Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 02:39 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Jerry Orbach was the absolute best! I loved how he adapted/reacted to different partners along the way. He was brilliant! Also Briscoe's back story about his daughter was heartbreaking.
Yeah, Lenny's wisecracks will always remain one of the very best parts of the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 09:48 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Yes, they were a great team! Jesse L. Martin is good in anything he does.

As was Jerry Orbach who was great in Dirty Dancing as well as Lumiere
in Beauty and the Beast (lol) .

When he died , it was like losing a friend.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-07-2024, 12:53 PM

9,119 posts, read 6,165,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

And he was the El Gallo in the original cast of The Fantasticks in 1960!

What a career.

was there anything he couldn't do?

Old 04-07-2024, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone else playing Baby's father in Dirty Dancing. He was perfect.

The grandma (Lorelai's mother) from Gilmore Girls (Kelly Bishop) was also good as Baby's mother.

Old 04-07-2024, 10:48 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,695,930 times
I saw him live on Broadway in 42nd Street.

Old 04-09-2024, 08:54 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,964,723 times
It makes me so happy to see all the love and appreciation for Jerry Orbach. He was one of a kind.

Old 04-09-2024, 12:38 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Just a thought here.. While it often is sad when an actor leaves a role they've been doing for a long time.. It's also often a good thing.

I mean.. Think about ER. I think by season 8 all the original cast had left. And honestly.. Do you think that show runs for 15(?) seasons if the original cast was still there?

Hell, by the time the end rolled around, the originals and their replacements had all left, and the creator had died. But.. That kept the show rather fresh and enabled it to keep going.

Plus, no offense, but when actors get up there in age.. Sometimes it's best to leave to have an orderly end to their story. Think about Richard Belzer who basically retired from SVU three years before he died vs Jerry Orbach who died while filming L&O. Meaning while still an active character. He had moved to the Trial by Jury(?) side by then, but still.. Limits how you can send off the character.

Old 04-19-2024, 06:55 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,120,139 times
I didn't even know the show was back on. (I watch no regular network or even streamed TV......hardly ever, ever watch the news Only have an antenna.)

I loved L&O back in its hey-day.
Maybe younger folks who don't remember the original run are watching. And others fans who can't get enough of it. It's just long run its course for me.

To me it's like all the other show they recycled.
No new ideas so they resurrected -- uh -- "rebooted" shows that should have stayed gone....and younger people think it's some great new show -- when it actually SUCKS in comparison to the original.

And of course they don't even know.

Old 04-19-2024, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I didn't even know the show was back on. (I watch no regular network or even streamed TV......hardly ever, ever watch the news Only have an antenna.)

Maybe younger folks who don't remember the original run are watching. And others fans who can't get enough of it. It's just long run its course for me.

No new ideas so they resurrected -- uh -- "rebooted" shows that should have stayed gone....and younger people think it's some great new show -- when it actually SUCKS in comparison to the original.

Some shows have all of the seasons streaming...some don't.

The original Law and Order doesn't, and neither do JAG nor NCIS Los Angeles.

Catching up with all of the original Law & Order = a combination of DVD and streaming.

Old Today, 06:04 PM

40 posts, read 15,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post

I've seen much of - although certainly not all - of the original Law & Order - and the revival certainly does "suck" compared to the original. And Waterson leaving certainly puts a nail in the revival, although given how old and frail he is, I'm surprised they brought him back to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV