Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 06:40 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times

Advertisements

Well that sucks face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 10:25 PM

17,600 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Well that sucks face.

They're saying it's for "Talent Availability".. So.. Maybe people want to look and see if Aaron Paul or Bryan Cranston are booked up until then or something.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:36 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They're saying it's for "Talent Availability".. So.. Maybe people want to look and see if Aaron Paul or Bryan Cranston are booked up until then or something.
*fingers crossed*

Thanks, Labonte!

Old 04-06-2019, 08:07 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
I'm hearing it's due to the Breaking Bad movie. Vince Gilligan is spending all his time/effort on that, and won't be able to focus back on BCS until later this year, making for a 2020 BCS Season Five.

I realize most of us here are big BB/BCS fans, and will tune in no matter what. But one wonders if the long hiatus will have an affect on the long-term ratings of S5? Out of sight, out of mind? Is there an amount of time at which the break becomes so large people lose interest? Or is it show dependent?

I know for Game of Thrones, it makes no difference. But GoT is definitely an outlier in the TV world.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:36 AM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/kill...-strategy.html

Quote:
Do you have a status update on season five of Better Call Saul? When is it coming back?
We said on our most recent earnings call that the series would come back for season five next year.

Oh, I missed that. So Better Call Saul, not until 2020. That’s something else which has become increasingly common these days — big shows taking longer breaks between seasons. But if it’s what the creator needs and wants …
Yes. It’s driven by talent needs, which we would not override if it would result in a worse show.

Do you think that Better Call Saul, unlike Walking Dead, has a more limited shelf life? Are we getting close to the endgame for that series?
Well, we know clearly the end was already written before the beginning began. [Laughs.] The writers, they have a very particular, very clear sense of the arc of their show.

In terms of how much longer that has to play out, do you know?
We’re certainly getting closer to it.

You’re not going to give me anything, are you?
No, I’m really not. [Laughs.]

Old 04-06-2019, 08:43 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
The actors in this prequel are going to be geriatric by the time the series reaches BB time. Mike's gonna be using a walker to his hit jobs.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:39 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,712,210 times
Oh, dear. I was wondering when Better Call Saul was going to roll around this year, and... it isn't.

2020, huh? Too long.

Not because of the wait (well, yes, that) but because Jonathon Banks is simply getting too old to play Mike properly. He's already 72. It works well enough at present, and while he's largely a cerebral character he does have some physical exploits - and they're becoming increasingly implausible. I hope they wrap it up in Season 5. Not because I want it to end, but because it's been time enough. It should end, rather than run too long.

I still hold out hope for a season or two of a sequel, titled Gene, a coda-esque deep look at the Cinnabon existence of one Mr. Taković in Omaha. [since the Omaha timeline is after Breaking Bad, the timeline with Bob Odenkirk aging works out well enough]

Old 07-09-2019, 04:52 PM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
I still hold out hope for a season or two of a sequel, titled Gene, a coda-esque deep look at the Cinnabon existence of one Mr. Taković in Omaha. [since the Omaha timeline is after Breaking Bad, the timeline with Bob Odenkirk aging works out well enough]
As much as I love these characters, when this show is over I hope Gilligan and the writers go on to new things. I'm eager to see what they can do.

But hey, if we are going to get more spin-offs, it's time for HUELL'S RULES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8domW4NwpBQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV