Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 01:54 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times

Advertisements

Mad Men
The Handsmaid's Tale
Fargo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 02:09 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
For some reason I can't get into Game of Thrones.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:08 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Many. The Handmaid's Tale comes immediately to mind.
Agree. I love Elizabeth Moss but this one’s a no-go.

Couldn’t get enough of Mad Men. Perhaps because some things remind me of my childhood.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:21 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Preacher...i am, always, asking myself,"...what is this about..?"

Old 07-13-2018, 06:49 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,948,846 times
Legion- I waited 2.5 months to rent season 1 from the Library. The first season was 8 episodes. I made it to no. 5 and quit. I found it boring and did not care if the mutant died or not.

Better call Saul- is this a drama, comedy, action, thriller. None of it. It just bland.

Blacklist- the whole idea became kind of corny.

Timeless- felt like villian of the week kind of show.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:35 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,189,207 times
Huh...

I figured I'd be roundly excoriated for not thinking Breaking Bad was the Best Thing Ever! Better company here, maybe...

Thought it was stupid from ep. 1 and went downhill pretty fast from there. Only watched it so my wife and I had one thing to do together.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:23 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I've been trying to watch "Sherlock" (the one with Benedict Cumberbatch) for the last couple of days, since it's always recommended based on other shows I've watched/liked... but halfway through the third or fourth episode, I just yelled I'M SO BORED and switched to something else. British shows have never really been my thing, with a few exceptions like "IT Crowd."

Old 07-16-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Huh...

I figured I'd be roundly excoriated for not thinking Breaking Bad was the Best Thing Ever! Better company here, maybe...

Thought it was stupid from ep. 1 and went downhill pretty fast from there. Only watched it so my wife and I had one thing to do together.
Did you watch the entire series? I think the first season was "meh," but that it only got better (amazing by the end) from there! To each their own, though.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I know it's blasphemy in many circles but I cannot make it more than 5 minutes into an episode of Seinfeld before i wish they would just shut up. I can in no way relate to, what seems to me, a bunch of well off folks whining.
Were they really "well-off?" I mean, they weren't poor by most standards - but I'd hardly call them wealthy. Maybe Kramer was secretly a billionaire, though.

I never really thought about their financial statuses, and related to it more on a "Jewish New Yorker" level. I'm not from NY myself (born in the D.C. area), but my father was Brooklyn born & raised! So they reminded me of my relatives, lol.

Quote:
Jenji Cohan (sorry if I miss spelled that) shows seem to follow a pattern for me, especially Weeds and OITNB, they start off strong, then get progressively worse. Weeds is a perfect example. it starts out with a great premise about a housewife selling weed to make ends meet. A few seasons in and it gets so ridiculous that it becomes hard to stomach, OITNB follows the same pattern.
I agree about Weeds and OITNB, but kept/keep watching because you get invested in the characters and story... I'm looking forward to the new season of OITNB, and hoping it will find its groove again. One can only keep watching out of loyalty for so long!

Old 09-09-2018, 05:53 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
I wanted to be part of the 'In crowd"...I wanted to be liked...invited over...I wanted
to understand the excitement on the Morning shows for each new season...I wanted know who this Cersei was..who were the Lannisters?
I completely loved Lena H on screen from other shows and movies.
But, even for free, I could not watch more than 20 min of Thrones.

I am now an outcast...bereft of friends, a boring loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV