Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 07:43 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I don't see that Angelea is more deserving to be in the final three than Laura. One obviously serious
problem Angelea has is her ability to get along with other people. I can see her having a fit in front of a client if she doesn't agree with the way she is told to do her job.

She is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted to get a job done the way she is instructed. Lisa does a good job but I am cheering for Allison.
Angelea must grow up, and stop thinking the world owes her anything just because she grew up in the "hood," people will respect her if she acts well, works hard, and does a good job, no one is going to pat her on the back just because of where she came from. No one is going to put up with diva behavior and instability either, she needs to be humble, appreciative, and earn her place in the industry. She's clearly not ready, she has a lot more to learn.

If she has any talent I think Laura could get acting jobs, and probably some beauty modeling, she's quite gorgeous when made up, she has great features, especially her mouth, but she's too short, and not really right for fashion modeling. She has charisma too, she just needs to tone down her accent, she doesn't need to sound like a midwestern TV anchor, she can sound southern, but she needs to be understandable.

I don't like Lisa, to me she's not pretty, and she's not ugly pretty either, she's just very unattractive, and I don't like her always over the top personality. I'm on team Allison, she is someone I relate too, I don't look like her (who does, lol), and she is more girly in style than me, but we share "vampire eyes," I care about intelligence and art, and I tend to be introverted, and quiet, which isn't necessarily the same thing as shy. I am rooting for the introvert to win over the obnoxious Lisa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:00 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
I don't like Lisa, to me she's not pretty, and she's not ugly pretty either, she's just very unattractive, and I don't like her always over the top personality. I'm on team Allison, she is someone I relate too, I don't look like her (who does, lol), and she is more girly in style than me, but we share "vampire eyes," I care about intelligence and art, and I tend to be introverted, and quiet, which isn't necessarily the same thing as shy. I am rooting for the introvert to win over the obnoxious Lisa.
I agree. Lisa seems to try too hard to be "different" or funny. I get tired of that. But when it comes to the job she is given she is all business even if she does it in a goofy way. She does behave when she needs to.

I like Allison for the win because I think her pictures are gorgeous. She knows how to use what she has to her best advantage. That makes her a winner. But as Nigel said, she has to show more personality or she won't get noticed by prospective clients. Unfortunately for Allison that seems to be a prerequisite to get jobs in the modeling business.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I agree. Lisa seems to try too hard to be "different" or funny. I get tired of that. But when it comes to the job she is given she is all business even if she does it in a goofy way. She does behave when she needs to.

I like Allison for the win because I think her pictures are gorgeous. She knows how to use what she has to her best advantage. That makes her a winner. But as Nigel said, she has to show more personality or she won't get noticed by prospective clients. Unfortunately for Allison that seems to be a prerequisite to get jobs in the modeling business.
Allison has a great personality, Tyra confuses personality with being bubbly and super outgoing because that's how she is, Allison has a different type of personality that many people who can hire her will LOVE. Her quirky style, intelligence, and artistic side are very appealing to many people, especially photographers, stylists, and art directors who often don't care for people like Lisa. My close friend is a photographer in New York and she would choose someone like Allison over a Lisa any day. Others have also seen her way of being as an asset, like when Game went nuts for her, he saw something in her, and many other people in modeling and entertainment will see it as well.

You don't have to be super outgoing, and perky bubbly to stand out, Allison stands out in any group, not everyone will prefer her artistic personality, but not everyone will prefer Lisa's "out there" personality either, everyone looks for different things. I believe that if Allison really wanted to, she could go farther than Lisa in the industry, but I'm not sure will choose that, she doesn't seem to have that need to be famous, I could see her going toward a totally different life path, Lisa wants it BAD, and you are right, she does work hard, and get it done.

Allison had a rough week because of her eyes too, I think that really affected Tyson's opinion, he saw her at her worst. Allison doesn't whine, and make excuses about it, she jokes about "vampire eyes," but I understand how hard it is for her, it's a real medical issue, and it can be torture. Her's seem even worse than mine, and mine are bad, but I totally understand the redness, pain, runny nose, and I often sneeze uncontrollably too.

Last edited by detshen; 12-02-2011 at 09:25 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 PM

I know that Tyra has mentioned quite a few times that Allison is too quiet. But sometimes Tyra's overbearing personality I think is a bit much.

Allison herself has said she is introverted and she is concerned that it will interfere with her winning. She definitely has a good personality but it doesn't show up as readily as some of the others. Since this is Tyra's contest, she will be the one to determine who wins and I think she favors the more outgoing girls.

I think Allison has a bright future in modeling whether she wins this contest or not. But she does have to get used to feeling comfortable selling herself which is something she has said she does not do as easily as some of the others.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I know that Tyra has mentioned quite a few times that Allison is too quiet. But sometimes Tyra's overbearing personality I think is a bit much.

Allison herself has said she is introverted and she is concerned that it will interfere with her winning. She definitely has a good personality but it doesn't show up as readily as some of the others. Since this is Tyra's contest, she will be the one to determine who wins and I think she favors the more outgoing girls.

I think Allison has a bright future in modeling whether she wins this contest or not. But she does have to get used to feeling comfortable selling herself which is something she has said she does not do as easily as some of the others.
She may not win this contest, (I do hope she does for all the introverts out there who would like to see someone like her win, and be held up as special,) but I'm not sure losing ANTM is much to cry about, the winners don't seem to have major careers. Tyra definitely favors really outgoing girls, I think she is basically looking for herself.

The fact that this is a TV show and a contest makes it very different than real life. From what I can tell when they are not at panel Allison isn't particularly shy, I have seen her joking and having fun with the make up artists, and other girls, that's the person future clients will see. I can't even imagine how difficult standing up there being judged is, and then they want you to be happy, outgoing, and show tons of personality during that as well, that's intense. Even just at photo shoots, the girls must feel constantly judged.

After this show she will likely have an agent and publicist to sell her, She's just the talent, she'll just have to show up and do the job. A lot of people don't realize that models, actors, hosts and others are like puppets, those behind the scenes control almost everything. I was an actress for awhile, and just hated it, I felt like a puppet, very few decisions were mine, eventually I quit and went behind the scenes. Later I quit altogether, and went in a very different, more meaningful (IMO) direction, thank God, that world is full of mental cases, and I was just local, I know it's even worse in the big leagues.

Last edited by detshen; 12-02-2011 at 10:30 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Cosign to ALL of the previous posts. We all seem to be on the same page.

As someone else mentioned, Allison was an internet sensation far before ANTM and she will be around long after. She has her own personality and talents.

I am Tookie? Unlike some other folks, I liked a lot of this season but the Tookie thing? No. That video was ridiculous although the running from Angelea was hilarious.

I was interested in the book until that episode. Now? Just no.

When Angelea said she wanted to go into communications I laughed. I guess I was wrong? Who knew she could write? So her street talk is just a cover for intelligence?

At least I hope that is true...and not just the producers covering for her. When she won that blog writing contest it made me wonder if this is just a setup for her big win.

Maybe not. There are many kids from the ghetto that have great writing skills even though they talk like they are from the hood in order to fit in and survive.

Agree that I just don't think Lisa has what it takes. She's not beautiful or likable.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

As someone else mentioned, Allison was an internet sensation far before ANTM and she will be around long after. She has her own personality and talents.

I am Tookie? Unlike some other folks, I liked a lot of this season but the Tookie thing? No. That video was ridiculous although the running from Angelea was hilarious.

When Angelea said she wanted to go into communications I laughed. I guess I was wrong? Who knew she could write? So her street talk is just a cover for intelligence?

At least I hope that is true...and not just the producers covering for her. When she won that blog writing contest it made me wonder if this is just a setup for her big win.

Maybe not. There are many kids from the ghetto that have great writing skills even though they talk like they are from the hood in order to fit in and survive.

Agree that I just don't think Lisa has what it takes. She's not beautiful or likable.
Angelea running was freaking hysterical. I have heard her speak normally on a couple of occasions, and she does sound intelligent, and quite well spoken. I think there is more to her than we usually see, but she has to grow up, and learn how to act appropriately for the situation. Talk anyway you want while hanging with friends, but when talking to people in a professional setting you have to speak properly, stay in control, and keep emotions in check, and don't expect people to feel sorry for you, most of us have had it hard in one way or another, and don't want to hear it, again, save that stuff for friends and family.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:26 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

Could they have picked a better name than "Tookie" ??

Yes, I too was also thinking this about Angelea, oh, please, don't let her win. Do not let her win!!

I agree, I like Lisa but then I don't, I do not see her as Model though.......

So we have Lisa, Allison and Angelea...............

Why am I not getting a good vibe on this now.
I was all for Dominique winning.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Could they have picked a better name than "Tookie" ??

Yes, I too was also thinking this about Angelea, oh, please, don't let her win. Do not let her win!!

I agree, I like Lisa but then I don't, I do not see her as Model though.......

So we have Lisa, Allison and Angelea...............

Why am I not getting a good vibe on this now.
I was all for Dominique winning.
I want Allison to win, but I think Dominique should still be there. She was gorgeous, and she had a great personality, the panel said she didn't stand out, or whatever, but they can't really know that until the show is filmed and edited, Dominique's voice overs and interviews were great, she was funny, intelligent, and well spoken, I'm sure any client would enjoy having her around, and she was stable, unlike Angelea.

I wonder if Tookie was a childhood nickname of Tyra's, Tyra loves to make things about her even if it doesn't make sense.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:38 PM

Okay, I don't know if anyone else has ever heard this but I have always heard of the word "tookie" as slang for a "derriere." I wonder if that's what Tyra had in mind when she decided to use that as the main character in her novel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV