Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:55 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Resurrecting great Breaking Bad characters in Better Call Saul is part of the shows great appeal. Knowing that Gus is part of Season 3 only makes me wish it was already April.

On an oddly related note, I'm just wrapping up Season 1 of Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime where Bryan Cranston crushed it as the main antagonist. I recommend that all Breaking Bad fans check it out.
I have Sneaky Pete in my queue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 07:00 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
To the viewers:

Is Season 2 better than Season 1? I watched Season 1, then stopped watching because I didn't like it, and I was a rabid BB watcher. The show was kind of slow, boring, and there weren't enough characters to keep me interested. Does it pick up? I suspected it was not going to be as good as BB from the beginning; after all, how can any show duplicates its successes? But I didn't think it would be this slow and unfocused. Sorry if my opinion offends anyone.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:09 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
On an oddly related note, I'm just wrapping up Season 1 of Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime where Bryan Cranston crushed it as the main antagonist. I recommend that all Breaking Bad fans check it out.
Ditto.

The first episode of SNEAKY PETE was made as a pilot for CBS. It's good, but it still feels like a network TV show. With Episode 2, the gloves came off.

Graham Yost, who was responsible for JUSTIFIED (one of the best American TV shows of the past 20 years) is making SNEAKY PETE, and it shows. The story feels very much like a sort of "cousin sequel" to JUSTIFIED. Likeable bad guys. Shady good guys. Family drama. Laughs and misery.

Fans of BREAKING BAD, BETTER CALL SAUL, and JUSTIFIED really need to check out SNEAKY PETE. You'll be glad you did.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:54 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Default "Better Call Saul"

I just discovered this show.
Personally, I think it is a very good show. Good actorship. Good actors. Quite realistic. Not obsessed with nudity, profanity and homosexuality. Has very interesting real life twists to it.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:05 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,687 times
I watched Better Call Saul and liked it a lot. Friends suggested Breaking Bad so now I'm watching that. Pretty intense show, I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:27 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,414,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
I watched Better Call Saul and liked it a lot. Friends suggested Breaking Bad so now I'm watching that. Pretty intense show, I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

I am SOOOOOOOO jealous that you get to watch Breaking Bad for the first time now. Have fun.

I'd recommend the TV show Fargo next.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:42 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,687 times
Billy Bob Thornton version of Fargo? Saw it. Excellent

Old 01-25-2017, 09:58 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
I'm inclined to think that if you haven't already watched Breaking Bad you might be better off pausing your Better Call Saul activity and watching all of Breaking Bad first.

They do stand on their own, and I think Better Call Saul is very well done, but a big part of the interest is how Jimmy and other characters evolve into who they become on Breaking Bad. (Including Gus this season!)

What do other people who have watched both think?

Old 01-25-2017, 11:08 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,414,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I'm inclined to think that if you haven't already watched Breaking Bad you might be better off pausing your Better Call Saul activity and watching all of Breaking Bad first.

They do stand on their own, and I think Better Call Saul is very well done, but a big part of the interest is how Jimmy and other characters evolve into who they become on Breaking Bad. (Including Gus this season!)

Completely agree.

Better Call Saul -- a lot of the satisfaction is seeing the history and development of the character Saul, who you met in Breaking Bad. You miss/can't appreciate so many subtlties if you haven't seen Breaking Bad already.

The solution?

After you see Breaking Bad, you go back and watch Better Caul Saul again, and you will appreciate it on a whole different level.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:10 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

Since you will have to wait for upcoming episodes of BCS, yes, I would recommend binge watching all of BB first. After BCS runs it's course, it might be the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV