Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 10:12 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,908,600 times

Advertisements

I don't know... I've been endeavoring to use more of what Paramount Plus has to offer, such as live shows, live news, etc. They may not be like Netflix but in my opinion Netflix has far fewer things I'm interested in because it caters to a very young and very different audience.

What is extremely irritating are the breaks between streaming inside a given season. Call me old, I don't care. They clearly aren't interested in building an audience if they arbitrarily decided when and when not to stream a current show. It's been shown that many boomers have plenty of money to spend on entertainment and other things, so the ageism (not directed at you Mark) is misguided and irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 10:27 AM

22,925 posts, read 28,298,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
... in my opinion Netflix has far fewer things I'm interested in because it caters to a very young and very different audience.
Netflix's original programming is pretty poor these days. Even compared to a few years ago, their original stuff ranges from mediocre to downright poor. But their selection of older movies and TV shows is still pretty decent.

If you're looking for good original programming, the best stuff these days is still mostly on HBO or FX/Hulu. AppleTV also has some really good stuff --- just not a lot of it yet.

Old 04-24-2024, 12:00 PM

9,889 posts, read 7,230,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I doubt any network will be interested. Streaming? Maybe. But I doubt it.

The problem is: CBS caters to a pretty narrow audience. In short: Mostly old people. The people that 20 years ago watched MATLOCK now watch most CBS shows. They are going to complain about Todd's cancellation, but they are not going to go watch it on PARAMOUNT PLUS, which mostly has programming for a much younger audience.

Ten or fifteen years ago, this show might have stood a chance in being picked up by a network like USA or TNT. I don't see that happening today. I suspect this show is gone forever.

Hey, it happens. Good shows don't always make it. I'm still bummed that WONDERFALLS never got another season, and I don't understand why THE EDUCATION OF MAX BICKFORD isn't even available on DVD.
I can't believe that Matlock went off the air 30 YEARS AGO. The viewers are probably dead today but yes, the demographics of most CBS shows - mainly the dramas - skew older.

Old 04-24-2024, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I can't believe that Matlock went off the air 30 YEARS AGO.
I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn that there is a reboot in the works.

Old 04-24-2024, 04:32 PM

9,889 posts, read 7,230,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn that there is a reboot in the works.
Great - a old lawyer show reboot starring a couple of septuagenarians. That'll juice the ratings.

Old 04-24-2024, 05:02 PM

50,881 posts, read 24,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Great - a old lawyer show reboot starring a couple of septuagenarians. That'll juice the ratings.
Isn't it going to be with a woman playing Matlock?

Old 04-25-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Isn't it going to be with a woman playing Matlock?
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCbQ9EQmO8

Old 04-26-2024, 09:47 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,908,600 times
I thought last night's episode was really well done, with twists and turns and had more of the usual zany goings on. I really hope they can keep this show going. Marcia Gay Harden and Skylar Astin shared the change.org petition on their social media.

Old 04-27-2024, 05:37 AM

9,538 posts, read 16,533,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I thought last night's episode was really well done, with twists and turns and had more of the usual zany goings on. I really hope they can keep this show going. Marcia Gay Harden and Skylar Astin shared the change.org petition on their social media.
I enjoyed last night's episode also and it's a shame the show is canx. CBS is on a roll canx shows. I heard yesterday that NCIS Hawaii got the boot also. NCIS Las Vegas was canx last week.

Old 04-27-2024, 06:40 PM

11,356 posts, read 16,719,851 times
Let me tell you a true story about the power of petitions.

The Ford Probe was designed to the be new Mustang with FWD.

Mustang owners went ballistic and started a petition to stop Ford from changing the Mustang. The petition worked and the Mustang RWD was saved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Probe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV