Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 12:32 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes. Better yet, just pat your face with your napkin, put it down, excuse yourself, and leave.

Just leave. And don't associate with people like these.
Yep!

Quote:
Thing about the Countless and Jill - those two are great about dishing it out, but neither can take it.
NONE of them can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Why do people either forget or excuse Ramona, at a charity function, telling Lu Ann, "well, your husband is old" (or close to). And Ramona's excuse for saying that was "well he IS, isn't he"? .
That is worse than Discountess telling the Ramonacoaster that her husband is having an affair? Really? Next thinig you know you'll be saying Ramona is crazy for just saying the sky is blue. She tells it like it is. Luann just can't handle the truth because she thinks she is always right, primand proper. Why because of that phony title she has.

Quote:
Ramona is a total *****. She just plays dumb when she's sober.
She may be a B, but she is to thier face, not behind other's people's backs. Luann may pretend to be gracious on the outside, but she is a vapid toxic B on the inside. Ramona's not dumb.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:22 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
That is worse than Discountess telling the Ramonacoaster that her husband is having an affair?
I personally never saw that happen. I did see her translate for the fortune teller, and maybe she appeared to enjoy that moment too much for Ramona's taste, but I never heard LuAnn say that Ramona's husband was having an affair at any other time. And LuAnn denied that she ever said it at the reunion.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:19 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
LuAnn is only worth $2 million - whoa, I hope she's getting some hefty child support. When that's over if she can't make it with her 'singing career' or marry some money she is going to have to high-tail it out of Manhattan.
Wow, pretty funny considering that when Andy was talking about their financial assets and asked them on the reunion how they feel about Bethenny's $120M deal, LuAnn said "She's just catching up"

Old 08-07-2011, 03:18 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Is it me, or did Jill not seem as evil before as she does now? The whole Bethenny thing has really started some oddball downward spiral.
Jill is a despicable being...she could barely contain her giddiness over the prospect that Mario is cheating on Ramona. Regardless of her opinion of Ramona, why would she be so happy about that. Why would she broadcast gossip from her "social circle" as a matter of fact. He wasn't even there to defend himself.

She screams leave the children alone but if not for the event where her stepdaughter spoke and the trip to see her other daughter, she wouldn't have had any starring airtime. Most of them have used their children for extra time, but that's supposed to be okay. If you don't want your children talked about, don't use them for extra exposure.

However, I think Jill is easily manipulated by LuAnn. LuAnn was right there in her ear during the Jill-Bethenny fight, especially when Ramona attempted to bring them together. LuAnn wasn't having any of that...who could miss her look of satisfaction when Jill said to Bethenny, "We're done."

LuAnn wants her friends (subjects) 100% loyal and obedient. The only two to manage this so far are Kelly and Jill. When Jill strays too far...ready to embrace another like Alex, Ramona, etc....LuAnn yanks Jill's chain and pulls her back. On the other hand, Jill also knows she can be an azz and have LuAnn to run to for reinforcement.

Look at the fights Jill has with the others. The common demoninator is always LuAnn right there encouraging and sometimes creating continuing rifts and drama using Jill and Kelly --- because she can. LuAnn doesn't intend to share her adoring, obedient subjects with anyone else.

Ultimately, each is responsible for her own behavior but there are also dynamics involving manipulation and control. To put it simply, Jill's bad behavior is rewarded by her fans, and by LuAnn who encourages more of that behavior from her.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:29 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Quote:
Because Ramona's claim to fame is how long she's been married. Wasn't the first time Ramona said it and won't be the last.
No, that's not her "claim to fame". She really had no choice but to mention it when LuLuLoser just had to imply that Mario is cheating on her.
And before you mention her vow renewing ceremony last season? Ramona was doing a total "renewal" in every part of her life and that's how that came about. (don't forget her product line is called True ReNewal)

Quote:
Why do people either forget or excuse Ramona, at a charity function, telling Lu Ann, "well, your husband is old" (or close to). And Ramona's excuse for saying that was "well he IS, isn't he"?
No, they were having a discussion and Ramona said that Luann's husband is much older than her (which he is -- he is 15 years older than her). Luann almost had a seizure when Ramona said that even though it's the truth.

Quote:
Ramona is a total *****. She just plays dumb when she's sober.
No she's not and no she doesn't. She tells the truth to people's faces. She doesn't run around behind their backs telling stories, spreading rumors or anything else. If they can't handle it, too bad for them.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Watching Part 2 now.

Alex calling Luanne a meddeler is HILARIOUS. Could she project anymore given that she is up in everyone's business all the time - giving messages, sticking up for Ramona of all people, fighting with Sonja, telling of Luanne, etc, etc. Is there anyone Alex hasn't had a problem with?

How anyone can stick up for the things that Ramona says is just beyond me. Yeah, I guess if you think that the things Ramona says are ok, then you would be team blonde.... but if anyone spoke to me like Ramona speaks to everyone, I would never have anything to do with them ever again. Truth or no truth. Such unkindness is not to be admired or encouraged IMO. I find her to be the biggest bully on the show.

Almost done with watching now.

Alex interjects in EVERY SINGLE SEGMENT. Why can't she ever just be quiet? Even Andy told her that Simon's 'Be Careful' sounded threatening but she NEVER admits that she (or Simon) is wrong about anything. She should put herself out there as a 'pitbull for hire' because she is all up in everyone's faces about everything.
I simply do not understand why people think the others bully Alex, because she is up in their faces about absolutely everything. No wonder they fight back!

Yep, I've seen both of the reunion shows and I am more anti Ramona and Alex than ever before. Ugh.

Last edited by Hobokenkitchen; 08-07-2011 at 06:55 PM..

Old 08-07-2011, 05:59 PM

This has to be Ramona's philosphy....

and who can blame her?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:02 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
This has to be Ramona's philosphy....

and who can blame her?
It might be the truth as SHE sees it, but that doesn't make it the truth.
Also perhaps a little less of Ramona's personal brand of truth and a little more kindness could go a long way!

Old 08-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Also perhaps a little less of Ramona's personal brand of truth and a little more kindness could go a long way!
True, but the same can be said for Kellujill. They are not nice people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV