Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 09:03 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Reading what everyone is saying. Especially people that watch the shows we do. I don't do religious.

I don't either. I think I'm the only person in the US who didn't watch Touched by an Angel. I honestly don't see much religion in this show. There was a bible verse embroidered on a pillow or a plaque or something but that's all I remember seeing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 09:17 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I honestly don't see much religion in this show. There was a bible verse embroidered on a pillow or a plaque or something but that's all I remember seeing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I keep seeing people saying how religious the show is... But besides the pillow and maybe that random woman on the street a few episodes again, I haven't noticed much either.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I don't either. I think I'm the only person in the US who didn't watch Touched by an Angel. I honestly don't see much religion in this show. There was a bible verse embroidered on a pillow or a plaque or something but that's all I remember seeing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I keep seeing people saying how religious the show is... But besides the pillow and maybe that random woman on the street a few episodes again, I haven't noticed much either.
You and I must be the TWO people in the US who didn't watch Touched by an Angel, LillyX3. I never watched a single episode. I only know Della Reese played the Angel from commercials. IDK who was "touched".

It's not BIG on religion but it was implied a lot, imo. Not head-pounding, just a nudge.Kevin (Probably) Saves the World and God Friended Me were/are more "in your face" religious.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:23 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Funny how people see this as religious. I believe the final reveal will be of a non-religious origin.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:01 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
I like the show. I will say I like the last episode the least so far. I want more scenes showing what the NSA or FBI or whoever is doing or did do with the 11 passengers that are unaccounted for. At least I think that's what Micalea's brother said. (Sorry don't remember his name right now).

Old 10-26-2018, 02:11 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,017,000 times
I'm enjoying the show! But I have no idea what people are talking about re: religion. I haven't noticed that at all, and I can be rather sensitive to that topic.

Oh, and I never saw Touched by an Angel either.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:12 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I like the show.

I thought the pilot was interesting and showed promise, but The Good Doctor is on at that same time, and I like that a lot, so I'll try to catch Manifest in reruns, assuming it doesn't get cancelled.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:11 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
I don't find this show to be religious in content but I do feel like some kind of telepathy is going between the characters who were on that flight.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:43 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You and I must be the TWO people in the US who didn't watch Touched by an Angel, LillyX3. I never watched a single episode. I only know Della Reese played the Angel from commercials. IDK who was "touched".

It's not BIG on religion but it was implied a lot, imo. Not head-pounding, just a nudge.Kevin (Probably) Saves the World and God Friended Me were/are more "in your face" religious.
I didn't watch touched by an angel either. I started to watch Lost but gave it up. Hub watched till the end. I don't recall why I stopped watching it.

Well, I had 3 episodes on the DVR decided to delete them and remove it from the line up. We have so many shows on right now that we don't need another to watch. If the thread picks up where people say it's a great show then maybe I'll reconsider if it's not canceled by then. I haven't wasted time on Kiefer Sutherland's show since I heard it was canceled. I had 5 or 6 episodes to go. Hub finished watching it but I don't have time. I wasn't happy with how political it was getting anyway. He should have stayed with 24. I'd watch that if someone were to buy it.

I watch reality TV because they're more reliable when it comes to shows not being canceled ever since Private Practice was pulled when Grey's Anatomy should have been the show to go. So over networks doing that with stuff I like and replacing it with trash.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:28 PM

3,551 posts, read 2,533,348 times
I have watched 4 episodes on demand. Its kind of a meh show. Lots of soap opera stuff going on. Its not like Lost that much. There is some jumping back and forth to tell the past stories but its not bad at all, and that is how many modern dramas are shown.

I am not sure if I will continue to watch. Its not really that good compared to similar past shows, which started off with great intrigue, deteriorate as time goes by, and ended with dissapointment - been down that road with Lost, Heroes, The Dead Zone, Resurrection, Touch, Extant, The Event, and The Following.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV