Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has a series finale of a TV show ever made you cry?
Yes 79 75.24%
No 26 24.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:44 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,079 times

Advertisements

The Final Ep (The Christmas special) Of the Office(UK).
Tim and Dawn finally were a couple.What a way to end the Series!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:32 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Only one---Six Feet Under. Actually the last couple episodes after Nate's death messed me up emotionally for a bit. I really loved that show and it the writing was top notch. I can recall crying quite a bit in the episode he passes away and the the finale. I still really miss the show a ton.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:37 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Six Feet Under definitely. I cried when Ruth died, but by the time Rico died, I was laughing and then seeing Claire ... it was just perfect. The most perfect ending to a show EVER. At least Alan Ball has True Blood now.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:09 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,033,769 times
The Mary Tyler Moore Show,M*A*S*H and Frasier.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:35 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
The finale of Six Feet Under (the montage to the song "Breathe" by Sia) made me boo-hoo my eyes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
I started crying when Keith got shot and just didn't stop after that. The music really blew my mind-it was so moving and emotional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
^

Only time I've cried at a TV Show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Six Feet Under has the best season finale I have ever seen, it definitely made my eyes teary, it just showed the unmatched brilliance of the show and they held it until the end. I miss it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Only one---Six Feet Under. Actually the last couple episodes after Nate's death messed me up emotionally for a bit. I really loved that show and it the writing was top notch. I can recall crying quite a bit in the episode he passes away and the the finale. I still really miss the show a ton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Six Feet Under definitely. I cried when Ruth died, but by the time Rico died, I was laughing and then seeing Claire ... it was just perfect. The most perfect ending to a show EVER. At least Alan Ball has True Blood now.
Look at all the Six Feet Under fans here!

I cried like a baby over that finale. The worst part of it, was I got all 5 seasons on disk from my uncle. And it was so addicting, I was watching like 4 episodes EVERY day. So i was totally emotionally attached. Not only did the series end, I didn't know what to do with myself for weeks (apart from watch the narrated episodes).

The finale was the greatest in television history. An absolute PERFECT finale, the likes of which I don't think we will ever see again. ER will not compare, I am certain of it.

I have seen the final 8 minutes many times on Youtube, and it wasn't till I had seen it like 10 times that I could watch it w/out tearing up. And the song is just amazing.....

Old 10-01-2008, 05:08 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
Gilmore Girls and M*A*S*H.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:17 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443
When Friends ended, I was in shock. Yeah, I cried during the season finale.
I picked NO but I must admit to you guys it WAS SAD seeing the last episode of LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRARIE!!

Old 10-04-2015, 11:25 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Look at all the Six Feet Under fans here!

I cried like a baby over that finale. The worst part of it, was I got all 5 seasons on disk from my uncle. And it was so addicting, I was watching like 4 episodes EVERY day. So i was totally emotionally attached. Not only did the series end, I didn't know what to do with myself for weeks (apart from watch the narrated episodes).

The finale was the greatest in television history. An absolute PERFECT finale, the likes of which I don't think we will ever see again. ER will not compare, I am certain of it.

I have seen the final 8 minutes many times on Youtube, and it wasn't till I had seen it like 10 times that I could watch it w/out tearing up. And the song is just amazing.....
When I saw the title of this old thread today, the first thing I thought of was Six Feet Under.

I was so sad when that series ended- I genuinely missed those characters... and the finale.... perfection.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:50 AM

389 posts, read 422,333 times
I need to see if Six Feet Under is on Netflix. I've heard people say it is really good.

Probably the only series finale I have cried was the Parenthood series finale, but that show made me cry most episodes. So I fully expected tears.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:54 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
"Northern Exposure" brought a few tears to my eyes. Even though I didn't like the direction the show had taken, I liked the way it ended. I had been to the town of Roslyn to watch them film a few times and I really felt close to that show. So I felt like an old friend was going away when it left the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV