Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 06:31 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I won't even attempt Game of Thrones.
Funny enough for the longest time I kept reading how great GOT was and yet I never watched it until like I got a free preview of HBO for a month or so and I started watching season 6 and found that I really enjoyed it and I went back and binge watched all the previous seasons and now I can't wait for it to come back. The only bad thing is between accidentally reading spoilers and seeing spoilers with starting off in season 6, alot of the surprise was gone when I went back to watch the earlier seasons. :/

Also this same thing happened to me with the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. Never watched it at all until one day I was laying in bed and happened to randomly tune into it and watched the three episodes where Galactica and Pegasus find each other and I was immediately hooked! I think this happened before the final season was aired and I decided to completely stay away from BSG until it ended to minimize spoilers and I ended up buying the whole series on Bluray and binged watched it for a few weeks. Now it has become one of my favorite all time shows.

As for which series I couldn't really get into, recently I'd say Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad. Just not my thing I guess even though I did watch the last few episodes of Breaking Bad just out of curiousity and it was pretty decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 06:38 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Better Call Saul. I think Breaking Bad was the best TV series ever, but I had trouble staying awake through season 1 of BCS. I found seasons 2 & 3 to be watchable, but overall I think the series is kind of disappointing and overrated.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:25 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,148,203 times
Quote:
Haha. Me neither. Totally not my style.

As an ex-firefighter I tried watching Rescue Me (on FX) back in 2004 and didn't like it. Here we are 14 years later and I just found this series airing again on Amazon Prime. I'm now addicted. I watched the entire first season (13 episodes) over the course of 4 days!

Old 06-20-2018, 12:29 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The first few times I tried watching DEXTER I couldn't get into it. But I forced myself to sit down and soldier through the first several episodes. It caught. I'm enjoying it now.

And older one: BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD. When it first came out, I heard all the outrage and just assumed it was trash. I sat down and watched it. That show was genius.

On the other hand, I have tried three times to understand the appeal of FIREFLY. I have watched it all the way through (yes, in order) once, and I have tried on two other occasions to "get it." I don't. That show sucks.

I loved Firefly. LOL

Old 06-20-2018, 12:31 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
There was a short lived series on Amazon, that I was always trying to get my friends to watch, but couldn't talk anyone into it. I thought it was great. It's called Mad Dogs.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2805574/

It's dark and funny.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:08 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times
The Blacklist
The Good Fight
Handmaid's Tale
Goliath
Billions
Game Of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Sons Of Anarchy
SO many more....

Old 06-20-2018, 03:11 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
The Blacklist
I was hooked on "The Blacklist" immediately. By season 4 I was struggling to stay with it.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:31 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
House of Cards
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Haha. Me neither. Totally not my style.

As an ex-firefighter I tried watching Rescue Me (on FX) back in 2004 and didn't like it. Here we are 14 years later and I just found this series airing again on Amazon Prime. I'm now addicted. I watched the entire first season (13 episodes) over the course of 4 days!
I am glad I am not the only person who is not interested in trying out Game of Thrones. I was beginning to think I was the last holdout.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:54 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
There are more TV shows that I've had trouble getting into than TV shows I've actually gotten into.

But as far as wildly popular series that I tried and failed to like?

Friends
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Hill Street Blues
X Files

... and hundreds more.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:10 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post

I loved Rescue Me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV