Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 10:02 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Jeff Probst made exactly the same comment. Is he sexist towards men, too?

Poor men. We've been suffering so long, haven't we, fellas?
He's in front of the camera speaking to millions of people, he took the PC route. Can't blame him, didn't want to cause controversy for the show.

So men have never been discriminated against by women??? Unless you've worked in an environment with all women you don't know how bad it can get. I have and dealt with everything from sexual harassment to outright discrimination. So don't comment on something you obviously know nothing about. Or take your blood pressure medicine if that's your problem. You've been argumentative with others in this thread as well. Might want to check that going forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 12:35 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
He's in front of the camera speaking to millions of people, he took the PC route. Can't blame him, didn't want to cause controversy for the show.

So men have never been discriminated against by women??? Unless you've worked in an environment with all women you don't know how bad it can get. I have and dealt with everything from sexual harassment to outright discrimination. So don't comment on something you obviously know nothing about. Or take your blood pressure medicine if that's your problem. You've been argumentative with others in this thread as well. Might want to check that going forward.
LOL. I'm not the one acting like I'm getting the shaft. You are. You're also making massive leaps to bizarre conclusions based on things I did not say (see your first sentence).

Old 12-26-2018, 08:06 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
I think Gabby/Angelina/JProbst are absolutely correct. Women are treated/viewed differently when they play hard on Survivor. We've all seen that first hand many times. However, in this case, if a man acted like Angelina he would be seen as a big time jerk, just like her. She wasn't disliked for game play after all. Too many to list. haha The jacket deal was the seal for her.

Anyhoo, I was glad Angelina got no votes. The winner was an easy one out of that bunch. I lost all respect and like of Mike in the end. His smarmy attitude and 'whatever' at TC was bad. His true colors came out. At TC he couldn't think of any real reason to win, other than I'm here so why not. heh Riiight. Christian ended up as a bag of hot air and non-sense. 'Big words'?! lol What? He pontificates a lot but never really says anything. Oh well. He was also wrong about 'transitional' game play by Mike. Mike played Sandra's game and she played it better - twice.

I really enjoyed the season, even though I dislike themes. It wasn't valid at all anyway. Like to see Davie play again, without some dumb theme stigma.

Last edited by JonasW; 12-26-2018 at 09:35 AM..

Old 12-26-2018, 08:13 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Well, I realize I'm a week late but we didn't get to watch the finale until Friday night and with the holidays, there was just too much going on until now to bother posting.

I loved this season. I think it is one of the best, certainly top 10, I'll have to re-evaluate to see how high I think it deserves to be ranked, but I think the finale was a bit of a letdown. Once Nick won that last immunity, I knew he won the game. It didn't matter who won the firemaking challenge, which was a bit boring. Or who was better at the final tribal. Once Nick was safe and was going to be in the finals, I knew he was going to win. Even the fake out with Jeff reading 3 Mike votes after 1 Nick vote, it either was going to be a Mike runaway (not likely at all) or they were just reading the only votes Mike was getting. I'm not sure why they didn't alternate it for those first 6 votes. So that lack of tension kind of brings the finale down for me.

The jury this season was too nice. Nobody really seemed to call anyone out! Other than someone telling Angelina to shut up about the rice (though a bit nicer), nobody called the final 3 out on any of their answers. When Alison asked Angelina if the fake immunity had been done to humiliate her, Angelina said no and Nick just laughed and shook his head, I really, really which he'd have spoken up and told Alison exactly what Angelina said and what went down. How she wanted them to get Alison and the rest to vote for Angelina but then she'd use her idol and "save" herself, something that wasn't necessary because they had the votes to get Alison out. Obviously it was only to humiliate Alison. But maybe not saying anything made Nick look better. He already knew Angelina had no way of winning.

Angelina's ladder story kept getting better and better. First it was 8 feet tall. Then she told someone and it magically became 10 feet tall. At the final tribal, she said she climbed 100 feet up this cliff! And neither of the guys brought up that Angelina could not find it. She had to get them to point it out to her, even asking, I think it was Nick, to get off the ladder and let her get the idol.

The whole second half of the season we kept hearing them talk about how Alison was such a threat and she would win if she made it to the end. The problem is the edit never showed us anything. She was invisible for half the season! That disconnect made me believe there was no way Alison was making it to the end. Because if we're told all season how she wins if the makes it to the end, and then she does and doesn't win, we're left to wonder what they heck they were seeing out there that we weren't. We're still left thinking that but we don't care as much because she didn't make it to the end.

Then poor Mike. He orchestrated a lot of blindsides, led the vote to get several of those people voted off. The problem is nobody knew that. No one was mad at Mike because they didn't know he was leading all these votes. And I don't recall him really owning up to any of it at the final tribal. He could have tried to work that in somehow while also mentioned how many votes Nick was on the wrong side of, how many times Nick was blindsided by the vote when his ally was voted out. Maybe that would have helped Mike. It's hard to say. There was concern that maybe Mike wouldn't win because people would feel he didn't need the money due to his career in movies, but I didn't hear that come up at all.

Overall, a great season! On to the next!

Last edited by ischyros; 12-26-2018 at 08:59 AM..

Old 12-26-2018, 08:23 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
When Alison asked Angelina if the fake immunity had been done to humiliate her, Angelina said no and Nick just laughed and shook his head, I really, really which he'd have spoken up and told Alison exactly what Angelina said and what went down. How she wanted them to get Alison and the rest to vote for Angelina but then she'd use her idol and "save" herself, something that wasn't necessary because they had the votes to get Alison out. Obviously it was only to humiliate Alison. But maybe not saying anything made Nick look better. He already knew Angelina had no way of winning.
I agree with your whole post, except Nick didn't stay silent. When Angelina said the fake idol wasn't mean to embarrass Alison, Nick did speak up and said "Yes, it was."

That's how I heard it, anyway. Anyone have the clip?

Old 12-26-2018, 08:56 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I agree with your whole post, except Nick didn't stay silent. When Angelina said the fake idol wasn't mean to embarrass Alison, Nick did speak up and said "Yes, it was."

That's how I heard it, anyway. Anyone have the clip?
Yeah, you're right. He did say that. I missed that. But I guess what I mean is he didn't elaborate and tell the whole plan.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:26 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Yeah, you're right. He did say that. I missed that. But I guess what I mean is he didn't elaborate and tell the whole plan.
That's true. The whole plan was ridiculous. Angelina thought it was going to be her big dramatic winning move. "Cause as much drama as possible...juries love that sort of thing!" How delusional can a person get?

Old 12-26-2018, 09:40 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
Yep, that's exactly what Nick said - he called her out and she denied it. I'm sure Angelina's plan of fake idol and fakely (new word!) using a real idol was told to the jury by whats-her-name after she failed at fire. She knew the 'plan'.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:06 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Anyone know why Alec was not at the reunion show? He went pretty far in the game to not be there. Someone earlier said the final three had been leaked. Think maybe Alec leaked it and the producers disciplined him by not having him on the reunion?

Old 12-27-2018, 11:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Anyone know why Alec was not at the reunion show? He went pretty far in the game to not be there. Someone earlier said the final three had been leaked. Think maybe Alec leaked it and the producers disciplined him by not having him on the reunion?
Shows how much I retain of every season....I forget who Alec is already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV