Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 05:01 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times

Advertisements

Yeah, the scene kinda creeps up on you. And it’s brief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 11:47 AM

And remember there are actually two murderers, but that’s another thing entirely.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:12 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
And remember there are actually two murderers, but that’s another thing entirely.
What the heck? Two? Now you've done it.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:57 PM

Lol.

I can’t wait till we can discuss this!

Old 08-26-2018, 05:37 AM

Ok ...re-watched the episode you told me...must be the dad...Amma's and Amy Adam's.
But, why? Sexual repression doesn't lead to that!

This is some show ...with all the flashbacks.

Why the teeth pulling...complicated show...love it.

Amy Adams's actually seems very mentally healthy considering...if you discount the cutting.
Re watching...I'm kind of mad at her roommate cutter, remember, way back?
What a terrible thing to have Amy find, big deal she placed a red rose on her pillow.
So common with suicides...the one that finds them is scarred for life...it is truly terrible...
You can't get the image out of your brain.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:41 AM

Well Miss H, I’ll see it tonight on Hulu at 9 and will then know if it’s faithful to the book.

No more hints for you!

Amma and Camille don’t have the same biological father, if that’s what you meant.

But there is truth to the apple not falling far from the tree here.

Do you remember Adora’s mother, Joya? You never see her; she is just described as being another cruel, sadistic narcissist.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:23 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
People who murder due to some psychosis usually use same pattern-Jack the Ripper being one example
In this story there are three murders--one in the past and two more recent--that are being investigated but only two publically acknowledged
And that's not giving anything away--
It is evident in the episodes...
It is just opinion at that point that says there were two or more perpetrators

Old 08-26-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Amma and Camille don’t have the same biological father, if that’s what you meant.

Do you remember Adora’s mother, Joya? You never see her; she is just described as being another cruel, sadistic narcissist.
No, I don't rem Joya's description, darn. And I totally forgot any ref to different dad's....gosh, my attention must have been on the other 100 things flashing by!

Old 08-26-2018, 08:30 AM

I kind of had a leg up as I did a paper on the one psychosis.

In any case, among other things, Joya used to pinch Adora in her sleep to see if she was still alive. Yeah, right.

Don’t remember the episode. There’s a scene on the porch where Adora’s husband tries to explain away some of Adora’s behavior to Camille.

This is definitely one of those shows where you’ll be smacking your head a lot afterwards!

Another telling scene is the boy in the schoolyard...

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 08-26-2018 at 08:39 AM..

Old 08-26-2018, 09:27 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I didn't read the book but can someone explain to me the reasoning behind Camille's transformation from the tomboy with such short hair and totally NOT into Adora's idea of what being a "proper lady" involves?
Was it the death of her sister that made her assume that more feminine role?
Because she felt guilty?

In families where one child is chosen for some perverse action by the parent--
Like MBP w/Adorra and two of her daughters or where the father/brother/male figure chooses one child to abuse and leaves the others alone
My understanding is there is great guilt felt by those NOT abused/mistreated--
Survivor guilt if you want to call it that
Because they were spared but also because they were not able to stop/prevent the abusive behavior toward the other siblings...

Obviously that is half of the self-destruction motivation Camille is feeling and probably allowed her to accept the OTHER abuse that came her way...
At least from what I have seen in series and armchair psychologist insight...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV