Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 11:43 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,297,481 times

Advertisements

he is absolutely inexperienced and so incorrect on his "reporting" that it seems to ridiculous that CNN give him his own news show.

gee, you don't suppose race played a part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 01:43 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
I watched his show twice, and didn't care for it. I think he's a great comedian, and should stick to that. He does fairly wall on Bill Maher's show as a guest and comedian, but he seems in a bit over his head for a purely political show. I also found him to seem a bit homophobic in one of the shows I watched, when he had a gay guest.

There's no shame in doing what you do best - in DL's case, making people laugh. He should stick with it.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:45 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Kind of like that O'Riley dude....who puts these asz clowns on tv anyway????

Old 03-30-2009, 03:26 PM

727 posts, read 1,890,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
he is absolutely inexperienced and so incorrect on his "reporting" that it seems to ridiculous that CNN give him his own news show.

gee, you don't suppose race played a part.
People jump straight to race on things everytime....geez!! I think he's doing an excelent job. Its just that some uptight people don't understand him!!! I hope and pray they have more people of color on news shows since you wanna talk race!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 AM

163 posts, read 420,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
People jump straight to race on things everytime....geez!! I think he's doing an excelent job. Its just that some uptight people don't understand him!!! I hope and pray they have more people of color on news shows since you wanna talk race!!!!

just in case you are wondering....I am not white.

So how do you explain putting someone like DL on CNN? He has no experience in political news and he shows it on his show. Like someone said, they should have stuck him on the Comedy channel.

And where have you been? In the caves with Bin Laden? There are plenty "people of color" on news shows.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:44 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
I don't know that Hughley --- or any network TV host for that matter --- are reporting anymore. Reporting is a dead craft on tv. He is commenting.

As for why they chose Hughley, they are probably hoping to copy the success of similar shows by guys like Bill Maher, John Stewart, Colin Quinn, etc.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:30 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
I'm guessing he got a show because somebody on the CNN staff thought there was a market for it. I mean the concept of a comedian reporting the news isn't exactly a new idea....it's just new to CNN. I'm guessing CNN chose DL because all the good comedians were busy.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Well I guess that's why the show was cancelled because it showed he was not a good fit for that type of show.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:53 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I watched his show twice, and didn't care for it. I think he's a great comedian, and should stick to that. He does fairly wall on Bill Maher's show as a guest and comedian, but he seems in a bit over his head for a purely political show. I also found him to seem a bit homophobic in one of the shows I watched, when he had a gay guest.

There's no shame in doing what you do best - in DL's case, making people laugh. He should stick with it.
Nah. He's not that great at that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV