Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 09:15 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times

Advertisements

So far so good. Two episodes are out. Both excellent. Although I admit I am glad this is going to be the final season. The characters have progressed, and it's pretty obvious their storylines are coming to an end. I hope Barry doesn't spend the entire final season in prison. There just isn't much for him to do there.

NoHo Hank continues to steal the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4lf2LKZwoY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 04:29 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,412,906 times
NoHo Hank.... love him.

Looking forward to it. I'm going to wait until all the episodes are out, and then watch.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:30 PM

9,823 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Now why did NoHo hank go against Barry? His days are numbered.
Nobody is likable on this show right now, which I love so far,

Old 04-26-2023, 06:21 AM

4,627 posts, read 4,894,804 times
Hader has become a pretty good action TV director! He's listed as the director of all of season 4, he directed the bike chase/shootout in season 3, he directed ronny/lily in season 2

Old 04-26-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Nobody is likable on this show right now, which I love so far,
That's fair. And yeah, it's why I am glad this is the final season. The character's arcs are all bending to their destination.

But this show has always had its fair shair of unlikable characters.

Fuches has always been a bit of an inept Svengali. He's funny. But likeable? Nope.

Gene Cousineau is a narcissist often utterly lacking in self-awareness. He's hilarious. Likeable? Not really. Seasons 2 and 3 started trying to redeem him a bit. He was trying to be a better person. But he backslid pretty hard this season. He's just desparate at this point.

Sally has been a bit of a monster from Day 1. Completely self-obsessed.

NoHo Hank is hilarious as always. He has always been the bright spot of the show. He's kind of a psychotic Kermit the Frog. He's so eager to please and desperately wants to be loved and really wants to run the show so everyone will love him. But yeah. He's a psycho.

Barry was a monster from scene 1, but the drama revolved around the monster trying to stop being a monster and become a good man. (Kind of the opposite of what Walter White did.) But everything and everyone in his life kept dragging him back to his evil ways. Now, he is scared and desparate and in full-on monster mode. I can't see this ending well for him, unless we get a spooky ironic ending a la TAXI DRIVER. I know Hader is enough of a film nerd that something like that would not surprise me.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:32 AM

The Last 5 min of Barry this week

Old 05-22-2023, 07:37 AM

No love for Barry?
No ho hank has become an absolute snake.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:08 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,249,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
NoHo Hank.... love him.

Looking forward to it. I'm going to wait until all the episodes are out, and then watch.
Thats us too. We wait till a few shows we watch pile up then sign up for a couple months of HBO. So Barry and Perry Mason will get us on board.

Old 05-23-2023, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
No love for Barry?
No ho hank has become an absolute snake.
Hank has always been a snake. Just a funny one.

I am certainly enjoying Season 4 a lot more than Season 3, which I thought was rather weak. Next week is the finale, yes?

The only thing of Season 4 on which I am crying foul: Fuches. His progression from bumbling, inept Svengali to a truly formidable bad ass? Unearned. I just don't buy that prison turned him into this. And his crew of criminal chuckleheads? Are we really supposed to think those guys could take out four trained assassins and former special forces operatives?

I just don't see this ending well for anyone. The only characters for which I have any remaining sympathy are Barry's son, Janice's father, and Gene's son --- all the unintended victims of the monsters in their lives.

One thing though: What was up with the cop's bleeding eye???

Old 05-29-2023, 12:47 PM

The finale wasn't bad, but I was really surprised at its utter lack of humor. BARRY has always had its grim and dark moments, but there has always been a lot of black humor along with it. Not the finale. It was pretty grim from beginning to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV