Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 12:42 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,162,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I have to tell you, what they have done to Neil unsettles me so much I am thinking of not watching this soap anymore. I get actually physically uncomfortable whenever he is on now and I don't like the feeling. Victor has ALWAYS been a slime ball so I can handle (just barely) him.. But Neil has always been the good guy. I knew when he signed as a witness that fraudulent paper Victor wanted him to that there was no going back for him.
Wonder how Kristoff St. John feels about this turn in his character?
I was also very comfortable, nk, during the scene where Neil appeared on the cliff and he looked so cold and distant when he was about to ruin Hilary's life. You can tell that he was enjoying the pleasure of destroying her happiness, like he has been looking forward to this for so long and finally he was going to get his revenge. I don't like this evil pod person that he has become - you look at the man's eyes and you don't see the old Neil there at all. When Neil signed that paper, it was like shaking hands with the devil and signing away his soul. Victor corrupted Neil. I'm afraid that Neil can't come back from what he did - it's done and it shows he really doesn't love his son, no matter what he saids - always saying to Devon "You're my son and I still love you no matter what" LIAR. Devon might even go to prison because of this. And, what happened to Neil? Where is he? Guess, we'll find out tomorrow, but he must have been there if Hilary had fallen down the cliff - people heard a scream and Neil was there or was close enough to know what happened. I don't think she fell off the cliff - they are playing it like Gone Girl - she's angry and has disappeared to be by herself to regroup and decide her next move.

Kristoff has been through a lot this year with the death of his son. I really can't say how he feels, but I saw him on an interview and he was very emotional understandably and very angry at the mental healthcare system. Maybe, he is using that anger in his acting on Y&R.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 10:12 PM

I meant "uncomfortable" in my previous email. Sorry!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:59 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
we knew that...lol

Old 08-25-2015, 06:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
I see a baby snatch going to happen

Old 08-25-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
we knew that...lol
Thanks, nk!

Old 08-25-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I see a baby snatch going to happen

Why must we have to sit through another baby snatching storyline? It's been done already with Ashley/Sharon/Nick. Sage's baby is going to get snatched? Then, what wait a few years to do a DNA test and then the baby is reunited with the rightful parents. Let's not go down that road, but I know you are probably right and the baby snatch storyline is gearing up. I thought I saw Sharon tell Mariah (in preview) that she lost the baby? I must have missed that part today. If Mariah knows, then Sharon's plans to snatch Sage's baby probably will have some complications.

How come Sage looks like she is 8 months pregnant already while Sharon (before the miscarriage) didn't even show - they both got pregnant right around the same time, I think.

Last edited by coolgato; 08-25-2015 at 08:11 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 08:20 PM

Why are women wearing body clinging dresses while they are heavily pregnant these days? Sage was okay in that body clinging dress today but she is taller and she carried well (or as well as the costume people could find a nice belly pillow). I remember when pregnant women wore those cute empire dresses with billowing fabric below the bodice - it looked elegant and pretty. I noticed it is a trend among celebrities to really wear tight body clinging dresses, evening clothes that accentuate the baby bump and sometimes it looks okay if the woman is carrying smaller, but when the baby bump is rather large, seriously, it's not very attractive. Worse, is the style where heavily pregnant women wear yoga pants that reveal the baby bump (belly button and all), but that's more common with celebrities. I think the 1960s was the era that pregnant women had a lot of choice among maternity wear and there was even a designer who specialized in maternity dresses that looked so nice that some of the women still wore to parties and events when they weren't even pregnant anymore.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:23 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Seriously. I was proud of being pregnant back in 81 and loved my body but even if it had been the style, I doubt I would have worn the maternity fashions of today. Are there even more modest clothes available to today's pregnant woman?

Old 08-25-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Seriously. I was proud of being pregnant back in 81 and loved my body but even if it had been the style, I doubt I would have worn the maternity fashions of today. Are there even more modest clothes available to today's pregnant woman?
The body hugging dress styles have gone mainstream. It started with celebrities (as usual) and then that becomes the style. You don't see the dresses that are empire and with loose material covering the baby bump anymore. Kate Middleton has a pretty maternity style but even her clothes do not look like traditional maternity wear. I remember seeing Heidi Klum wearing a black evening gown and she had a really big baby bump - look like she was going to topple over - I thought that wasn't a good look for her.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,112 times
I remember when David Hasselhoff was a Dr named Snapper. And he was the second actor to play Snapper, but don't remember his name. He is Jill's brother, and they had another brother Greg. There was a main family the Brooks, with daughters, Chris ( who was with Snapper), Leslie and a younger sister I think Peggy?? But not sure. Katherine and Jill were fighting over Phillip Chancellor and Jill was winning, She was played by a vivacious red head. There were brothers Lance and Lucas. Lance was played by the guy who is Eric Forrester on the Bold and the Beautiful. Lucas was kind of a rebel with a scruffy beard. Their mother wore a veil because she had been in a fire?? Paul had a younger sister and his Dad was a police officer and his Mom played a key role on the show. Paul and Lauren were a popular young couple on the show. And Lauren was more of a villain during this time. Michael was not a good guy and actually raped Christine, who they called "Cricket" at that time. Steven Ford was on the show for a while ( President Ford's son) and was in the private investigator business with his best friend Paul. That's all been a pretty long time ago... My Mom was a fan and I loved sick days and the summer to be able to watch it. I really don't watch any Soaps anymore. More the HGTV channel, TLC and some of the newer shows, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory and Mike and Molly. But the soaps just got too "silly" and unbelievable for me. Ppl coming back from the dead, evil twins... story lines just TOO crazy for me anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV