Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 10:16 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,588 times

Advertisements

I hope that Rebecca Herbst stays on, I really don't want to see Elizabeth being recast, I've never liked that! If she does leave, I guess Sam will have Jason all to herself.. Boring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 11:25 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
After finally getting caught up in January after being 40 or 41 episodes behind, I've gotten behind again by 20.

A few minutes ago I turned the tv on, the channel was on CBS, and the first thing I saw was the actor who plays GH's Dr. Patrick Drake on the Young & the Restless, a show I never watch. Only soap I watch is GH, but I'm not surprised he's on another soap since I did see a recent episode where he was going to Berkley, CA with his family, so I knew they must have been leaving the show. Figured he was probably just taking some time off.

I miss Rosalie on the show, haven't seen her in quite awhile. Wonder if she's gone for good. (Keep in mind I haven't watched most of the past four week's episodes.)

Old 02-13-2016, 09:11 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Drama...I'd hate to see Becky go.

Quote:
Why is Vicki Dummer Allowing Her Current Series Executive to Privately Message GH Fans About Actor Negotiations?
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/...k-gh-contracts

Old 02-14-2016, 09:00 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I think it's hilarious that they are trying to blame Becky. She is the most loyal and non demanding actress/actor ever. She's gotten crap writing forever, and they always write someone terribly before dumping them. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. I'm looking at TPTB for this one.

It wouldn't be so bad except they dumped ME and lost JT. Valerie and Kiki have contracts now, as well as RB's Hayden and The new ME character.

I think they low balled Becky because they don't like Liz, and they wrote her in the corner. I knew the minute they wrote the never ending lie and basically made her a delusional fool, they wanted her out.

Oh well. I am glad DOOL is interested and hopefully Y&R wants her too.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:31 PM

8,073 posts, read 4,747,652 times
I have no idea what the real story in this is, obviously, but when I heard they were having 'issues' with her contract renewal, my first impression was that ABC believes her loyalty is an Achilles' heel--that she will 'settle' for less because she's a good soldier and likes the role/situation at GH. Having been on the receiving end of such a "taken for granted" attitude from bosses in my own life, the situation looked familiar. 'Less' in her case might be given a reduced guarantee, moving her back into the background as the go-to nurse when needed, but not being given a front-burner story like she's had for about a year now. Virtually everyone is now asked to take pay cuts, so that alone can't be the stumbling block. Perhaps she wants Liz to get out of the "unlucky-in-love" rut she's been in for so long, and the producers don't want to move her character out of that area.

Whatever the case, I hope they iron it out, because she's part of two of GH's oldest core families, and despite being relatively young, a veteran of the show.

Totally unrelated, but it needs to be said: Dr. Griffin Munro is very easy on the eyes.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:15 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Dr. griffin is very, very yummy. They could do a scrubs reboot with him and Liz, or bring back Britt.

I miss having the hospital be more than a backdrop. They spend more time at the floating rib than in GH.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:53 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Dr. griffin is very, very yummy. They could do a scrubs reboot with him and Liz, or bring back Britt.

I miss having the hospital be more than a backdrop. They spend more time at the floating rib than in GH.
I get the feeling Dr. Griffin will be more likely to come between Lucas & Brad, especially since we never see Brad much and he is married to Rosalie.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:54 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
I echo what everyone else said about Rosilee. They need a likable female 'villain'. Hayden is a beginner at best. Elizabeth was someone you luv'd to hate. She played her part well. I am sorry to see her go. There are more worthy candidates for trimming the fat. The writing is all over the place right now. Cannot get a read on it. Although its not as annoying as the Fluke era, this is not GH's finest moment. No Rosilee, no Dr. O, Brads all but gone, no 'Liz is going? This doesn't look good. The few days with Sam squirming around on the floor with the heater smoking away were pretty funny though, in a SyFy channel sort of way.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:50 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,588 times
Since Brad and Lucas made an appearance recently giving advice to Kristina about "her friend", Rosalie will probably return (but only briefly) to finish up that ancient storyline that some viewers have probably forgotten about.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:45 PM

8,073 posts, read 4,747,652 times
It would be relatively easy to shift a shifty character like Rosalie into another plotline. She could go to work for Nina at Crimson, since those two had great chemistry. Even better, have Julian put Rosalie in there to sabotage Nina, since Julian still wants Crimson to tank. Ro's at her best when she's doing her Mata Hari act. It would probably be too soapy, but have her Big Secret with Brad also involve Hayden, since she has so many Big Secrets of her own. Heck, make Rosalie's big bad Dad (referred to on screen back when she was on more often) also be Hayden's big bad Dad, and involve them in one plot where presumed-dead Hayden ("Rachel") and Rosalie have so much dirt on each other that they have no choice but to help one another in their schemes.

But more likely, they'll just say she left town and granted Brad a divorce in absentia and never refer to his Big Secret with her ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV