting to bring Dominique into the mix this soon; her introduction is likely to fill some of the void left by Alexis being out of the mix for the time being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 04:31 PM

12,842 posts, read 868,983 times
Hmm... Were those hints from Adam on who will be playing Alexis or just some teasing?

Old 04-03-2019, 06:11 PM

The producers likely don't know who will be playing her (yet), so the hinting around in that last scene was likely just their effort to get people talking. The first bit of hinting (his pointing out how much Fallon supposedly looks like her mother) didn't register with me at all, since the two ladies look very different (in my opinion). I assumed the musing was more about age in general, with Adam trying to twist the knife in his mother, a vain woman who had to be very anxious about having lost her looks in this attack. The line, however, led to a few people saying (half-joking, I hope) that the show might hire Liz Gillies to play Alexis 2.0 as well as Fallon. That would be too ridiculous for words, even for an over-the-top soap.

The second bit of hinting had Adam give the nurse a photo that (supposedly) Alexis wanted the plastic surgeon to use as a guide for what she'd like to look like. Since he picked the photo and she knows nothing about it, I thought he might have her new face look like the old face of his adoptive mother, the woman he murdered. That would still be rather macabre, but more within the realm of possibility than a plastic surgeon making a ~55 year-old woman look like her 26 year-old daughter.

Since Alexis won't be a factor in the remainder of the season, they have plenty of time to choose how they want to move forward. As we saw with the Celia/Cristal switcheroo, they have no problem making a drastic change in a short period of time, but since season three has already been ordered, they will have a bit more time to come up with a solution.

If they were to ask my advice, I would try as hard as possible to keep Sheridan and bring her back in with a fabulous fake-out: they pull off the bandages and discover Hey! They didn't recast, after all! That would knock nutty Adam for a loop.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:10 PM

When I mentioned the hints I was thinking more along the line of bringing in Pamela Sue Martin. Martin has taken good care of herself and could easily slide into the role. And hey, she (Martin) does look a lot like Fallon when she was younger. Now that would be fun!

Anyway, it is a soap opera so anything is possible.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:35 AM

I honestly had not thought of that. It would certainly send a shockwave through the original Dynasty fandom. I've heard a few people suggest Catherine Oxenberg, but PSM would be even more of a stunt-casting.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:12 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
I would love to see Joan Collins come in as a grandmother or something...

Old 04-21-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
The producers likely don't know who will be playing her (yet), so the hinting around in that last scene was likely just their effort to get people talking. The first bit of hinting (his pointing out how much Fallon supposedly looks like her mother) didn't register with me at all, since the two ladies look very different (in my opinion). I assumed the musing was more about age in general, with Adam trying to twist the knife in his mother, a vain woman who had to be very anxious about having lost her looks in this attack. The line, however, led to a few people saying (half-joking, I hope) that the show might hire Liz Gillies to play Alexis 2.0 as well as Fallon. That would be too ridiculous for words, even for an over-the-top soap.

.....snipped.....
Yikes! What do you think, Daniel? I'm really curious to see how this will go.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:53 AM

Like I said, too ridiculous for words!

Seriously, do they want to work poor Liz Gillies to death? I hope this is a temporary thing, a dream even.

Pity, because the stories circulating around them were clicking along quite well, even the (at times tough to follow) soccer team plotline. They got Liam back into the mix (love Fallon/Liam) and they finally figured out what to do with Kirby. We're even going to get the rebooted poison-paint fumes storyline from the look of things. Not sure why Sam feels he has to divorce Steven, since no one has said he's going to be in the institution permanently. Sam filing for divorce would only make Steven's recovery even harder.

The CW ought to grab this preposterous plot twist and promote the hell out of it...but I ain't holding my breath.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Like I said, too ridiculous for words!

Seriously, do they want to work poor Liz Gillies to death? I hope this is a temporary thing, a dream even.

Pity, because the stories circulating around them were clicking along quite well, even the (at times tough to follow) soccer team plotline. They got Liam back into the mix (love Fallon/Liam) and they finally figured out what to do with Kirby. We're even going to get the rebooted poison-paint fumes storyline from the look of things. Not sure why Sam feels he has to divorce Steven, since no one has said he's going to be in the institution permanently. Sam filing for divorce would only make Steven's recovery even harder.

The CW ought to grab this preposterous plot twist and promote the hell out of it...but I ain't holding my breath.

Yes, a dream! That would be a good fix to the ridiculousness. I won't hold my breath though.

I agree with the rest of your points.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:42 PM

An interview with Gillies and one of the show-runners confirmed (pretty much) that this 'recast' of Alexis is a temporary move, something to buy the producers some time while they continue the audition process. To which I say an animated "Whew!".

But I have to admit Liz Gillies did a disturbing yet thorough rendition of Nicollette Sheridan's Alexis...right down to a very good voice-alike. She had prosthetics on to achieve that "pulled" plastic surgery look, and of course they had her in NS-style wigs and turbans. Given her dramatic, tearful (if that face can cry) departure at the end of the episode, she might be leaving sooner than I thought. And she can return next season with a few 'alterations' to keep everyone from being so freaked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV