Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 04:47 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I am sooooooo happy Billy Miller won the Emmy for best actor last night. Well deserved. Now I'm sure the producers know what a huge mistake they made letting him go. It must have been bitter sweet for him though, winning when not being part of the cast any longer.
Not at all unusual for a fired star to win an Emmy.
Was it televised? I heard it wasn't, consequently few stars showed up and sharon osborne got realy raunchy and since there was no time limits every got carried away.
I always loved watching the daytime emmys even more than night time since i rarely find stuff on nighttime to my liking.

re watching soaps on CBS.com. The monday and tuesday episodes made me sick from so many commercials and the same ones running back to back. Then wednesday had not one ad. Goody I thought the rest of the week would be the same way but nooooo here comes thursday and friday with 2 sentences of dialog and then 10 minutes of ads...arghhhhhh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 05:12 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
I do not like the new Billy saw him today for the first time...I don't even give him a chance..I want Billy Miller back
Oh that's right, Alm. You're in Canada and see a day ahead of the U.S. I'll see him tomorrow. I read about the new Billy. I sort of feel bad for David Tom. He was put in right after Billy Miller left and no one (imo) could do a better job of playing Billy than Miller. I was also happy to see him win the award for best actor. He deserved it.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,162,840 times
Default New Billy!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Oh that's right, Alm. You're in Canada and see a day ahead of the U.S. I'll see him tomorrow. I read about the new Billy. I sort of feel bad for David Tom. He was put in right after Billy Miller left and no one (imo) could do a better job of playing Billy than Miller. I was also happy to see him win the award for best actor. He deserved it.
There is a new Billy? We just got a new Billy in David Tom, and now he's gone, too? The last scene I saw with him in it was probably last week when he and Chelsea were leaving Australia. Y&R is going mad, but I get why they probably let him go - there was no chemistry between him and Victoria or Chelsea. Even though he originated the role something was missing with his portrayal of Billy - I still would of given him a little more time, maybe. I miss Billy Miller in the role and I hope he comes back. I don't know about this latest "Billy." Billy Miller won an Emmy! That is great news - he deserves it. I missed the Emmys because I couldn't find it telecast anywhere. I am thinking they are giving the Daytime Emmys short shrift because of how the soaps are declining in popularity, but lately, I heard that there is a resurgence in popularity and viewers are growing.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 PM

it was streaming on the internet but not on TV. no sponsors could be found.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:05 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Why was Billy Miller fired? He was easily one of the most popular actors on post-Bill Bell Y&R.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:25 PM

he wanted too much money.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:34 PM

Default Live-streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
it was streaming on the internet but not on TV. no sponsors could be found.
I didn't even think of checking on live-streaming internet, but then again I don't think I could sit and watch it on the computer for a couple of hours. Sad, that they couldn't find any sponsors - it used to be a big event. This reminds me of when Miss America was dropped by ABC (?) and couldn't find any major networks to take them on. Finally, they found a home on the Country Music TV station, but not everyone had access to that station. It's great that Miss America is back on network TV again and I think the ratings are better than ever, maybe the same thing will happen with the Daytime Emmys. I remember it was a fun award show, minus some of the speeches, but great to see all the stars dressed up.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 PM

Default Billy Miller

Quote:
he wanted too much money.
I think Billy Miller is having the last laugh now.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:40 PM

only if he can get hired somewhere. Unfortunately there are plenty of actors who get an Emmy or Golden Globe or even Oscar and we never hear from them again. One hit wonders. But I don't think Billy Miller will be in that category. I like him alot.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:28 PM

Default Billy Miller

Quote:
only if he can get hired somewhere. Unfortunately there are plenty of actors who get an Emmy or Golden Globe or even Oscar and we never hear from them again. One hit wonders. But I don't think Billy Miller will be in that category. I like him alot.
That is unfortunately true, but hopefully we will be seeing more of Billy Miller. I heard rumors he is joining General Hospital (heard the same about Michael Muhney, too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV