Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 12:17 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,415,007 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I probably would've voted for Mike if I had been on the jury. Reasons being: He quietly engineered most of the votes, got people to change their minds without looking bossy, made it without being an athlete, flipped on people without serious repercussions -- I mean, Nick brought him to the finals and Christian voted for him! Most people who are successfully able to steer blindsides start getting cocky and it's their downfall. Mike never did that.

However, I didn't want him to win. I was yelling at the TV when Nick voted Alison out instead of Mike, who I felt was a MUCH bigger threat. I thought Nick really cooked his goose. Thankfully, it worked out for him in the end. I believe the jury found him more deserving because he played a great game, outlasted all the other Davids, and wasn't already a millionaire.

I do not agree with Jeff saying Angelina didn't get the respect that a man would've gotten with similar gameplay. Angelina's downfall was that she couldn't keep her mouth shut about HERSELF, and that fake idol at the end was just cruel. Glad she got zero votes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 12:20 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,415,007 times
I saw a story on TMZ that there was going to be a proposal at the reunion. I didn't see one....did I miss it?

Old 12-20-2018, 12:46 AM

44,645 posts, read 61,677,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
OK this final 3 is like every time I go to the polls to vote in real life I vote for the lesser of the 2 evils so to speak.

Having said that...……………………………
Spoiler
Nick
is my pick and y'all know how much that PAINS me to post that. But he played better than the other 2 left.
so agree to what all you said.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:45 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I saw a story on TMZ that there was going to be a proposal at the reunion. I didn't see one....did I miss it?
Maybe that was when Jeff asked Christian if he and Gabby were still friends? He was supposed to pop the question then but chickened out?

I must say I was not impressed with Christian at the reunion. He came off as a snob with his statement of "it took intelligence " and he used words nobody else would use like "hyperbole and....". I forget the other word he used...."theoretically", maybe? Maybe he didn't mean to sound snooty but that's the way it came across to me.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 12-20-2018 at 01:53 AM..

Old 12-20-2018, 06:53 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,308,525 times
Angelina proved beyond any doubt that I was right about her. Horrible person in the game and in real life. The ease with which she lies is something that isn't just game play. I'm glad Nick called her out when she said the fake idol wasn't an attempt to embarrass Alison. It was. We all saw it. She lied. He called her out. Kudos to Nick for that.

Why was everyone gunning for Alison, anyway? I don't recall her ever doing anything controversial. She seemed to be playing a quiet game and wasn't any kind of threat.

Natalie trying to redeem herself, and the whole tribe saying "nope, you are exactly as you were depicted on the show" was a great moment in the reunion.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:18 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,609,322 times
I'm glad Nick won. I couldn't stand Angelina's constant need to toot her own horn, and Mike was just... I don't know... smarmy? I like Nick though, and have thought since early on that he was a potential winner.

I also thought this was one of the better reunions here in recent memory. They talked about people's edits (Natalie being mad they made her look lazy, bossy, and mean, even though she is), Angelina made fun of herself ("I was watching and saying, Stop talking about the rice!"), and Christian being Christian. I didn't think Christian was being snobby or anything like that, only trying to describe how he felt when he came out there, and how he thought he would just be an outcast for talking funny and being a nerd. I was surprised that he voted for Mike, and thought Mike played a "transformative game". What did he do that other people hadn't already done? He played an okay game, but it certainly wasn't some new breakthrough gameplay.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this season, and thought that they did a good job with casting, and the season felt "fresh". Don't know what to think of the new season though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Angelina is a woman of color? She didn't look very colored to me! �� Again with the rice. She just doesn't give up, does she?
She is, technically, a "woman of color" according to her heritage. I saw her posting about her ancestry, and her ancestry profile a while back on Twitter, and her mom's side is from Mexico, and her dad's side is from El Salvador.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:27 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I was thinking maybe it was supposed to be Zeke and his boyfriend since Jeff interviewed them in the audience.
They really cut down the live part of the show this year which I think is a good thing. I am so glad a David won. Way to go Nick!

Old 12-20-2018, 08:38 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,185,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
She is, technically, a "woman of color" according to her heritage. I saw her posting about her ancestry, and her ancestry profile a while back on Twitter, and her mom's side is from Mexico, and her dad's side is from El Salvador.
Wow, seriously? I didn't realize that simply having ancestry from Mexico & Central America automatically made someone a person of color. Angelina sure looks white to me. There are white people from those countries, after all.

I never thought about her background, but she looks like she could be Italian, Armenian, Greek, Romanian, or Jewish. She sure doesn't look to be of indigenous descent. So I'm not buying her "person of color" and implied persecution BS. I think it's a disservice, and frankly rather insulting, to actual brown people (from Central America or anywhere) to have someone who looks white as anything try to get pity points as a p.o.c.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:51 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I was surprised that he voted for Mike, and thought Mike played a "transformative game". What did he do that other people hadn't already done? He played an okay game, but it certainly wasn't some new breakthrough gameplay.
He played a game in which he was pretty obvious about having no loyalty to anyone, and did it without making himself anyone's enemy, which is somewhat unusual in this game. While that's probably not "transformative," it does challenge the idea of season-long alliances. Christian played a watered down version of that, getting rid of Carl, for example, so he may see it as a valid strategy that is going to prove transformative in future seasons.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:52 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Wow, seriously? I didn't realize that simply having ancestry from Mexico & Central America automatically made someone a person of color. Angelina sure looks white to me. There are white people from those countries, after all.

I never thought about her background, but she looks like she could be Italian, Armenian, Greek, Romanian, or Jewish. She sure doesn't look to be of indigenous descent. So I'm not buying her "person of color" and implied persecution BS. I think it's a disservice, and frankly rather insulting, to actual brown people (from Central America or anywhere) to have someone who looks white as anything try to get pity points as a p.o.c.
I agree, but what do you expect? She's clearly a self-serving, horrible person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV