Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 01:28 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post

However, Matt Murdock still got blood all over his hands, which was one of the problems that I had with the Daredevil show.

DD was like a Batman comic pretty dark overall which is why I personally liked it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 09:28 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Finn Jones is a miscast for Iron Fist, but at least the others helped pickup the slack.

My main problem was that once again, The Hand and Electra dragged down the show with their weird and confusing backstories that they spend forever on, yet never fully explain in detail. Then at the end, for all their mystery, they get destroyed easily by the Defenders like some b-level street fighters.

Marvel needs to drop Elektra and the Hand on-screen.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:19 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,225,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Finn Jones is a miscast for Iron Fist, but at least the others helped pickup the slack.

My main problem was that once again, The Hand and Electra dragged down the show with their weird and confusing backstories that they spend forever on, yet never fully explain in detail. Then at the end, for all their mystery, they get destroyed easily by the Defenders like some b-level street fighters.

Marvel needs to drop Elektra and the Hand on-screen.
I agree, the series ended on a hail mary. Actually now that I think about it, the writing for the story arc was **** poor for the fact that it anchored on Limp Fist; expect the story to be limping in odd turns. What is Black Sky anyway? Don't think I ever came across it in the comics, as I recollect.

With the exception of JJ and Iron Fist (from the comics), their abilities are rather B-level. Since DD, seemingly, reluctantly made "leader", everyone else had to conform (in terms of writing, development). DD never struck me as a powerful character, in the comics, he fights with a walking stick.

Daredevil (Matthew Murdock) - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

Iron Fist (Danny Rand) - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

https://marvel.com/universe/Cage,_Luke

Jones, Jessica - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

That's weird, why is JJ's stats so low? Perhaps since she was so minor in the Marvelverse, there was really no development throughout the years. Anyways, I remember as a kid collecting these cards with power stats and as far as I know, Iron Fist's stats are suppose to surpass both LC and DD - JJ will always be a mystery but from what I've read online of her, her power stats should be close to Iron Fist. It's too bad what Netflix did to the character. I had high expectations, he was a favorite of mine growing up. Netflix, the Showrunner, and the writers turned him into a flailing infant - with a touch of Keanu Reeves from Bill & Ted.

~sigh

Old 08-30-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post

With the exception of JJ and Iron Fist (from the comics), their abilities are rather B-level. Since DD, seemingly, reluctantly made "leader", everyone else had to conform (in terms of writing, development). DD never struck me as a powerful character, in the comics, he fights with a walking stick.

One could say the same of Batman yet he's one of the most feared people in the DC universe. And he's the Justice League's leader when it comes down to it. JJ is stronger then Cage is as a whole.

Having power isn't always a good thing people can lose them where as people like DD, Batman can't plus it makes them MORE human then those that do.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,225,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
One could say the same of Batman yet he's one of the most feared people in the DC universe. And he's the Justice League's leader when it comes down to it. JJ is stronger then Cage is as a whole.

Having power isn't always a good thing people can lose them where as people like DD, Batman can't plus it makes them MORE human then those that do.
I can see bits of parallel between the two but can't be quite compared, if we are to be accurate. One of Batman's strongest attributes is his intelligence, DD is not quite so, if we are to compare the two. Iron Fist's stats outclasses DD in every way ... I mean come on. Netflix botched it.

Besides, I was referring to Netflix's portrayal of DD being reluctantly "in charge".

Old 08-31-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:

I can see bits of parallel between the two but can't be quite compared, if we are to be accurate. One of Batman's strongest attributes is his intelligence, DD is not quite so, if we are to compare the two. Iron Fist's stats outclasses DD in every way ... I mean come on. Netflix botched it.

Besides, I was referring to Netflix's portrayal of DD being reluctantly "in charge".

I think DD is a better fighter then Iron Fist of all with his senses the way they are it's very Spider-Man like. Again strength isn't everything. The only thing Netflix botched for me was Finn playing Iron Fist He just wasn't believable to me.

It makes sense that DD wouldn't want to be in charge he was trying to run from who he is.

Overall I liked it Minus Finn as Iron Fist.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:34 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
I agree, the series ended on a hail mary. Actually now that I think about it, the writing for the story arc was **** poor for the fact that it anchored on Limp Fist; expect the story to be limping in odd turns. What is Black Sky anyway? Don't think I ever came across it in the comics, as I recollect.

Daredevil (Matthew Murdock) - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

Iron Fist (Danny Rand) - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

https://marvel.com/universe/Cage,_Luke

Jones, Jessica - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

That's weird, why is JJ's stats so low? Perhaps since she was so minor in the Marvelverse, there was really no development throughout the years. Anyways, I remember as a kid collecting these cards with power stats and as far as I know, Iron Fist's stats are suppose to surpass both LC and DD - JJ will always be a mystery but from what I've read online of her, her power stats should be close to Iron Fist. It's too bad what Netflix did to the character. I had high expectations, he was a favorite of mine growing up. Netflix, the Showrunner, and the writers turned him into a flailing infant - with a touch of Keanu Reeves from Bill & Ted.

~sigh
Good points. I still for the life of me can't figure out why Marvel does not show Jessica Jones real superpower of being able to jump super high and her flying ability. She has like 2 super jumps randomly in her series, and they have never shown her flying. They didn't show either ability in Defenders. I know in the comics she doesn't like to fly because she's not good at it, but they need to at least display that ability. I'm thinking that either a) it's a departure from the more realistic tone of the Netflix shows (although being bulletproof and having a glowing fist is too, yet they display those powers) or b) they're waiting on highlighting her powers for her second season as a way to add some buzz to the season. Either way, it's a little weird that she's been in 2 series and her most unique power is glossed over.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:

Good points. I still for the life of me can't figure out why Marvel does not show Jessica Jones real superpower of being able to jump super high and her flying ability. She has like 2 super jumps randomly in her series, and they have never shown her flying. They didn't show either ability in Defenders. I know in the comics she doesn't like to fly because she's not good at it, but they need to at least display that ability..

My understanding according to the show at least is that she didn't like using her powers let alone fly as you said above.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Outside of Daredevil, I didn't love the other series, and never got into the Hand as being good villains, so I was a little pessimistic to begin with.
I thought the JJ series was good for the mere fact that the villain (Kilgrave) was more original than what we're accustomed to seeing. Luke Cage was good until the end where he somehow wasn't strong enough to easily beat a guy in a Halloween costume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV