Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 07:51 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I loved this show!!! (same as i loved the Bates Motel) coz the psychological thrillers scare me. Darrin Criss should win a ton of awards for his acting.

The one thing that amazed me was that someone can so easily get into a houseboat, and live like a squatter in there, like Andrew did. whats up with that?

Sorry it is over, but i am glad in a way because now i can get to sleep early and not be so tired at work. that show intriqued me so much that i could not wait to see each week.
That kind of surprised me also. It wasn't that dangerous in Miami Beach and it was pretty laid back, but there was definitely a lot of property theft, and you had to lock everything--we had an alarm system.

He did break in--it wasn't wide open, but how did he know the guy was out of town and wouldn't walk in on him? And amazingly--he knew how to work all the remotes for all the tvs as soon as he walked in the door (just a detail, but I remember remotes were a little more complicated in those days).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 08:55 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
I loved this series too. The acting was great, especially Darren Criss. I wish they had done a screen crawl at the end telling us what happened to everyone afterwards.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:04 AM

18,103 posts, read 15,676,604 times
What happened to Andrew Cunanan's parents:

What Happened To Andrew Cunanan

Old 03-23-2018, 11:50 PM

1,149 posts, read 935,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The guy who owned the houseboat lived in another country for at least part of the year and he had a caretaker watch over it. The caretaker was on the phone with the houseboat owner, who asked the caretaker to check on something for him. And that's how Andrew was caught -- caretaker came in and saw someone was living there who shouldn't be there.
Thanks for the clarification. I watched the finale twice and tried to figure out who he was, thought he was an undercover detective, but get it now since he did receive a phone call. Must have missed the conversation.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:44 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
FX has such great programming! they had Bates motel which was another excellent thriller. and this summer they are having another new series coming up!

Old 03-26-2018, 04:33 PM

390 posts, read 379,928 times
OK this show was so good. Darren Criss was phenomenal. Hope to see him in more shows coming up

Old 03-26-2018, 04:47 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
They certainly followed the true saga of his story....after reading several true crime books about him....what a chameleon he was, changing to the circumstances, or the person around him...that's what was so scary.

Then him killing Madsen, once Madsen was not interested in him....couldn't take the rejection...leading to anger and violence.
So glad you posted this, blueheron. The truths an issue with many true crimes made to movies. Didn't have a chance to watch this, definitely interested.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:38 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
I thought this series was excellent. But, for some reason, maybe the name, maybe the way it was promoted, it had very few viewers.

I don't know about the last episode but the second to last had fewer than 1 million.

I'm sure Netflix or Amazon will pick it up for streaming. Maybe it will do better there.

Last edited by karlsch; 03-26-2018 at 06:06 PM..

Old 03-26-2018, 05:56 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,485,114 times
For those interested, here's a long - and very worthy - examination of Andrew Cunanan.

Quote:
The Killer’s Trail

The shocking Mob-style execution of fashion designer Gianni Versace appears to have been the crescendo of a cross-country murder spree that landed 27-year-old Andrew Cunanan on the F.B.I.’s Ten Most Wanted list. From the truth about Cunanan’s childhood, through his free-spending days at the heart of San Diego’s gay society, to the bloody crime scenes he left behind in Minneapolis, Chicago, New Jersey, and Miami, the author follows the twisted psychological path that ended only when Cunanan turned the .40-caliber murder weapon on himself.
https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/.../cunanan199709

Old 03-26-2018, 06:36 PM

143 posts, read 111,690 times
I LOVED the series, am so sorry to see it end. Darren Criss was crazy good in his role as Andrew Cunanan. I really thought everyone was very convincing, Penelope Cruz, Ricky Martin...The story line held my interest every minute of each episode. The OJ Simpson story was done very well also, I look forward to more of these FX series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV