Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2021, 09:06 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times

Advertisements

https://www.wondrium.com/

I don't know how new this streaming service is, but I saw the commercial for it for the 1st time today (9/22/21). Does anyone have this & if so, how do you like it? It looks veery similar to Curiosity Stream, but also with teaching programming.

There's a quarterly plan of $10/mo in which they'll bill 3 mos at a time. After the 1st 3 mos, they'll charge $45/quarter. Then, an annual plan of $12.50/mo in which they'll bill $150 for the whole year at once. And finally a monthly $20/mo if you just want to be billed by the month. I hope all streaming channels don't start billing like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 11:45 AM

Today is Mon., Nov. 29th.

https://www.wondrium.com/customer/plans/

There's a holiday promo: 50% off their quarterly & yearly plans. (Monthly plan is still $20/mo.)

Old 12-03-2021, 03:52 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,290,301 times
Isn’t Wondrium the latest reincarnation of the Great Courses?

Subscribing to way too many streaming services is my guilty pleasure, but Wondrium is one I have resisted thus far. I think that taped college lectures are part of their inventory.

For documentaries, I like CuriosityStream and the PBS Documentary sub-channel on Amazon. I subscribe to Magellan too, but I’m not sure I watch it enough to recommend it. I subscribe to Discovery+ primarily for AHC (was Discovery Wings way back in the day) and History Vault for the vintage History Channel stuff before Ice Road Truckers reality TV took over.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 12-03-2021 at 04:02 PM..

Old 12-04-2021, 07:03 AM

1,013 posts, read 724,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

Subscribing to way too many streaming services is my guilty pleasure, but Wondrium is one I have resisted thus far. I think that taped college lectures are part of their inventory.

For documentaries, I like CuriosityStream and the PBS Documentary sub-channel on Amazon. I subscribe to Magellan too, but I’m not sure I watch it enough to recommend it. I subscribe to Discovery+ primarily for AHC (was Discovery Wings way back in the day) and History Vault for the vintage History Channel stuff before Ice Road Truckers reality TV took over.
Yes, it’s part of The Great Courses. I haven’t subscribed yet, but I really could get over-subscribed to all the appealing streaming services out there. I’ve bought a number of The Great Courses over the years and liked nearly every one of them.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLfan1977 View Post
Yes, it’s part of The Great Courses. I haven’t subscribed yet, but I really could get over-subscribed to all the appealing streaming services out there. I’ve bought a number of The Great Courses over the years and liked nearly every one of them.

Never heard of Great Courses nor Magellan, so I'll bookmark that for later too. Good to know about that AHC & History Vault since my fiance' likes that kind of stuff, thanks.

Just as I was saying to another poster in another TV thread, all the streaming choices in general are great, but I know my limits, ha! This is now the most streaming services I've ever had (just 3 all on promo pricing). But I still have cable TV too.

I don't want any more than this because I have a ton to watch as it is. I record something pretty much daily from my cable, so now I have this extra too. It would take being free 24/7 to watch everything, but of course, I'm not that free most of the time, ha!

The paid ones I currently have (got them all on promo prices) are:
  • Curiosity Stream
  • Hulu - just signed up the other day
  • Peacock - just signed up the other day

(I used to have HBO Max. I'd like to have Netflix again & Paramount+ soon.)

I have a Roku & I still have cable TV.

QUESTION: Does anyone have the link listing ALL the streaming services that are out there in general?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV