Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 10:53 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times

Advertisements

I agree about Brett and do not give the other guy much credit for not throwing her under the bus - that was just a passive aggressive version of what Brett was doing. Brett was a jerk for mentioning it in the first place and the other guy should have made it clear that what they helped with was the plating - not the concept or cooking. That's what the judge was trying to get at and it would have been easy enough for any of them - including the ditz herself - to clarify. Not a big fan of hers either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
toosie,
I agree. I wasn't thrilled w/ the 2nd guy and the looks on his face nor was I understanding why she didn't speak up for herself better.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:25 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I'm watching right now and I can't believe what just happened! I don't want to say too much, because I know those on the west coast haven't seen it yet. This elimination is going to be very interesting. I will say I applaud the one guy (haven't learned their names yet) for not wanting to throw anyone under the bus.
His name is Teddy. I like him too.
Melissa is the one that gets on my nerves. I hope she's the next one to go.
Katie the earth gal is educational and I like that.
I like Debbies personality and Jefferys too.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:30 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,670 times
Oh man, there was so much wrong in this episode. A big kick in the cajones of Brett and one to Teddy too. They offer to give Melissa a hand then pour the screws to her at the judging. Teddy didn't shove her, but passive aggressive is just as damaging. Shame, shame on Brett. What a dirt bag.

And Melissa dear, there is no crying in cooking. Just stop it. Grrrr, I hate that whiny drama. Waaaa.waaa...my integrity...waaa. I wanted to smack her. Grow a spine. Stand up for yourself, but don't waaaaaa.
I don't care for green girl Katie so far. She's another cry baby. Just stop it

The judges sure don't hide who they are pulling for from the get go

They like Debbie Lee, the fake Korean. She is already a known liar. So much for the judges "character is sooo important" BS. They are just looking for someone to attract a specific demographic they currently lack in the programming.

Jamika won the holiday challenge and she seems like a nice pleasant person without the drama and a great smile. Right down the judges alley.

This show feels a bit manipulative

p.s. Teddy was a challenger in one of Bobby Flay's Throw Down episodes. I think it was for clams.

Last edited by baseballgal; 06-15-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
I missed the actual airing but caught it on repeat. That Brett guy was a trip eh? I agree the judges already know which one they are going to keep because they know the "target" audience that is not currently filled. I'll step out and say either the "southern" Korean or the black gal that fixed the cornbread & greens.

Now having said that why did she win the challenge? Come on that was basic cooking right there I won't be tuning into a show to watch that simple of cooking. Take simple ingredients and putting a twist sure~~~ not straight "my mama taught me this when I was 10 because we eat it almost daily" types of food.

I won't watch the Korean gal either she flat out lied about being "$1 under budget" to her team =no integrity in my book. Her Angel food cake dessert she took no ownership of it = no accountability in my book.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:42 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times
I think Jamika won because she kept it simple and she was able to tell a story. Some of the others got tripped up because they tried to go too big (remember the Valentine's Day meal?) and they weren't able to tie what they prepared in with a story. And when you think of the audience Good Housekeeping caters to, they want something simple that won't take too much time out of their already busy schedules. I think compared to the rest of the competitors, Jamika deserved to win.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:57 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Oh yeah - the valentine guy grates on my nerves. He doesn't seem sincere/real. The plate guy who didn't speak up when brett was bashing the mom reminds me of ray liotta - except i like ray liotta LOL. I like the halloween guy - hope he can cook as big as his personality - too bad he sucked at his tv time.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM

senalj I suppose you are right about Good Housekeeping and I will add Jamika is a very nice looking lady too.

What was so hard to connect ground pork, chops, sausage or tenderloin medallions to Ground Hog day though? That dude reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally was off the task.

toosie I agree the VD guy seems to be in it for the fame not the love of food. He was going to give a lot more details about his romantic VD day wasn't he if Bobby hadn't cut him off. I liked the Halloween dude too but will have to wait to see if I could take him for 30 minutes at a time.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,670 times
Valentine guy is Eddie. I call him eyebrow guy. He must spend a lot of time getting those suckers to look so perfect.

As for the judges blatant favoritism, I just remembered what Giada said about Debbie, something like, "I just want to sit on my couch with a cup of coffee and watch her." Really...why Giada?
Is that what they told you to throw out there at the pre-show meeting?

Edit to add. I hope Eddie goes next. I don't think I can handle him being referred to as VD guy for too long

Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
Valentine guy is Eddie. I call him eyebrow guy. He must spend a lot of time getting those suckers to look so perfect.

As for the judges blatant favoritism, I just remembered what Giada said about Debbie, something like, "I just want to sit on my couch with a cup of coffee and watch her." Really...why Giada?
Is that what they told you to throw out there at the pre-show meeting?

Edit to add. I hope Eddie goes next. I don't think I can handle him being referred to as VD guy for too long
Gee I didn't realize that until after I posted it sorry but that is what we call Valentines day around here. It honestly started as a joke when my oldest one made me a card in elementary saying "Happy VD I hope you spread it around" he didn't realize until he was much older what we were laughing at though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV