Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which late night show or host do you prefer?
CBS / Stephen Colbert 26 31.71%
NBC / Jimmy Fallon 6 7.32%
ABC / Jimmy Kimmel 13 15.85%
I have given up on the late night shows. 16 19.51%
All these hosts are offensive. 21 25.61%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 11:55 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,870 times

Advertisements

Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert, and Jimmy Kimmel all begin at 11:35 p.m. eastern time, and the shows that follow them also begin a few minutes after the half-hour.

Which late night show or host do you prefer?

CBS / Stephen Colbert

NBC / Jimmy Fallon

ABC / Jimmy Kimmel

I have given up on the late night shows.

All these hosts are offensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 12:02 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times
I don't purposefully tune in, but my TV is pretty much always on when I'm awake, and my bedroom TV is pretty much defaulted to ABC. So if I'm still awake at 11:30, Kimmel is on. Usually it's just background noise.

Fallon bugs me for some reason. I think he comes across too childish. But I do enjoy some of his segments that wind up going viral (like when he and the Roots perform with some guest using classroom instruments)

Old 06-15-2017, 12:08 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't purposefully tune in, but my TV is pretty much always on when I'm awake, and my bedroom TV is pretty much defaulted to ABC. So if I'm still awake at 11:30, Kimmel is on. Usually it's just background noise.

Fallon bugs me for some reason. I think he comes across too childish. But I do enjoy some of his segments that wind up going viral (like when he and the Roots perform with some guest using classroom instruments)
Agree with you about Fallon being childish. Also HATE how he feels he has to Yell his guests name as they come out

Old 06-15-2017, 03:58 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,864,340 times
I would have picked Seth Meyers if he was on your poll but since he's not I'll go with Stephen Colbert. Jimmy Kimmel I also like. As for Jimmy Fallon I can't stand to watch him. He's just so obnoxious.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:04 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,736,186 times
I cannot stand Stephen Colbert. At all.
I can, and sometimes do, watch both Jimmys. I prefer Fallon of the two. I will usually watch the monologue and any games, then depending on the guest, I keep going or abandon it. I never (maybe once or twice a year) watch all the way through the musical act. With Kimmel, I will watch if I'm interested in seeing a guest. Otherwise, I tend to watch only his more viral segments online. I do record it after Halloween for the "I ate your candy" videos- my favorite bit of his.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:30 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
My history of late night TV...

Watched Carson, then Leno. Never liked Conan.

Watched Jimmy Fallon when he took over. At first, he was funny. I liked his fresh take on things, and some of his guest segments were fun. But after about a year, I started getting tired of his shtick. I noticed he mainly had his "friends" as guests, and he slowly turned from funny to cloying. Everyone was "his good friend". His antics with Miley Cyrus are a good example of why he's fallen so far in the ratings. I still watch his monologue, and skim thru his show, but mainly from habit.

Tried Stephen Colbert. I had never watched him before (never watched The Daily Show), so I barely knew who he was. He was surprisingly funny. Always topical, with great guests. He's not afraid to have on guests he doesn't know, or that have different viewpoints. I usually watch his show, time allowing.

Jimmy Kimmel is ok. I like him, but don't watch him regularly.

My favorite by far is Seth Meyers. I love his humor, and "A Closer Look" is always spot on. He has an occasional segment called "Jokes Seth Can't Say" that is hilarious (he did one Wednesday).

Ranking:
Seth Meyers
Stephen Colbert
Jimmy Fallon
Jimmy Kimmel

Old 06-16-2017, 06:40 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,216 times
I don't care for any of them. Leno was OK, and I went from love to hate to love to hate with Letterman. These days, I watch Carson at 9:00, then Wings at 10:00, then Becker at 11:00. I've stopped watching late night hosts like I've stopped watching national news. Too much snark and just plain manipulation of facts. And it would be over my dead body I would watch the ones that come on after Fallon, Kimmel and What's His Name. The Late Late Night hosts. They are so far removed from anything decent and humane they aren't worth the electricity it takes to power the TV.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:33 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Which late night show or host do you prefer?
I prefer Jimmy Kimmel. He seems to be the most down-to-earth of all of them. Jimmy Fallon is too silly for me, and I absolutely cannot stand listening to politics, so Colbert was out automatically.

I really miss Craig Ferguson, though. He was my favorite.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:38 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Where is James Corden? He's hilarious.

Fallon is just too bland--boring. I prefer edgy.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:22 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Where is James Corden? He's hilarious.

Fallon is just too bland--boring. I prefer edgy.
I think Corden is Late Late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV