Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times

Advertisements

I don't think she intentionally wanted to hurt anyone, but it's hard to get around that with the format of the show. I may feel differently if it's true that she let him go through an entire proposal. That's horrible if it happened!
Also, I'm not a big advocate of having Jason be the next bachelor and his son helping him choose. Having two sons myself, I wouldn't want to parade 25 guys in front of them and have them help me choose someone.
As for Jesse, I like him and think he seems like a really nice guy. I don't think she will be miserable with him because he does seem like a lot of fun. I noticed the "your" and had to giggle a little because her grammar has made me laugh a few times as well. I doubt she will care that he can't spell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 05:12 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Jason did get down on one knee and she quickly asked him not to. He never got the chance to propose.....I did feel bad..it was like someone sucked the wind out of his sails.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
I saw that part, crazyworld, but some of the posters have said they read that he actually went through an entire proposal that was edited out.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
oh....sorry

Old 07-09-2008, 05:58 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,064,393 times
Jason himself said he did a full proposal and they edited it out. It's in an interview with the seattlepi. You can probably find it on seattlepi.com.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:12 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Jason did get down on one knee and she quickly asked him not to. He never got the chance to propose.....I did feel bad..it was like someone sucked the wind out of his sails.
ABC did alot of editing and cut out the part where Jason proposed to DEANNA. You could almost see the blurbs if you look closely! it was weird!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:43 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post

I don't have a problem with her picking him - I have a problem with the editing of the show. There was no love story building. They practically force fed us Jason and his son, only to try and create something in the last half of the last show, with Jesse. He was "the friend" only prior to that.... anything romantic prior to that was so awkward.
It obviously wasn't that awkward to the two of them. Otherwise, she wouldn't have kept him around so long, especially if he was just "the friend."

Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,064,393 times
Yes, it would be easy if it was as cut and dry as that!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:23 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
I find the whole concept of the shows, The Bachelor, and The Bachelorette, just a bit bizarre, but am drawn to watching it because of the people, I guess. I have always been a 'people-watcher,' so it is kind of fun to see everyone arrive, watch the initial cut, and then tune back-in as the bachelors and/or bachelorettes are eliminated.

Then, I seem to find some humor in the discussions that go on for weeks and months after the show ends. Like, this is how some might want to find a lifelong partner, soul mate? someone to share the daily grind with? buy a home? raise a family? I say that, but then, I guess meeting a spouse other ways is largely a 'crap-shoot' too.

I did think it was most clever of the network to choose Deanna to become The Bachelorette after being disappointed by what's-his-name. I do hope they don't follow suit with Jason, however, as it might be too much of a good thing?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:12 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
I did realize after watching the season that I much prefer The Bachelorette over The Bachelor. I wish they'd alternate seasons instead of just throwing in a Bachelorette every once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV